I keep going over the mod limit in skyrim

Sheepdog4409

Ok So i want to start a new skyrim plythrough and i really want to have a lot of mods. I however keep going over the mod limit of 255 esps And i really want to know the best way to merge mods to have not as many esps so i dont go over the limit but still have a lot of mods enabled Any help would be apreciated and I am very aware of the types of tool such as tes5edit and wryebash but i need to know the main way to merge esps in skyrim so that i can make space on my plugins load order.

I use Mod organiser

Any help would be sick

Ok So i want to start a new skyrim plythrough and i really want to have a lot of mods. I however keep going over the mod limit of 255 esps And i really want to know the best way to merge mods to have not as many esps so i dont go over the limit but still have a lot of mods enabled Any help would be apreciated and I am very aware of the types of tool such as tes5edit and wryebash but i need to know the main way to merge esps in skyrim so that i can make space on my plugins load order.

I use Mod organiser

Any help would be sick

I found his spoon the man said I know I said

Try to merge things that bundle together logically.

So merge your texture esps, merge your interface esps, merge your weapons and armor esps.

If you think you might uninstall a mod some day don't merge it.

For example, SPERG has an esp, a Dawnguard esp, a Dragonborn esp, and compatibility patches for things like Immersive Armors and Weapons and Armor Complete.

Since you're not likely to uninstall those two mods, you could merge all 5 into 1. Boom, 4 spots saved.

Note that if you do merging on a live save game it can do a "reset" on an esp since you're removing dependencies even though you're putting them back in a new esp.

For example I merged almost all my weapon mods together and all armour mods together, didn't touch Immersive Armors and Weapons tho, they are best to leave as they are. Then mods with many compatibility patches (like AOS2, ETaC, RWT etc), usually you can merge all patches together without any problems, good to leave master as separate esp. Just doing this can save you easily 20-30 esp slots.

Go through your mod list - there are going to be many mods that don't do anything for most of the game - such as one that allows a different start. Once you have played that starting part, it does nothing for the rest of your game - play it, then remove it. Then there are quest mods that don't add any new or keeper items - after playing it - remove it. And other quests that cannot be played until you reach a specific level or have already done something else - wait until you are ready to install it. Many mods are nothing but retextures of weapons/armor/clothing - these can be merged. Then there are some mods that look like they will be cool, then turn out meh. Dump them. Then, just how many castles & houses do you really need? Many are repetitious and have the same features. Get rid of those you really don't use. The same with companions - many are interchangeable. Get rid of some of those that you really don't use. Every companion takes at least a single slot and some more than one. Many castles, houses etc will take 2 slots (an esp and a esm) and some a third (an update that was not integrated into the original) How many special weapons do you use? Do you really need another sword that looks the same as 3 others in your trophy case? The same with armors, the main reason to have so many is just to collect them for display somewhere. (just be sure not to delete the house that has your collection of 300 rare Dwarven daggers that all look just alike)