I keep going over the mod limit in skyrim

Sheepdog4409

if i merge all of my quests mods cause i know i wont uninstall them it says they are not detecable by the patch for it

Example

Moon and star mod and undeath are merged and the patch for moon and star for undeath wont detect moon and star with it merged

Will my mods not function properly when they are merged i ned to know about the risks and the problems and how to avoid them and be beast and have alot of mods mered down

Ok, here's a simple way to do it.

1. Use Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer or Wyre Bash to move all the mods you want to merge into a queue.

So, move all the mods, say 10 of them, into an order where one follows the other.

2. Load TES5Edit

3. Uncheck all mods and then select the mods you want to merge and wait until they're loaded. If you're missing a master, then you're putting a mod above a master.

4. In the left window pane highlight the mods and right click and "check for errors." If no errors proceed. If errors, either drop the mod from the list or clean with TES5Edit.

5. Highlight the merged mods again and right click and "apply script." make sure you set up a directory where the merged files will be extracted.

6. When it's done check the merged mod for errors. If there were any files then go into that folder and put them in a zip folder and install via Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer. If there were no extra files then load your merged esp.

I wouldn't merge large or script heavy mods together like Moon and Star or Undeath.

Merge those annoying 1kb esps together. You can literally reduce your 255 mod folder into 150 if you organize properly.

@bben46

I agree with everything you said except this:

Then there are quest mods that don't add any new or keeper items - after playing it - remove it

Removing a quest mod mid-game is a great way to mess up your save; I know I've tried it more than once (I'm a slow learner). A better way to do that is make a new save just for that mod, do your playthrough, then get rid of both the mod and the save.