Hello all; back with another request. So it occurred to me the other day, while working on a new character, that I wished there was a better monster hunting mod. Some sort of radiant bounty hunting quest, almost akin to a kill-and-collect quest in a typical MMO; go kill X giants, and bring X of these items they don't usually drop that are going to drop because you're on this task. Complete that; okay, now go find this BIG giant that spawned radiantly at this location because you're on this task, kill him, and bring me his loincloth.

Now, this already seems like the scripting would get overly complex. And it's far too directed for Skyrim anyways; our incurable wanderlust and need for absolute freedom as players wouldn't allow it to succeed anyways. So it's not what I want.

What I WANT, is to be able to kill any old giant, and collect his loin cloth. Maybe kill a few. Or his toe (But those are far too valuable as an alchemy ingredient to be wasting...), or his hand, or SOMETHING...fasten it to a leather harness or an iron chain...and hang the damn thing from my character's belt, in one of the back left or right slots. Like a damn Witcher.

This trophy would confer a fantastic visual effect, as well as some sort of bonus enchantment. That can't be disenchanted, preferably. A giant trophy could give you a boost to 2h damage, and increase your stagger output. A mammoth trophy, fashioned from the iron bound tip of one of their tusks perhaps, could confer a heft stamina boost.

A troll trophy could give sizable boost to health regen.

You kill that bandit chief? You should be able to collect his head, or his ear. And wear the damn thing with pride. It could confer a boost to loot found in chests, or looted off bodies.

A dragon trophy? Fashioned from a claw, scale, tooth? Eye, maybe? The ultimate prize. It could reduce shout times, increase shout magnitude, confer a damage to all fire and/or frost effects, increase your ability to intimidate and persuade people (Dragons have proven in various settings to be both charming, and intimidating...)

My point is, this is something that NEEDS to happen. I was inspired by the Warmonger Armory, and the belt mounted dragon priest masks. It's BRILLIANT. It makes me want to hunt them all down; especially with a mod that changes their effects to be more unique, it creates a purpose for them for characters that would otherwise not use them. I have Ahzidal and Morokei on my 2h spellsword right now, and swap out for Rahgot as I need that extra boost. It adds UTILITY. It's not a huge change to gameplay, just an extra way to gain EXTRA...UTILITY.

Also, I think my Altmer would look pretty badass walking around with a troll's head swinging from a chain on his belt. Somebody, please make this happen.

It just occurred to me; these trophies should need multiples of the ingredient to craft them. And other valuable things. So they're not totally worthless. I'll use a Draugr Trophy (since I skipped it) as an example.

You kill a Draugr Deathlord, the tenth one since you went out dungeon delving today, and find that you have a fine collection of their fingers (Or entire hands, whatever.) You make your way out and back to town, and go to the smithy. To the tanning rack. In that dungeon, you also happened to find a stack of Silver Ingots; so logically, you craft the ingots into a silver chain, and lace those Draugr hands (I decided on entire hands) onto the chain, and hang it from your belt. Or wrap it around your waist. Whatever. It would have to be looped at two points on your belt to not look derpy.

That Deathlord trophy confers a bonus of 25% frost resistance, and a boost of 5% to your overall damage output from all sources. Deathlords are, after all, varied combatants. 10 Deathlords died to make that chain; it should be worth something. Worthy of that slot. UNIQUE. Get me?

Edited by aralias777

They have bounty quests in vanilla. I don't see what would make this too difficult. On another note I kind of feel like enchanting sorta kills the idea of very unique rewards. I think the TES series are more about creating your own experience. That's why unique rewards don't play a huge role.

Dont get me wrong though. Alternative bounties and related rewards do sound cool. I'm working on learning the CK but the will probably release TES VI by the time I get a hang of it lol.