SKSE Member Functions Enchantment Script

Hi everyone. I've been working on an update to Immersive Jewelry that will allow users to switch their rings from right to left hands, and I think I have a pretty effective script to handle this using dual form lists. However, when it comes to allowing users to swap items with player made enchantments as well, I had a couple of questions that I wondered if you could help me with.

First, is the limitation still in place that if an item with a player-made enchantment is equipped by means of a script, that the enchantment won't take effect until the player equips the item by hand? I wondered if there might have been a recent SKSE update that resolved this or anything.

Second, is it possible by means of the SKSE functions such as GetEnchantment/SetEnchantment, GetBaseEnchantment(), MagicEffect GetNthEffectMagicEffect(Int index), Float GetNthEffectMagnitude(Int index), and SetNthEffectMagnitude(Int index) to copy an enchantment exactly from one item (ie, a right handed ring), and apply it with the same exact parameters to another (ie, a called up left handed ring) ? If it is possible, can someone give an example of how this might be accomplished?

Edited by Forteverum