NPC Spouses

Bormotova

The blacked out faces are caused when there is a mismatch between what the esp file is saying about the facegen file and what is in the mesh (.nif) file. Each specific part (head, hair, brow, eyes) has to be named exactly the same between the two or the game throws up a default head that doesn't match. So if one mod overwrites part of another, you'll see the problem. If you open the console and click on the NPC, you'll get a readout in the bottom right corner of the screen that tells you the last esp that modified that record. By moving it's load order you can get the esp and mesh file in alignment and the problem goes away. Assuming the mod isn't faulty, which happens sometimes.

If you generate a ctrl f4 export on a custom npc mod, you will almost surely break that mod. I don't recommend that approach except for vanilla game assets.

@ ElioraArin: Gald you're happy with the mod. :D I'm gonna have to test drive Males of Skyrim for myself when I have the time, hehe.

@ psychoslaphead: Thanks for the head's up. I'll try not to do that then with added npcs.

The readout at the bottom corner of the right screen in console command isn't in the vanilla game so I'm thinking that's a feature of another mod, perhaps MFG Console?

Thanks psychoslaphead, I have occasionally gotten an entirely black face on either my character or with followers added by mods, quitting & reloading has always fixed it. The one I got with the companions overhaul was entirely different, half the face of certain NPCs that shouldn't have even been effected by the mod were like an actual black cut out in the game graphics. If I come across either issue again I'll definitely try your tip.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my gosh, I've downloaded Males of Skyrim & done a bit of testing - & all I want to do is look at Farkas! This mod is GORGEOUS!!

I have also added Bijiin wives into my game & the screenshots do not do it justice, it is EXTREMELY beautiful :D

Edited by ElioraArin