105 Unique Skill Books and Magazines

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

clintmich

clintmich

Faithful Poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,385 posts
Upon further testing it seems the Unique skill magazines add 3 permanent points to skills:) Please leave feedback if you find this is not the case. Thanks

Edited by clintmich, 26 January 2011 - 02:17 AM.

nipwip

nipwip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
Well, it's a bit moot for me either way, even if they gave 20 skill points and a free lap dance, I still wouldn't use them.

I'll collect them and set them up all nice in my characters house -- hi-res magazines make a lot better decoration then low-res snow globes, that's for damn sure.

I did the same thing with the magazines from the FO3 DC interiors mod, too. I'm a little OCD on the gotta catch 'em all thing, I guess.

chaingunfighter

chaingunfighter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
All you'd have to do is find a Book Script or use FOMM for the model, hide it inside the files so people don't have access and use that for books.

PickleJar

PickleJar

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
@Nipwip

Amen to that. Hoarding is fun. :D

@Chaingunfighter

Actually, I think just copying the ingame book script and just reducing the skill points given would work.

PickleJar

PickleJar

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
Alrighty, I'm here with that feedback. They are indeed books and not magazines, so I guess the title of the mod should be changed accordingly. :P

clintmich

clintmich

Faithful Poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,385 posts
lol. I changed the title name, but I'm keeping the Title pic the same:)

PickleJar

PickleJar

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
Alright then, now we just need to figure out how to nerf the amount of points available through books. :P

In addition, the first 'owned' book I found, the Astounding (or something close to that) in the Dino Dee-Light office, was marked red as stealing but didn't subtract any Karma. I chalked it up to the fact that it's set as Jeannie-May's property and stealing from evil people doesn't reduce Karma, but I'm wondering if it's supposed to be that way?

clintmich

clintmich

Faithful Poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,385 posts
Its like any item you find on someones property. So ya, if its in someones house you have to steal it just like anything else.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I've tried this out, loved it. I'll let you know if I find any errors texture or otherwise, right now I'm hunting for the 3 secret books. Happy huntings!

112Benz

112Benz

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
holy sith!

520 mb! downloading this :D

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.984 seconds