Whirlwind Sprint - Vertical Functionality

Balisan

Hello and thank you, Nexus modders!

I've searched the Nexus quite thoroughly and have not come across any mods that modify Whirlwind Sprint to have the specific functionality I had hoped for when I first was introduced to it.

I had hoped to be able to use Whirlwind Sprint not just to move across land or water, but also to move up into the air, to dash directly where I would aim.

I found that, unfortunately, Whirlwind Sprint does not allow for vertical movement of any sort unless a collision forces it; the Dragonborn is, in practice, limited to horizontal movement with Whirlwind Sprint.

I would love to see a mod that altered the functionality of Whirlwind Sprint to allow the player to dash in the direction he is aiming, without the vanilla limitation of either staying grounded or jumping off a cliff.

There are several mods that offer similar functionality with custom spells, but I would like to be able to do this in a more lore-friendly manner.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm this sounds interesting and I wonder if its possible. I'll check it out.

EDIT:

It looks like its a script. I don't generally feel comfortable with modifying the scripts or adding new ones. Was kind of hoping it would have been an adjustable "magic effect".

Edited by Teabone3

This is possible to implement.

One way to do it, and I don't know if there's a better way or not, is to fire an invisible projectile with a limited range. This is done to check for line of sight.

Where-ever the projectile lands, or if it just hits its limited range, teleport the player to that location.

You can find the end location of the projectile by adding an explosion to the projectile, and making said explosion drop an object.

And then use a script to move the player over to said object.

of course, you should make the projectile and object invisible.

Edited by GrimyBunyip