Brynjolf won't go to the Ragged Flagon, instead is at the market.

jooboo899

So during the TG quest, Dampened Spirits, after you talk to Maven, you're told to go to Brynjolf. I, having the Immersive HUD mod installed, went to the Ragged Flagon. No Brynjolf there. I turned on the HUD and followed the marker. He was in the market, all decked out with his Master Thieves Guild armor. He still has the same dialogue and everything, but it's just really weird. He's hanging out in the market, checking out Brand-Shei's stall. I don't know what the problem is, please help.

Two potential console based ways to alleviate this. The first would be to find out at which "stage" he is supposed to load into the specified area, and then use the console "setstage" command for that quest. This is likely to work better.

The other option (if the quest stage is already correct, but he just won't 'go' to the place where his dialogue triggers) is to manually move him there. Go find him, open the console and click on him (with the mouse) so his ID shows in the console. Then go to the specified area and open the console again (even though there was a transition, his ID should still be there). Type "moveto player" and he should appear there.

I'd then walk outside and back in again (quickly, so he doesn't walk out) and try talking to him. Bit crude but might work. Oh, you might want to "disable" and then "enable" him after you move him, and then walk out and in again (and talk to him) before he leaves.

I'd hold out more hope for the setstage method.

Edited by Darkanvas