"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

It's probably something that demands the resources of Pixar, but...

Is it even possible to replace the Khajit and Argonian races with ones that actually have bodies that LOOK like lizard-evolved or cat-evolved ones? Female lizards with boobs just looks wrong somehow, and cats with only two mammaries are certainly odd - most cats have eight IIRC. Plus their leg stricture looks very odd using a basically human animation.

Obviously this would be a massive job, with conversion of meshes and the like to fit, but having recently loaded Morrowind and seen the Khajit/Argonians there, the Oblivion ones look like someone just took a shortcut - at least Morrowind TRIED to make them look like they should be.

(Editied for typos)

Edited by MarkInMKUK

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

It seems that Argonians, at least, are covered pretty well - Drake the Dragon's been busy. a combination of his Argonian Beautification mod and his Scripted Argonian Feet mod, plus a bit of jiggery-pokery with a HGEC AA-cup body and textures, and you get a very much improved Argonian while still keeping the humans and elves looking mamallian

Kudos to Drake the Dragon - now, who is going to pick up JazzJR's Khajiit Beast Foots mod and turn itinto something as useable as Drake's offering?

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Semtex is working on something similar for Khajiit which can be found Here

-Razorpony

That's excellent news! With Drake's mod you can also swap upper body shapes on the females to a different cupsize variant, and assign matching clothing to Argonians only. If Sentex manages the same, that'll be wonderful. <bookmarks link>

They're not quite as effective as the "beasty foots" version someone was workling on, but they ARE much more clothing compatible. Add Growlf''s body resizing mod to give a tiptoe stance as if in heels and it might work even better <ponders>

Edited by MarkInMKUK

i just read this and wanted to note that with permission someone could just adapt the nonyxia cheetah race skeleton structure to the khajiit race could they not? and it has a digitigrade feet toggle ability aswell then someone could add the seamless khajiit textures and texture fix and add hair and eye choices and wola khajiit that looks more like humanoid cat :smile: ps: almost forgot would have to be new race though cus of default race single body type thing Edited by hellchosen

With all due respect to Semtex, since I would utterly fail as a modeler, I don't like the looks of those feet, at least from some angles.

At any rate, I think KitsuneMitsukai has almost exactly what we Khajiit lovers need, save for lack of Khajiit textures designed to go with the body mesh. I don't know if there would be an issue, there. Like I said, I'm not a modeler and don't know the first thing about creating textures to fit over a body mesh.

The one problem I have with the Nonyxia design is the feet. Other than the fact that the legs are not truly digitigrade, but merely human-like plantigrade with the heel forced up off the ground as though the character were wearing high heels, the feet are implemented as armor, which means there's a reduction in magic ability when they're toggled on. The only alternative provided is a purchasable wearable foot. This would be OK (and the solution I'd use) if they could be automatically deployed if shoes/boots are unequipped and automatically put away if you put on shoes/boots. Implementing something like Scripted Argonian Feet (or merely adapting that mod) would help, too.

We're actually much closer to a realistic Khajiit than a lot of people realize. All the pieces and parts are there. Someone with the know-how just needs to put them together, tweak them a bit, and get permission from the original mod authors to release the new, improved Khajiit.

My personal preference would be that the mod support Robert's male and female bodies so we can use the wonderful Khajiit replacement textures by Aliensloff, but the lack of that wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

i prefer hgec myself lol but yea a skilled modder just needs time and permission and we could have a awesome khajiit and yea i know the nonyxia cheetahs dont have true digitigrade but pretty dang close also :edit: i just looked it up and found the seamless texture and its for hgec :laugh: also i would try to help but i am not very skilled and dont have a computer to play oblivion and mod it on :confused: Edited by hellchosen