"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

hey found a mod called VORB - VadersApps Oblivion Real Bodies it says it supports 150 different female body skeletons for stock clothes and armor and 7 male body skeletons for lower class clothes and armor it makes stock clothes and armor fit different skeletons and effects body type when unclothed might be useful for diverse khajiit bodies? like fat khajiit skinny khajiit...etc also far as i know unless you edited each khajiit npc in the cs cant have different textures by region @MarklnMKUK to make diff texture khajiit type races it would be like making a custom race :PS: fyrryt when i used to play oblivion i used smaller bust size on hgec c cup or smaller infact i loved A cup but not many ppl made clothes and armor for A cup back then lol and dang i hope this is made by the time i get my gaming laptop many months from now lol :PPS: sorry if my post looks like a wall of text :laugh: Edited by hellchosen

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellchosen - thanks for the input.

Changing each khajjit to have a different texture would, indeed, require some work - but if we don't speculate we don't ever find out how to do "the impossible". TNR did texture mods to all basic NPCs facially, so the amount of work isn't impossible, just tedious, and as long as we can assign a custom/specific texture to each NPC it can be done.

The trick with varying skeletons is also done by one of Reneer's mods, and does indeed vary body shapes a lot. I'm hoping that, if we decide that Khajiit and/or Argonians need a modified skeleton we can use that technique to apply it. It sounds like the ideal way to apply a change in lower leg size ratio/angle to me, but I'm no expert.

There's now a complete stock clothing replacer for A-cup HGEC body, or there's the Biu Adventuresses Body which is a slim B-cup or so body. I personally run the game with "curvy" human females, and AA-cup Argonians since I discovered Drake's Argonian Beautification project, of which this thread is a potential expansion.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

cant wait to play oblivion again lol and btw TNR doesnt edit textures from what i know it edits the facegen file belonging to every npc in the game and if someone knows how i was thinking some work with vorbs and multiple meshes could get desired skeleton structure and body type and the multiple meshes mod allows multiple meshes by race not as a default and vorbs makes clothing fit the skeleton but each custom armor mod would have to be manually converted to be compatible with vorbs to have it fit the skeleton oh and with a special animation mod we could atleast have the pc use proper walking animations as a khajiit or argonian but would have to be turned on and off as a seperate .esp not together with the rest of the mod and if we get a mesh guy he can prob adapt alien slofs better beasts mod and claws to different bodys aswell again sorry if my post is a wall of text :laugh: :ps: also sorry if i rabble or repeat things :biggrin: :pps: i also like curvy girls but not with a petite frame just looks wrong when they are all tiny looking but have a huge cup size as i mentioned already i like c cup aswell and d cup is furthest i will go and mostly for the good custom armor <_< and also that a cup replacer is only for cloths atm -_- Edited by hellchosen

Hi hellchosen,

There's this funny thing that every language I'm aware of does called "punctuation" - please use it? That mass of text is neartly unintellegible!

TNR adjusts the facegen settings, yes. There's a NPC Texture Unlocker to do the other part, allowing unique facial textures for each npc and, I suspect, body textures too.

The mesh trackes the skeleton underneath, so if we change leg bone proportions the armor will follow. Reneer's varied npc mod does that enough to see the effect. All the script has to do is point all Argonians to use the Argonian skeleton, and all Khajiit to use their one.

The animations should be capable of being applied based on race, so that's not a problem once we HAVE the animation files.

The A-cup replacer exists for both Stock clothes and for Stock arnor - I know, I'm using it :)

yes i realize i suck with punctuation but quite honestly i dont know how to break stuff into paragraphs on this dang reply system <_< and yes those feet look good

Try a full stop, and hitting Enter to get a new line - works for me :)

ok ty havent used any reply system on forums in a couple years

and also no new mods that might work for this khajiit overhaul on the nexus since i last checked a couple days ago and thats it i guess lol

i could not even find any mods to work for this by google not even japanese mods o_O

Edited by hellchosen

Don't fret about the lack of new mods. We've got a fairly good set of starting resources - it's now down to me (and anyone else who wants to tinker) to try them out, and see what we can and can't do.

Once that is done, we'll have a clearer idea of what we can achieve, and how to get there. I'm fully aware we'll need someone who can play with meshes to get feet to fit seamlessly, but at this stage getting Khajiit feet to auto-equip happily, and to handle all the same things Drake's Argonian feet will, its my target. Then we can smooth off the rough edges a bit.

Of course, Skyrim may be out by then and have perfectly working Khajiit and Argonian bodies with proper feet - but somehow I doubt it.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Heads up - New Upload - Khajiit Replacer 4GVN - no idea what it's like yet as it only JUST got posted by the uploader

Edit: Scratch that - it's pretty much a "dark elf to replace Khajiit bodies" mod from the look of the screenies, certainly no help for our current hind feet problem

Edited by MarkInMKUK