Mesh not appearing in CK, Working in Nifskope

Akarsil

I've recently taken my first step into making a small, very simple model for one of my own mods. But after hours and hours of going through other posts and tutorials on how to export meshes into Skyrim, I simply can't get this one to work. I know this topic have been around a lot of times before. And I do apologise. :facepalm:
- The model appears perfectly fine in Nifskope, as it's supposed to.
- The mesh is invisible in Creation Kit when trying to load it into an Armor Addon or preview it there.
I've followed multiple tutorials on readying a mesh in 3Ds Max, I use the 2012 version. There I used the data from an already existing and working mesh from the case, to get the correct data transferred onto the mesh. I have gone through the shaders in Nifskope and the data of my own mesh is pretty much identical to the template mesh I used, except for the amount of Verts and triangles and so forth. :psyduck:

I was hoping someone with experience in working with meshes for skyrim or anyone with knowledge of the subject to maybe look through the mesh I've made in Nifskope and help me by troubleshooting, maybe even potentially helping me with the fix. :pinch: I would be very grateful. Posted a link below to the archive containing the mesh.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulvfztfjk3ez0dp/BrokenHorns.rar?dl=0

Your welcome

You might want to make your texture paths not a hard coded path.

In other words use the relative path instead:

You have:

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\textures\actors\character\akarsil\armor\new horns\horns.dds

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\textures\actors\character\akarsil\armor\new horns\horns.dds

Maybe use:

textures\actors\character\akarsil\armor\new horns\horns.dds

textures\actors\character\akarsil\armor\new horns\horns_n.dds

Will save grief if you don't have the game installed in that location.

• 2 years later...