Coatless Ranger Armor?

SwitchbackDesigns

Hey. New user.

I was looking around on the Nexus and noticed there is no coatless Ranger Combat armor.

I'd love to see coatless Riot, Dessert, and NCR combat gear.

I have never modded anything so I tried to see if I could do it. After a bit of research and loading up the file in Nifskope, I noticed that the "upper torso" section of the mesh for the armors are actually connected to the coat. Is there maybe a work-round and advice I could get or someone with enough patience and talent to do this?

Thanks.

I have never modded anything so I tried to see if I could do it. After a bit of research and loading up the file in Nifskope, I noticed that the "upper torso" section of the mesh for the armors are actually connected to the coat. Is there maybe a work-round and advice I could get or someone with enough patience and talent to do this?

As Flaenx01 points out, Geonox's resources are awesome, giving you a ton of option including new armor pieces. As far as editing the existing vanilla model, it's pretty easy to remove the duster in blender, but there are missing portions of the mesh/model for the figures back and the butt on the jeans texture was darkened to simulate shadow. I know for a fact that Geonox's assets take care of the missing mesh by having a full breastplate/plackart. I'm not sure about the jeans, although there are some good textures that could be substituted.

Anyway if your not comfortable with working out the details, Geonox's assets have an open permission and I can probably put something together for you if his mod doesn't have exactly what your looking for.

Oh, almost forgot I'v done a few ranger armors without the dusters (using various other jackets), they're probably around somewhere on my hard drive. Here is a pic as an example;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/LeatherJacketArmor_zpsaaab8190.jpg

But I don't know if your interested in having a replacement coat or are more interested in a bare breastplate/armored vest type setup.

Thank you flamenx for the link but I thought it would look different. Hm...

Thank you for the suggestion devin, but I was looking for coatless all-together. Truth be told I wouldn't know where to start. Let me see a few vanilla meshes and maybe I could give you a better idea?

Also would you really be willing to make the mod? I'm new to this whole thing so I don't want to expect anything from anyone.

Let me see a few vanilla meshes and maybe I could give you a better idea?

Sounds good. Clarifying your request will be to everyone's advantage and more likely to produce the result your looking for.

Also would you really be willing to make the mod? I'm new to this whole thing so I don't want to expect anything from anyone.

It's hard to say, as I'm a bit short on time and working on some other projects so I can't make any promises, but I'v probably filled well over a hundred requests. But even if I can't personally take care of this request your still laying the groundwork that another modder will need.