Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul 136

• Please log in to reply
1773 replies to this topic

leeus

leeus

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 354 posts
In response to post #30862990. #32715365, #33516310, #33518760, #33549080 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Yeah, it seems ok... that's the correct procedure. So, what happened, is Cobl still nagging you?

Question: when you opened Oscuro's ESM, you did set it as "Active File" right?

Another question: Did you close the Quest Editor Window by pressing OK prior to selecting Save? CS it's weird, wouldn't surprise me if it didn't saved the content of an active edition window until it's accepted.

Also, you'd need to rebuild you bashed patch after editing OOO.

If you're in doubt, you can always load your whole load order in TES4Edit and check if any other module is messing with that quest result script.

Good luck!

leeus

leeus

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 354 posts
In response to post #33427145.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's correct. Download the BSA and the FULL and install them both.

As for your question on compatibility:

* Deadly Reflex is compatible, but IIRC is not very stable... make sure you are ready for some crashes and weirdness. Remember you'll need to install NIFSE and OBSE for that one, too.
* HUD Status Bars is 100% compatible, just make sure to grab the new enhanced/updated edition by forli. You'll need both the original and the new one.
* DropLitTorches: Yeah, that's compatible... just make sure to read the readme to be sure how to use it with Oscuro, or if there's any special procedure needed to avoid incompatibility with OOO's integrated Drop Torches mechanism.
* 1st Person Legs, I never used it and never had installed it, but I see no reason to think it could be incompatible. AFAIK, OOO doesn't include any animation files, that could be incompatible with that one. You may have problems with OOO sets that have hide rings enabled, though.
* Immersive Weapons, should be compatible, as long as you load before OOO as BOSS puts it.

Instead of 1st Person Legs I'd suggest to use Oblivion Reloaded that has a full body in first person and doesn't need any trickery to work. But, it may have issues with Deadly Reflex, that I don't know of.

Good luck with your mod rampage :)

Edited by leeus, 20 January 2016 - 06:19 PM.

Stemajzl

Stemajzl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
In response to post #30862990. #32715365, #33516310, #33518760, #33549080, #33552795 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Yes, I still get the pop up after loading save saying that ooo version is prior to v1.34 bla bla...

Yup, Active File.

Saved after pressing OK. Also tried saving before pressing OK and that did not work.

Yup, rebuilt patch too (probably over 20 times today with all different combinations XD )

Funny thing is when I look that quest script with tes4edit it says version 37 but when loading save I get pop up.

I also tried to edit script of "Cobl Tweaks - OOO.esp" to recognize version 1 of OOO.esm but still nothing. Tried both "Cobl Tweaks - OOO.esp" and "Cobl Tweaks - OOO Mergeable.esp"

Think I'l continue without that tweak esp, it's only alchemy stuff and I don't do alchemy much.

Edit: Also looking at the "Cobl Tweaks - OOO Mergeable.esp" it should work if I just remove the version checker Quest and it's corresponding script...(?)

Edited by Stemajzl, 20 January 2016 - 09:17 PM.

leeus

leeus

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 354 posts
In response to post #30862990. #32715365, #33516310, #33518760, #33549080, #33552795, #33559870 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Strange :( Honestly, I don't remember if I had to do anything else to make it work :(

One thing that might be required is to call the SetStage OOOVersionControl 0 by hand at least once on the console. Or it might be that some condition that triggers the check and later latches it to not run again have to be reset by doing something on the console.

I did this fix like 3 months ago, and I don't remember much :( Hell, I don't remember much of what I did last week either :P

quietraccoon

quietraccoon

Enthusiast

• Account closed
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
In response to post #30862990. #32715365, #33516310, #33518760, #33549080, #33552795, #33559870, #33562995 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I made a post in the official Cobl thread on Bethsoft about how I got rid of the popup by creating a patch for "Cobl Tweaks - OOO Mergeable.esp".

http://forums.bethso...4#entry24880608

Btw, regarding Platinum Coins, it appears that the tweaks ESP removes the issue of crashing from selling Platinum Coins (for me at least). Has anyone that (successfully) used the tweaks ESP encountered crashing with Ayleid Coins?

The tweaks ESP replaces the Platinum Coin records with Cobl's own "Ayleid Coin". I haven't had any crashing from selling Ayleid Coins. However, it should be mentioned I hadn't encountered any Platinum Coins before I started using the tweaks ESP.

Edited by quietraccoon, 20 January 2016 - 11:59 PM.

Stemajzl

Stemajzl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
In response to post #30862990. #32715365, #33516310, #33518760, #33549080, #33552795, #33559870, #33562995, #33566870 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Deleting scripts didn't work but quietracoon's method did! Thanks both of you, I now got new tool to play with :) (Construction Kit)

@ leeus I know that feeling when you modify TES and stop playing game for a while, then when you come back 3 months later and want to update mods it's pain in the ass because you don't know what exactly you did 3 months ago :/

@quetracoon I started this character with old version of cobl (172 from 2009) so I had Ayleid Coins right from the start of the game and all worked well (selling them and everything). I knew that my deleting quest scripts didn't work because I was getting Platinum Coins and not Ayleids.

Edited by Stemajzl, 21 January 2016 - 09:42 AM.

Razi31

Razi31

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Just wondering if this has a Uncapper packaged with it or is it vanilla leveling if not.

Elys uncapper still the standard?

Edited by Razi31, 22 January 2016 - 01:03 AM.

AndyScull

AndyScull

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Hello,

does anyone know for sure if OOO has built-in retroactive endurance or not? Did not find any reliable information on the net or in wiki/readme.

I got myself a 'glass cannon' mage after leveling to 45 so I am currently thinking about raising endurance and getting one of those retroactive end mods. Just need to make sure OOO wouldn't conflict with it

Edited by andy_scull, 24 January 2016 - 09:19 AM.

rockbiter68

rockbiter68

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hello WalkerInShadows,

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I had a problem with the Ayleid scimitar that is included with this mod. I had a strange mesh issue that I thought you might want to know about
(see here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/images/160667/?
and here:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3729270-ayleid-meteoric-sword-from-ooo-disappears-when-outside/).

If you don't want to read all of that, in short, the mesh for the Ayleid scimitar disappeared when I was in an exterior, but would always show up when in an interior. I fixed the issue myself by downloading the revamped meshes from the original mod and pasting it over the scimitar mesh.

Just thought you should know in case others were having this issue/haven't uncovered it. If not, maybe is was something unique to my setup, and this can be safely ignored.

tolis1307

tolis1307

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
HI . i have installed OOO with the download manager and started a new game and there are textures missing everywhere. I get a big yellow explanation mark with the message "WTF there are textures missing" and the blades captain ((whose armor is altered by OOO) is just a floating head . deactivating the OOO esp and esm files stops this issue so it must be something related to OOO. does anyone have a solution for this ?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.131 seconds