Fallout 4 mods will be on Xbox One, thoughts ?

NILLOC916

I think that is the best news ever.

I am very much looking forward to designing mods for Xbox.

Obviously it isn't going to be the same as PC modding, where there are thousands of different mods of all shapes and forms. Console modding will be much less broad and varied. They aren't going to be able to have mods like 'Master Chief Armor' or 'Blah Blah Blah Sword from Diablo' or anything else that is copyrighted to another company. You won't be able to have full game HD texture replacements or anything that adds very taxing complex weather or scripts.

It is more going to be a free marketplace to download 'New Shiny Armor X' made by 'Some Modder Guy' and be able to use it. Maybe some companions and quests will be available too, or custom player homes. Weapons are also a good possibility.

But other than that, the overhaul mods are just a PC thing and will always be that way.

But it is silly to hate on consoles for getting to download a select number of armors and guns and companions with quests that modders have been working hard on. It is a great opportunity for us modders to get our stuff out there a little bit more, tens of thousands of more people who may want to wear my armors or download my companions and bring them along. That makes me a very happy robot.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Why do you care so much if it's on other consoles? It is a great thing because more people will see mods you or others make. Which is good. And also it wouldn't crash as you all think. If you don't try 100 thousand different thing's it should be fine. If not make new save do as you feel on one then do another. Limit yourself.

And people already do mod on the console's aka jtag or rgh. And there stuff runs fine. So why couldn't a new xbox one or ps4 console? Run ok with them?

How it runs depends on what mods are installed, both consoles are already struggling to hold 30 frames per second, what's going to happen if a mod adds a bunch of NPCs or some hi-poly meshes? On the PC we know that the more you shove in there the worse the performance tends to get, it's OK on the PC though because many of us have power to spare, consoles do not.

I don't think Sony nor Microsoft can allow for user generated content on their devices of this nature. Considering the nudity and unlicensed material that sometimes seems to sweep mods.

I guess they will staff to moderate what goes up lol

In the FO4 EULA under the heading for 'THE SOFTWARE UTILITIES, IF ANY.'

(f) Customized Game Materials cannot contain libelous, defamatory or other illegal material, material that is scandalous or invades the rights of privacy or publicity of any third party, or contain any trademarks, copyright-protected work or other property of third parties (without a valid license); and

Scandalous. According to Webster 'scandalous' is anything that is shocking or offensive, or offensive to propriety or morality. Legally 'scandalous' is defined as immoral or indecent.

I think (f) was included to satisfy Microsoft and Sony, but by the verbiage it is a Bethesda prohibition against 'adult' mods in general. There isn't anything they can do about mesh and texture replacers for nude mods (not protected by the license), but they can certainly address adult or sexualized content made with their FO4 GECK/CK. By the way the license is written, making a 'sex' mod that uses an esp or esm violates the software license.

There is no way of knowing how Bethesda will react once it starts happening since we all know it will eventually. I don't see how they can pursue action against individual modders uploading pound-the-pud mods to sites like Nexus. The safe assumption is they would have their legal team contact Dark0ne and insist the mod be removed. There is really no way of knowing until it starts happening. If people are taking the license as seriously as they claim to be when it comes to paid modding and "Customized Game Materials must be distributed solely for free" then they should be taking all prospects of the license seriously. Section (f) is there for a reason and the word scandalous is used outside of the legal context for an individual's protection against defamation/slander.

:confused:

Edited by WursWaldo

Bethesda has made it clear that no adult content will be allowed on consoles, I doubt the same applies to the Nexus, there's already a naked body mod up for FO4 and Bethesda haven't done anything about it.

Nude mods don't have anything to do with it since Bethesda-owned software wasn't used to create it. "There isn't anything they can do about mesh and texture replacers for nude mods" is what I said. And the EULA doesn't specify console or PC versions of the game. It is one size fits all. Regardless, time will tell since Section (f) is part of the license and it says what it says.

I am aware of what Todd Howard and Pete Hines say because I am following them on media. What is concerning is what they are not saying about modding the game. I believe how they define modding is what they can get uploaded to Bethesda.net and into consoles. I doubt they care about anything else. Todd Howard doesn't care about them using 10 year old engine and then lying about FO4 being "The next generation in open world gaming". Pete Hines on Twitter admitted he doesn't care about the writing. Getting mods for consoles is what matters.