Fallout 4 mods will be on Xbox One, thoughts ?

NILLOC916

/*rant

PC Gamers are already suffering from the console-crazy crowd.

If it will be possible for them to install "our" mods, it will just get worse.

I mean, why is it games are always in favour in consoles, but not in favour of PC gamers? It's crazy! How many games had promised a shiny new era of graphics, and, uhm, Bethesda aside, that promise wasn't met? (I am happy Bethesda is able to make decent faces nowadays, maybe they'll be able to express more emotional states some day :laugh:)

rant*\

I am pretty sure that either GECK for FO4 will show this, or there will be guidelines that heavily cut into the quality of mods.

Edited by sherameyn

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can take comfort in knowing that not one PC mod will be created on the console. A few years from now when the PC hardware outstrips the current system resource demands of Fallout 4, new mods will be emerging that the aged consoles will not possibly be able to support.

I am pretty sure that either GECK for FO4 will show this, or there will be guidelines that heavily cut into the quality of mods.

Yes, the Microsoft Remnant Team from Redmond Vault -1000 was able to open a time portal with the warning, "Never let the Windows based PC get too powerful. Make them use the console and you will receive a lucrative year-end bonus and the knowledge that you sacrificed yourself for the good of the current agreement".

I blame consoles for this patch that broke all mods. I'm glad NMM got around it. Its like if consoles can't yet, PCs can't too. Also, let's not forget about the attempt to sell mods on workshop some months ago. They will probably try it on consoles.

I blame consoles for this patch that broke all mods. I'm glad NMM got around it. Its like if consoles can't yet, PCs can't too. Also, let's not forget about the attempt to sell mods on workshop some months ago. They will probably try it on consoles.

What???

It is because Beth turned off the mods in the beta so they could get legit, vanilla game feedback. They pushed the patch through with the same setup...accident or purposeful who knows. Nothing to do with consoles.

What???

It is because Beth turned off the mods in the beta so they could get legit, vanilla game feedback. They pushed the patch through with the same setup...accident or purposeful who knows. Nothing to do with consoles.

Zenimax/Bethesda knowingly and intentionally sabotaged a modded game install that didn't violate any end user licenses for their software. They did it because they could and they modified licensed software users already had installed without prior notice. Licensed software isn't at the whim of Licencors if there is a license. Licensed software isn't a Nexus discussion board TOS where 'what I say when I say it and STFU if you don't like it' is an option.

Not only did they violate their own licensed agreement (voiding the license as they have it defined) but the end user's legally and binding obligation as well. In the real world in a business environment Zenimax/Bethesda would be sued and lose; or have to settle. If Pitney Bowes decided on a whim that your office printer UCC was void would you be okay with that? Yet you're okay with a blatant Bethesda license violation and are willing to go as far as to chide people who aren't. Jolly good for you. :dry:

• 5 months later...

i don't believe that modding in consoles is truly unleashing the capabilities of modding as , many good modders stick to pc to unleash their capabilities as pc is a platform with no hardware limitations and size restrictions , while consoles cant even handle the main game itself with frames dropping to 15 ,we all can expect "how well" consoles can handle mods ,and many modders only mod for certain sites only , like some for nexus and some for steam and only rarely for both , then how can you expect modders to publish on bethesda.net a platform which their are not aware of. unless the restrictions for space increases from 2 GB to some 6-10 GB ,if possible and third party sites like nexus are allowed to display their platform in consoles, mods on consoles will be a mere patches , cheats , design mods with small limitations.

I play on xbox and pc I don't condone people uploading mod's that are not there's but lets face it pc Elitist don't want consoles to have mod's cause they cant throw it in there face that they don't have them and pc player's do.If so lets not pretend the modders were ever really going to give them any real good mods and I had the cbbe mod on xbox before got pulled worked fine