Fallout 4 Mods you'd like to see

charwo

Fallout 4 Mods you want to see  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which if any of the following mods sounds like soemthing you'd like?

• Family Survival Pack
    • Cogsworth Companion & Upgrade
    • No Place Like Home Resotration Kit
    • Real Animals I (real animals not at the expense of mutated critters)
    • Real Animals II (real animals partly replacing mutants [real cows instead of Brahmin])
    • Real Animals III (real animals that could live in the Boston Area that don't now but could with SCIENCE!)
    • NVB sequel where Doc Friday and 111 survivor were long distance friends pre-war and kick ass together again
    • USA Restoration mod
    • Before the Leaves Fall (pre-war autmn flora as Green Mod)
    • Claasic Car (Restore a pre-war Car to Pre-war awesomeness either as actual ride or fast travel like Fallout 2)

Now that we've got a taste of what Fallout 4 will be from E3:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/14/8780111/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition-e3-2015

I'm already thinking of mods. Partially because I refuse to play in a desert on the East Coast and partially because as excited as I am, I'm still one of those Fallout purists who HATED Fallout 3 vanilla and fear a repeat.

So these 10 of the following mods I think could be really awesome and I want to see if others agree. As Nexus made me submit the questionnaire before writing this, these may be out of order:

1. Family Survival Pack
Your family survives with you, with your spouse as a follower. And then a papoose you can wear with the baby on your shoulder, maybe with a black comedy +2 agility because you don't want you baby to get shot right after 200 years of suspended animation.

2. Cogsworth Companion and Upgrade
I STRONGLY suspect Cogsworth isn't long for this world after the demo conversation. That's why you have a dog instead. But screw that noise! In this you can repair him and update his plating so you a hilarious robo-butler that is armed and armored like a Mister Gusty

3. No Place Like Home Restoration Pack
Your old home is still standing, why not fix it up and have the spiffyist digs in all the Commonwealth. Assets already exist, you just need some fetch quests and repair challenges to justify putting the assets back.

4. Real Animals I
Real Animals would have animals that live in the Boston area be intermingled the mutants. Preferably with wild cows and Brahmin side by side. Bug size would be significantly reduced but still hit like a freight train (this also makes fighting them MUCH harder)

5. Real Animals II
No mutant animals except what are clearly pre-war bioengineering (mole rats, Deathclaws) giant bugs are replaced with other animals or their natural equivlents (all Brahmin replaced with cattle all Yao Gui replaced with Bears all rats look realistic and slightly downsized but not much, all dogs look mangy but healthy)

6. Real Animals III
Animals that don't exist now in the Boston Area either through zoo escapes or de-extinction (see http://longnow.org/revive/candidates/) in the pre-war era. Im' thinking specifically, passenger pigeons, dire wolves, real wolves, brush wolves (Coyote/wolf hybrids) Bactrian Camels, wild horses, Aurochs (giant cow ancestors) the ever popular Wooly Mammoth and of course giraffes for the Last of Us references. This would be like the Animalia mod for Skyrim

7. USA Resotration
An option to retake the Commonwealth for American resotorationsists, either a new faction, a modified existing faction like the Railroad the Boston version of the Regulators or a less dickish splinter group of the Enclave, sorta like 'For the Enclave!'

8. Before the Leave Fall
Simple and possibly super effective Green mod before others come in and build more comprehensive ones. Instead of the Dead World look of vanilla, you have it set in the Fall and just swap assets as needed, like trees or make it bigger and more unruly, like the grass. I realize Vurt will probably make something better but I want a Green mod from day one. I won't buy Fallout 4 until there's a decent Green world mod, I hate the burned out earth trope that much. And considerably more, but I risk becoming the second coming of Lewis Black if I go on. So I won't. But I could.

9. Pre-war Car
I'm sick of this post-apocalyptic aesthetic on things that don't have to be that way. If you got the caps, you should be able to not only get a working car, but restore it to pre-war glory. And it's justified by playing a pre-war character.

10. NVB Boston Sequel
If you haven't played the Someguy Series, vote here then download all of Someguy's Series mods. They are awesome, even if I want to tell Russel to fornicate himself for not supporting NCR. Now, here's the basic set up: your character, or maybe, MAYBE your spouse was friends with Doc Friday back in the day. Maybe he studied orthodontics at Harvard or something. Point is, you meet up with an old friend, then bring hard justice to the scum of New England for fun and profit, and well, For Great Justice.

Not mentioned:
Pre-war NV weapons because when Classic Fallout Weapons is updated, they'll be in there.

Technicals from Borderlands 2 (too much to hope for off the bat)

Fallout 4 Robco Certified (This had come anyway, damnit!)

T-51b partial replacer for T-45b (I like the lore of the T-45d, but there should be a smattering of T-51bs around)

Vehcicles (If Skyrim has a horse, then Fallout needs a car, I'm tired of Borderlands occasionally getting Fallout better than Fallout.)

Gecko climbing mod:
Seriously, read this:
http://www.livescience.com/48845-gecko-inspired-tech-climbing-walls.html
Fallout NEEDS to have this. It needs to be retconed into Lore.

What do you think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Forever Free - our milestone

2. Terminal Input - type a word to command your shelter

3. Skill Points - bring back the old rules

4. Dog Armor - Dogmeat will be Canned Dogmeat

5. Pipboy Hardware/Software Modkits - solar energy that recharge energy cells, add a fan to prevent overheat, submarine sonar, breath fire, wireless server, toaster, skynet

Edited by dufake

As long as someone makes a Pipboy Readius, I'm happy, I wouldn't stand that big metal thing on my arm for one second after 8 years of playing Fallout 3 with the handheld readius....

Edited by Billy1969

Now that we've got a taste of what Fallout 4 will be from E3:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/14/8780111/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition-e3-2015

I'm already thinking of mods. Partially because I refuse to play in a desert on the East Coast and partially because as excited as I am, I'm still one of those Fallout purists who HATED Fallout 3 vanilla and fear a repeat.

So these 10 of the following mods I think could be really awesome and I want to see if others agree. As Nexus made me submit the questionnaire before writing this, these may be out of order:

1. Family Survival Pack

Your family survives with you, with your spouse as a follower. And then a papoose you can wear with the baby on your shoulder, maybe with a black comedy +2 agility because you don't want you baby to get shot right after 200 years of suspended animation.

2. Cogsworth Companion and Upgrade

I STRONGLY suspect Cogsworth isn't long for this world after the demo conversation. That's why you have a dog instead. But screw that noise! In this you can repair him and update his plating so you a hilarious robo-butler that is armed and armored like a Mister Gusty

3. No Place Like Home Restoration Pack

Your old home is still standing, why not fix it up and have the spiffyist digs in all the Commonwealth. Assets already exist, you just need some fetch quests and repair challenges to justify putting the assets back.

4. Real Animals I

Real Animals would have animals that live in the Boston area be intermingled the mutants. Preferably with wild cows and Brahmin side by side. Bug size would be significantly reduced but still hit like a freight train (this also makes fighting them MUCH harder)

5. Real Animals II

No mutant animals except what are clearly pre-war bioengineering (mole rats, Deathclaws) giant bugs are replaced with other animals or their natural equivlents (all Brahmin replaced with cattle all Yao Gui replaced with Bears all rats look realistic and slightly downsized but not much, all dogs look mangy but healthy)

6. Real Animals III

Animals that don't exist now in the Boston Area either through zoo escapes or de-extinction (see http://longnow.org/revive/candidates/) in the pre-war era. Im' thinking specifically, passenger pigeons, dire wolves, real wolves, brush wolves (Coyote/wolf hybrids) Bactrian Camels, wild horses, Aurochs (giant cow ancestors) the ever popular Wooly Mammoth and of course giraffes for the Last of Us references. This would be like the Animalia mod for Skyrim

7. USA Resotration

An option to retake the Commonwealth for American resotorationsists, either a new faction, a modified existing faction like the Railroad the Boston version of the Regulators or a less dickish splinter group of the Enclave, sorta like 'For the Enclave!'

8. Before the Leave Fall

Simple and possibly super effective Green mod before others come in and build more comprehensive ones. Instead of the Dead World look of vanilla, you have it set in the Fall and just swap assets as needed, like trees or make it bigger and more unruly, like the grass. I realize Vurt will probably make something better but I want a Green mod from day one. I won't buy Fallout 4 until there's a decent Green world mod, I hate the burned out earth trope that much. And considerably more, but I risk becoming the second coming of Lewis Black if I go on. So I won't. But I could.

9. Pre-war Car

I'm sick of this post-apocalyptic aesthetic on things that don't have to be that way. If you got the caps, you should be able to not only get a working car, but restore it to pre-war glory. And it's justified by playing a pre-war character.

10. NVB Boston Sequel

If you haven't played the Someguy Series, vote here then download all of Someguy's Series mods. They are awesome, even if I want to tell Russel to fornicate himself for not supporting NCR. Now, here's the basic set up: your character, or maybe, MAYBE your spouse was friends with Doc Friday back in the day. Maybe he studied orthodontics at Harvard or something. Point is, you meet up with an old friend, then bring hard justice to the scum of New England for fun and profit, and well, For Great Justice.

Not mentioned:

Pre-war NV weapons because when Classic Fallout Weapons is updated, they'll be in there.

Technicals from Borderlands 2 (too much to hope for off the bat)

Fallout 4 Robco Certified (This had come anyway, damnit!)

T-51b partial replacer for T-45b (I like the lore of the T-45d, but there should be a smattering of T-51bs around)

Vehcicles (If Skyrim has a horse, then Fallout needs a car, I'm tired of Borderlands occasionally getting Fallout better than Fallout.)

Gecko climbing mod:

Seriously, read this:

http://www.livescience.com/48845-gecko-inspired-tech-climbing-walls.html

Fallout NEEDS to have this. It needs to be retconed into Lore.

What do you think?

1. We have no idea if there is a story involved with the character's family, maybe they are alive after all or something, we really don't know. Can't really plan a mod around a plot we have no idea of.

2. Purely speculation on your part.

3. This is very possibly part of the vanilla game, as you can upgrade settlements and such.

4, 5, and 6. Replacing the animals that made Fallout what it is, is not a good idea. A mod with more animals would always be cool, but not replacing what is already there, and not animals that are just non-mutated versions of the existing mutant creatures. No need for cows, but having mutated sheep or squirrels, or cats would be nice.

7. That could already be a plot point in the vanilla game.

8. Don't be childish.

9. Sure, why not?

10. Never heard of it.

Billy, would it make you feel better with the normal Pipboys if you could smack people with them, or it could make a retro-future version of an omniblade to shank the f*#@ out of raiders?

And Dufake, I so badly want the Canned Dogmeat mod as long as it changes the dog's name to that.

Any roleplayers out there that would like a hardcore alternative system where survival needs could be taken care of in caps? To represent cost of living in the post-nuclear economy? Maybe an item that replenishes any fatigue, hunger or thirst at the in game cost of renting a bed, eating good food and the price of distilled water? It would be great simply for simplifying inventory management.

I voted for these possiblities and why:

> Cogsworth Companion

While I love the dog companion already (I ahve a soft spot for dogs), to actually have a robotic butler that doesn't insult me midsentence (like Wadsworth in Megaton) and to have a personal history with it just adds into the companion factor of having someone who has my back rather then a blind souless npc or creature who is only in it for th caps and/or brahmin steak.

> Home Restoration

I would like the option to rebuild my home, although with the Real Time Settler crafting implemented it seems that might be possiable out of the box. As a pre-war human, the vault isn't my home, but rather the hoe I bought and "crafted" in the good ol' USA.

> Real Animals 3

While I doubt any animal tha survived the blast would come through unscathed/ un mutated ins someway...if we were frozen what about a stash of frozen seeds or frozen animal DNA? It could be a possablity out of the box as well.

> NVB Sequel

While it seems the story will be complete in NVB 3, It could be interesting if a certain ghoul gunslinger was a fellow alumni with our protagonist...although this would only appeal to those who enjoy New Vegas Bounties and Someguy's other mods.

> Classic Car

While I have used the motorcycle and a car mod in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, it was clear that the engine wasn't designed for it, but with this new(er) engine it could be possialbe. Does anybody have any gas? oh wait..Flamer fuel!

Question for people who follow FO4 more closely than I do -

Do we know if the T-45d is the only armour in the game? Or are there multiple power armours in the game?

In the E3 showcase you could customize your power armor, both in stats/buffs as well as apperance so Im' assuming that various power armor types will be avalible.

at a glance it looks like T51-b, T45-d, a new T60, various enclave stlye (both new and classic) and a few other variants.

Number 9. would be a bit redundant since you already have a Virtibird transport available to you in the game. I think that maybe the Commonwealth might have experimented with making more than life like humans. Perhaps a Commonwealth scientist grew up seeing Giddyup Buttercup posters all over the place and decided to create a life like synth/android horse ( Equus Unit 01 A.K.A. Buttercup ) as a mode of transportation. I'd also like to see the Brahmin Carts from Fallout 2 made for Fallout 4 because I think they looked cool. http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/Morgwynn/BrahminCart_zpsqpzgvk5u.png

I voted for these possiblities and why:

> Real Animals 3

While I doubt any animal tha survived the blast would come through unscathed/ un mutated ins someway...if we were frozen what about a stash of frozen seeds or frozen animal DNA? It could be a possablity out of the box as well.

My Fallout 4 mod is actually centered around a vault in the Midwest having genetically pure pigs in it as a result of a little girl not wanting to leave her 'pets' at home and sneaking them in with her before the bombs. Vaultech had filled the vault with a bunch of farmers who knew nothing about technology, as one of their evil tests, expecting them all to die quickly because nobody could run the vault computers or fix faulty systems and mechanics.

So as a result, the character in my mod has various types of pre and post war vegetables as well as pre war pigs and other useful post war animals.

His goal is to spread food and prosperity across the Wasteland so that humans will stop killing each other out of hunger and survival, and maybe once again begin to thrive. Kindof like a modern day Johnny Appleseed. He also thinks that everyone deserves the chance to actually taste pre-war bacon, something people haven't had in a long, long time.

If I can get animations to import into the GECK, I want to create a mutated sheep called a Centisheep, that is a 20 foot long sheep that has 7 sets of legs and lots of wool.