Fallout 4 Mods you'd like to see

charwo

Fallout 4 Mods you want to see  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which if any of the following mods sounds like soemthing you'd like?

• Family Survival Pack
    • Cogsworth Companion & Upgrade
    • No Place Like Home Resotration Kit
    • Real Animals I (real animals not at the expense of mutated critters)
    • Real Animals II (real animals partly replacing mutants [real cows instead of Brahmin])
    • Real Animals III (real animals that could live in the Boston Area that don't now but could with SCIENCE!)
    • NVB sequel where Doc Friday and 111 survivor were long distance friends pre-war and kick ass together again
    • USA Restoration mod
    • Before the Leaves Fall (pre-war autmn flora as Green Mod)
    • Claasic Car (Restore a pre-war Car to Pre-war awesomeness either as actual ride or fast travel like Fallout 2)

I hate mutated animals (as opposed to the bio-engineered ones) but the Centisheep is HILARIOUS!

Also, the Brahmin wagons made out of the backs of cars would be real cool, as would auto-rickshaws:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_rickshaw

http://www.synerject.com/images/contenu/vehicules/auto-rickshaw.png

Being a hardcore realist in everything, I'd like there to be less 50's kitch and more third world improvising. In all seriousness, if I were a survivalist in 2077, having seen 11 years of World War IIII and everyone suspects Chang will end his defeat with a bang, I would look at third world workarounds and ingenuity from the decolonization period through 2077, paying special attention to third world workarounds in the Resource Wars (2050-2077), as they were laboratories for what a post-apocalyptic America would look like. I'd especially be taking notes from the post-nuclear Middle East which the Israelis nuked in 2053.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@charwo The protagonist entered the Vault on October, 23rd 2077 just as the bombs fell and awoke from cryo-sleep in the 2270's or 2280's so the improvising of materials and idea's would have to come from whatever the Vault Dweller has at his disposal. I suppose the Institute would have a better grasp of what you are talking about since they have the knowledge of 3rd world technology's available to them. Heck I'd be happy with a Hydraulic Powered Pogo Stick for transportation or some other kind of ground vehicle.

Edited by Morgwynn

You mean customisable power armour?!

OH SWEET LORDY JESUS. I have no idea how this'll allow PA mods to work (I expect with great difficulty), but even so, I am incredibly hyped. My PA characters are going to get a mile-sized upgrade this game.

I have now officially boarded the hype train, destination Boston.

OH SWEET LORDY JESUS. I have no idea how this'll allow PA mods to work (I expect with great difficulty), but even so, I am incredibly hyped. My PA characters are going to get a mile-sized upgrade this game.

Customizable power armor is actually going to make it easier for people 3d modeling power armor. You don't have as many problems with the skinning aspect, and you can texture each piece on a separate texture now. You just have to build it up in separate pieces and keep everything modular.

The challenge is going to come from the fact that they animated the player entering the power armor. Obviously we will still use the vanilla animation and just attach the model on top, but 3d modelers like myself will have to make sure the armor we build fits into the animation that opens it up.

When I made the last post, I wasn't talking about the 111 Vault Dweller, I was talking about survivors in general.

I hope at some point someone makes a San Andreas style game set in the post apocalypse. Or Red Dead Redemption on PC. Whatever works.

Flora overhaul.

New parts to build settlements with.

New junk and loot.

Dog re-skins.

You are in luck with the settlement part, because I will have a handful already modeled and textured just waiting when Fallout 4 is released.

New post-war junk shacks and masonry type walls made out of whatever rubble they could find.

New pre-war stuff, that just adds a bit more variety to what is available from the pre-war world. (Vanilla games usually only have 1 type of refrigerator for example)

New plants to grow in your settlement, such as fruits that are not edible, but will suck the radiation out of the soil as they grow into weirdly mutated fruit, then you can use them as radiation grenades, because they are filled with deadly gas. That as well as pre-war foods the game may not include, and some appetizing post war foods.