Skyrim CTD on attack

Erizon

So I started a new game and got to say level 37 on a female wood elf. I usually play a stealth class based around illusion, sneak, one-hand, and alchemy(For poisons).after creating windstad manor I decided to go do the first Dawnguard quest "Awakening" but on my way there I Enter the crypt to get the pale blade ,make everyone kill each other ,and do a fight. I did all that without CTD. When I exited and made my way to a for Dunstad I think was its name I see bandits and think "Wow I can take these guys out without lifting a finger". So I walk inside the for and make them fight each other until there's one left and I go invisible(Using a spell) and sneak attack the last person. I CTD. so I restart the game and instead of making them kill each other I run in the and start slicing. CTD on the first attack. I restart this time using a bow to attack. I CTD again. it seems to do this if I attack anyone but not things like walls. I can't seem to figure out what is causing this but my guess is scripting but I wanted to ask the forums for help before I jack up the game.

Here's my load order for mods plus skeleton changes and texture and mesh changes that don't appear as ESP or ESM

UnofficialSkyrim patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

ApachiiHairmales.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

hdtHighHeel.esm

TERAArmors.esm

RaceCompatibility.esm

ronzorace.esm

HighResTexturepack01.esp

HighResTexturepack02.esp

HighResTexturepack03.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp

redealesword.esp

Mytha.esp

Vampire Drain Rebalance.esp

DragonBlood.esp

RacemenuPlugin.esp

Redguard_bow.esp

SkyUI.esp

FireAndIceOverhaul.esp

stormcloakbattlearmor.esp

RonzoFollower.esp

Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier fortress.esp

need more Ronzos - Alpha.esp

Windstad mine

dragonsoulperks.esp

ViskyNinjaFollower.esp

Skyrim Community College - v1.4

Midas Magic - Spells for Skyrim

TCow Improvement.esp

Conjuration expanded.esp

companionarrissa.esp

CWRS.esp

Gates : Riverwood

mageperktree

warriorperktree

rogueperktree

j3x-autocrossbows.esp

Hermit.esp

The Shadow scale set

AlfheimKnights.esp

argHalf.esp

ChiFollower.esp

Elemental Staves.esp

Eyes of Abe.esp

IceBladeOfTheMonarch.esp

jbs_upgrade.esp

ESO Altmer Armor

KS Hairdo's.esp

Merta Assassin Armor.esp

MixedUnitTactics.esp

RaceMenuMorphCBBE.esp

SerenityTest.esp

Sirus Samurai Follower.esp

StaffEnchanting.esp

Tembtra Thief Armor.esp

Insanity's Pale Blade.esp

Vagabond Swordsman

Wraith.esp

World Eater Beater

dD - Realistic Ragdoll force

It's a lot but I'm a guy for aesthetics, followers, and utility. any help would be appreciated.

i see no wyre bashed patch several of those mods have leveled list and need the bash patch. Also if you added or removed mods during your game play it will and can kill your save as you go further in the game. you may need to start over . Get wyre you can check your saves in that purple saves mean good green is okay yellow is going orange and red is cooked. Here is a guide to help you out http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32363 Read it and follow it you will be playing again in no time.

Here's something important, if your character is pretty strong you might be killing the bandits in one hit right? So you need to determine whether you CTD on attack or whether you CTD on 'kill' (since both of these may be happening at the same time).

If you're getting CTD on kill, it might be an issue with the opponents corpse data, or an item that a mod is loading into their corpse-inventory (corpseventory? lol) upon death. For example if you use Hunterborn and go to Blackreach - and kill a ... what was it ... charus hunter fledgeling, you will often CTD if you have the 'monster hunter' thing enabled (due to an issue with the mod).

Figure out if it's the attack or the kill that's causing a CTD. that will narrow things down significantly.

You may be having a resource issue. As a save gets to higher levels they need more resources. Skyrim Performance Monitor is a good program for checking this.

An easy way to check your VRAM is to switch off your HighResTexturepacks & test. If it is a ram or vram issue that will fix it.

Later

You're probably having an animation glitch. Remove your animation mods, and reinstall a fresh copy of your skyrim config files, in your MYGAMES folder. I have some ini config files to download on my page. After doing that, run LOOT.

That's my guess anyway./

JW.

Edited by jennawatson

• 2 years later...

well im having the same issue and i just reinstalled skyrim... so my guess its a mod i installed. but i have no clue i normaly always use the same list of mods . the only diff is this time i use a enb =S

Btw this glitch only happen when i use a weapons or been hit by 1 (not magic) but fyi the game crash

Edited by DarkInvaders

• 7 months later...

Iâm having the same issue. CTD when I hit someone.

Iâm assuming itâs the animation of the NPC getting hit, or the Sound Effect. Because those are the two things being triggered. Could be a combat mod but Iâm not using any so for me anyway, I think itâs SFX or an Anim. But I have no animation mods installed either right now. Ran FNIS just to be sure though.

Iâll let you know what I find out.