Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

One afternoon at just about dusk a cowboy riding along a mountain trail started thinking about setting up a place to camp for the night. He wasn't far from the ocean or a city. He was carrying his wages from a good cattle drive. He was heading to the big city to settle down for the Winter.

His horse took to the trails like he was familiar with them so all the cowboy did was enjoy the view. He turned to look north. From up high. He looked out. From where he sat in the saddle on the shady side of the mountain he could see vultures flying in a circle.

He reached for his glass and looked upon the desert near there to see if maybe some deer or antelope might be laid out. To his surprise he saw a man. Laid on the ground just about a mile into the desert. Well he thought to himself that maybe the other guys luck had run out just short of getting out of the desert.

The cowboy decided to see if the fellow was alive.

He set his horse on a new course to the desert hoping if he was he might arrive in time. Well son, the horse strode carefully down to the edge of the desert and then shot like a bullet from there on. As the two got near where the man laid; there came a shout. Stop!

Don't come any closer!

The cowboy reigned in his horse and looked on. Before he could speak the man on the ground shouted, They're about to land!

Somewhere in memory lane the comic strip about the days of cattle drives and funny ways some people thought of for saving yourself from starving still remains. Waiting for the Buzzards to land. :laugh: Buzzards are huge birds. Bigger than Turkeys I believe. I could Google it? :cool: Buzzard meat taste like Buzzard. :facepalm:

As I sit and ponder,

what comes near as I wander,

the tale seems to have begun

at the end.

Curious about why,

I cannot deny,

stupidity seeped

into make me shy

away from the sky

I am glad the end

I was about to begin

to take in began to bend

while it did I grin

For if it had been

coming at me

the mouth end

would have been

my demise.

I'm sure glad

that bend ? in the dragon's tail

left me with a tale

to tell,

that didn't make me sad.

• 3 weeks later...
My mind has realized what has been. I realize what and why I have become so. I have exhausted myself discussing this with others who I see closer to me. They have a continuous flow from birth to now and ongoing. I am like several parts of a computer with a cable not connected in between at correct locations, while I still have electrical input keeping all the separate parts receiving current.

On occasions a current crosses from one to another via a capacitor overload, and I seem to pass to another board with all it's contents reporting to my mind as if I am again, only a me at a different age, with different attributes, and outlook.

I do not see the youth of today in progress who wander passing in the view. I only ponder all I was able to understand and now my presence; my thought.

I see it all.

The fragments of my contained wisdom splashed upon a canvas. Grasping for information so I understand what I've become. I give the picture correct color and light so I think I see who I am in this self-portrait.

I hope I can get it done before I run out of the colored oil paints.

Progress?! I have only kept up the pictures view as long as it was demanded of me to gaze upon it and keep still.

Now that no one is in charge of focusing me with their thoughts. I have no one reasoning in my presence. Just eat, sleep, video game play, while Nature gently shakes their Etch-A-Sketch that I do no longer understand how to work the magic they showed me.

I learned how to mod twice for video games. Since the one who placed me in that state of mind has gone, the one who reasoned with me to hold on, keep a candle burning, the one who left me in this pillage yearning for a friend to give the gifts in it. I await my awakening. I await my Phoenix. I await when I am wiser, old enough to get out of the deep slumber of wonder, rise up from the ashes, and spread my wings to fly.

Until that day I keep dying little deaths. Parts of my past I feared would be lost I hand wrote so I would never feel like I would be lost and gone forever. Now I know my own end. The futility of my aspirations were only gentle persuasions not to recline and take my last breath before they could die.

Progress?! It seems to me that the futility of my aspirations were only others gentle persuasions not to recline and take my last breath before they could die. I only hope they await me.

Hey! Folks, are you enjoying video game life?

I spent the afternoon at ESO on a quest to stop the Jarl of Solitude from getting in a war with another Jarl he believed was planning to war against him. If you haven't been keeping up, ESO now has Skyrim. Many places have different names and NPC's. The Winking Skeever is the Troll Inn now.

At about 4:00 PM a battery involved in keeping my Internet connection live needed to be recharged. I had to quit.

I got up, put on my 3M Sanding and Fiberglass Valved Respirator for working in the shop. I went outside. Examined the sky for smoke from the forest fires and could see the blue sky and clouds. Mask on. I took it off. The air still smelled like fire soot. I saw a thin film of humidified ash covered my car so well the car didn't look dirty. The forested fire ash blended so well with the humidity it didn't rain, like my home weather monitor said it was. Instead the water got a good combination of ash so it make a real thin gray paste.

And covered everything in it.

The weather monitor receiving the signal from outside reporting to the Sharp Weather Station has changed the 12 and 24 hour windows display of rain in 12 and possible lightning and rain in 24 hours to partly cloudy in both display windows. It looked like rain when I looked out the window at Sunrise this morning Sunday September 20, 2020. The Sun is shining through now at 10:24 AM MDT.

(The time at Forums Nexusmods is seven hours later. So that would be around 05:24 PM BST : British Summer Time.

I remember I had an App on a computer and to humor me it always said, The Time is Now!

That's it! Just, The Time is Now! Well it is! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Solitude's Inn in the Skyrim single player version and Skyrim SE is called the Winking Skeever and had changed owners since ESO: Greymoore entered the gaming world and is called the Lonely Troll in the ESO: Greymoor version.

So if you feel weary after Exploring Skyrim for many days and nights stop in at the Lonely Troll Inn.

There are several other changes to Skyrim that make the ESO: Greymoore along the way a lively and extra splendid bunch of eye candy With lots of new storylines. DLC: Markarth coming soon.

Happy Halloween!

• 2 weeks later...

I went out at 6:00 PM MDT and the evening was calm with a clear starry sky. When I got back and was filling my self with resolve to play a game I was sitting there until 9:40 PM MDT not sure about what was up down or sideways because I have a new quest in RL to figure out. I heard a bump against the house wall. Haunting Spirits?! It's too soon!

I looked out the computer room window and could see the Autumn colors on the trees leaves in the street lights bright shine and the trees branches were being furiously blown about by the wind.

A few minutes of the wind blasting lifted a canopy over a bigger window above the video game room that is put in the lowered state. The rods for putting it up were dancing up off the ground as if some spirits were playing around with them. Their hanging loose and in that state were loosened more and banged loudly against the wall.

Ghosts?!

Wide eyed I watched as the two six foot long metal tube danced for a moment more. Then the wind stopped. Silent. No breeze. I stood there staring. I backed up and got back into the computer seat. The pads and the cushions tilted back and I went to sleep. I awakened to sound I didn't recognize at first. A whine! Soon followed by a gust of wind. My mind tried to find my place. Was I outside? In the open air? Was that a fierce ghost wailing from the northwest.

Was I dreaming. The roaring wind kept getting louder. My ears felt no breeze. I kept my eyelids closed to avoid a fright. I could feel my knit socks and feet trembling in them. The wind groaned louder and seemed like a howling. I heard the sound like an ocean sailing captain's waif whose husband was out at sea in a storm.

Crying out for his safe return.

Then the wind died down.

It went out as fast as it had come on. I felt my chair. I was in it still. I looked at the monitor dark as a starless sky.

Focusing around the room I noted light sending a beam into my window. Dark as it was! A light from outside! Flooding into my room filling it up so I could see as if it was noon day.

I turned my eyes slowly toward the window from which it blared. There in the light was whiter than night and the street light's glow even more so because there was upon all I could see beyond the glass out there, on everything out there was a layer of new snow.

Here it is near 10:49 AM MDT in the morning. Two inches or more has covered things far off. While the sidewalk from the porch to the gate looks black. LIke a witches shawl spread with a wedding dress train might have been if a husband had been carrying her to and over the threshold.

Nah! I thought. No such luck in my daze from waking from deep sleep. The furnace kicked on. The scream was it winding up to begin blowing. The sidewalks just wet. Too warm for the snow to start a pile. That's all!

But I couldn't help think, I might be dreaming and just thinking I am awake. So I brewed some coffee. Sipping the Espresso' so strong it would wake a mule from dreamland. I sipped a few sips and here I am. Sure. Sure! It was just a dream.

I had a night dream! No, not a daydream. I wasn't awake!

I could see a taxi service stand from across a field from where I stood. Or my dream self stood. It wasn't clear I was dreaming yet. I slipped down the side of an embankment and walked across the field toward where I could see only a few people near a path up upon a short concrete wall. As I neared them I noted stairs going up from the wild flora and guard rails along the top of the ledge.

I walked up to them. No one stopped me as I climbed the stairs. I wasn't sure what I was doing there and wasn't sure that I would meet with anyone friendly. I got to the top of the stairs and walked along the manmade path. As I was passing by two men discussing some things mentioned fallout. Something about it being about. Or maybe that they were telling some of the men and women there to fallout. In my dream I kept walking. I passed by them and realized where I was.

I was dreaming that I was on planet Tython headed for the Jedi Temple to train!