Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

_________________The 7000 Steps_________________

I didn't plan for the walk of 7000 steps to the top of a mountain in Skyrim. I wasn't there to take in the view. It was snowing after a time. Maybe we had gotten a thousand steps when it became unpleasant. I didn't want to continue. Not for a moment. Turning around for a moment made it become clear stopping and going back down wasn't a good idea either.

We had gotten up where gusts of wind occurred that could easily send us bouncing down the mountain if we turned and tried walking or running back down. To stop and even think about it should have been before we started. It was almost my last mistake for not finding out about the Winds higher up. I almost fumbled up and didn't stop backing up one time I will never forget. Klimmet's advice never mentioned that the winds could make the slippery stones more dangerous.

I was nearly blinded by snow too. Blizzard conditions weren't mentioned either. And it became obvious while climbing the 7000 steps.

It seemed like we might have gotten 2000 steps, maybe 3000. Where a blizzard began worrying me. It seemed almost as though someone cast a spell at the moment when there was a steeper climb then before. Would the Greybeards do such a thing?

I raised my left hand to my brow to pull down my cowl to help block the snow slapping my face. Staring down at the stone steps I moved up the steps until the wind rose pushing me backward. My robe stretched out and flapped like a flag in the back. Bowed down I felt the edge of the robe whipping my ankles causing much pain.

I crouched waiting for the wind's force to die down. My clothes cloth suddenly drooped. I raised a foot while the wind stalled. I barely had put my foot down when the air began to pull me forward. The gust pumped up the inside my robe causing me to be lifted to my feet. I began sliding up to the edge of the next stone step. I hopped. Slid to the next stones edge stopped only by it's edge. I stepped up. And slipped almost falling backward. The wind puffed up my robe again and got me tossed up two more steps. Please don't do that again! I whimpered.

I got up on the next step. Feeling the wind use my long robe to make me light as a feather and move me. I was afraid I would fly off in an unknown direction. Quickly I took a few steps up the stone stairs.

The snow flurried. It filled the air in front of me. I couldn't even see my fur shoes like I could the last time I crouched. The wind picked up again and pushed against my chest. I started to slide backward. I dropped to my knees, bowed my head, and grabbed the rocky edge of the step ahead above me. Fear overwhelmed me as my grip on that stone step was loosened by the force of the wind. I lay down flat on my face. My head pressed into the stone steps toe edge. I felt a surge in my body that seemed to send hot electric sparks within my groin. What? Pain! I bellowed.

I tried to find the source. Thinking someone might have used a spell I know. Upon me. The wind whipped snow around until it was so thick all that time no one, well at least know one I know, could have cast a spell in this storm to hit me so easily. Causing so much pain. It must be some sort of spirit that is causing it? I thought.

Just as I began to wonder if there was one of the eight who did it to me the wind subsided. Maybe I should have prayed to them all after I was being taught about them. Oh! Wait! Nine divines if you include Talos.

I shook off the thoughts. I could see ahead upward to what looked like a rise where the step there might be where the ground is level. A good strong wind started pulling at my rob and cowl. I tried to walk in it, but it dragged me forward on each step up I managed to climb. Once I got accustomed to the winds way I managed to control my legs to bend down lower than moving ahead. I was able to plant my feet securely that way. With the new technique I used it to dashed up to that top step.

At the top I saw before me a canyon. There must be a path around there by the stones? The sight of them must be being blocked ahead out of sight? Maybe they are covered by snow drifts? The wind began howling pushing at my front. Then suddenly began pressing my robe around my chest and around to the back. I was being pushed by the wind backwards again.

The soles of my fur shoes slid.

I crouched and grabbed at a snowberry bush. My hands slid, the gloves squeezed and got snowberry juice on them. I fought to hold my ground. I was losing my grip when I felt the wind gust die down. Hand over hand I grabbed at the snowberry bush branches until I was hanging on to its stock in the middle.

While I groped the bush doing my best to hold on I felt the motion of the air going over my back. My robe laid down on my back and chest front sagged to the ground. The wind suddenly stopped. I became covered snow.

Another gust began pulling me toward the canyon. I was face down and laid as flat to the ground as I could get. The pump that the wind caused before didn't blow up my robe this time. I raised my head to look around.

I could see the path through the canyon had no more stone steps. They ended where I stood. Several yards from the canyon's walls. I slowly raised myself to my feet.

Snow swirled about up ahead in shapes of little whirl winds. I had seen dust and dirt do that. My parents called them Dust Devils. Getting close to them would get dirt and dust whipped upon is and dirt in eyes ears and nose. Thus they were thought to be devils.

I watched a moment reminding myself not to trust my new walking skill, just yet, because of the wind's power. I looked around. Suspicious that there might be mages that were on the watch testing my will power while I climbed to meet the Graybeards.

I stood up straight. I could see where there was light and shadows far ahead that may suggest a passage. It seemed to be only a short distance along the way toward the furthest rocks. I started to walk. I could see the wall like a pile of big rocks piled high. Except for the shadows I thought they might be blocking the way if no path existed beyond. I could see that there was no way around outside the canyon. There were no more stone steps to show the way. It has to be that there is another opening to the canyon? How far I wonder?

I turned fearing my friends might not have faired as well as I. Hoping they were still near me.

I heard Deagon. Mage! Are your teeth chattering from the cold? Or are you just deep in thought?

I barely got sight of the two when Lydia dashed past me. Deagon not far behind picked up her heels and ran after her. I turned around. Then started running to keep up. I was a bit snow blind even though visibility was good clear to the wall of rocks.

At the other end the canyon might turn to the left. I eyed the canyon walls carefully. Moving as quickly as I could in my robe. Then something tall, almost all white, began to take shape in my sight. I saw what they saw and knew why they charged ahead of me.

A monster. The likes of which I had never seen before. It was covered in white; head to toe. Black eyes and claws on its hands and feet.

Lydia and Deagon wasted no time. They began playing keep away with it.

While one dodged the other attacked.

I aimed a frost spell at it. When the two were safely out of my spells range I cast it. It gave them some time to prepare for another switch around. I noted that distracting it was all it did though.

The frost spell did nothing but attract it's attention. Enough to give them both barely enough time to recover a bit. They took turns drawing it's attention away from the other and me.

I cast a spark spell. That got it's attention. Again, that was all. I only had one more spell I could use. I wasted no time thinking, I just cast it.

I was close enough and saw fear in the monsters eyes. I paused too long though. Thinking it might end it quickly, but instead the seven foot tall monster caught the women by surprise.

I heard cries of mercy from one of their lips. Only one.

I feared they wouldn't survive. I drove in closer. Cast the flame spell into its eyes.

It turned and raised its head avoiding the flames. It took a step closer to me and swung one clawed hand at me.

It missed me. I raised my hands pointing the flames back into its eyes. That stalled it.

My spell was draining my magicka though. I stepped out of its reach. Quickly opened and drank from a bottle. The blizzard snows began again creating a blind between the monster and I.

I couldn't see the women. I barely saw the beast when I felt something pull at my robe.

I felt cold air on my belly. Enough that I stepped back in shock. It's second hand clawed at the air. The cold made me back up naturally. Lucky me!

Again I caused the creature to stop. And again while I continually cast the spell it stood still as if warming itself. I quit briefly to down a bottle filled with a potion to restore my magicka. I feared a strike again if I stopped the cast too long, because I knew the beast was quick. When the flames died out it recovered quickly and got close. Too close!

Fear flooded my veins. I focused the flame spell blindly aiming in the wind made wall of white snow. I knew that beast must be right in front of me when I cast it.

The flames flowed around the monster so it's shape was a silhouette engulfed in the flame.

I kept casting the spell steadily without stopping. Hoping I had enough magicka in me to kill that monster. Die you bastard! Die! Damn it! I felt my strength wane. As my strength waned my shoulders slumped down. I heard a clawed hand pass over my head. I realized where that beast was. Almost on top of me. It needed only to strike me once now then I would be no more.

It was luck I slumped when I did. It needed not to move closer. I realized it was blinded by the snow too. Not as much as I. But still one good swipe from those claws would end me for sure.

I cast the spell again. Aiming up. As the flame licked at the monster's face of matted fur the winds whistled. Snow stung my face.

Casting the spell was taking more out of me than I thought it might. I stepped backward. Step by step, inch by inch, backwards to keep out of the reach of the sharp claws causing a breeze of wind in front of my face and chest, and over my head as I ducked and dodged. I felt the cold freezing my exposed flesh where the beast's attack tore open my robe. The cold draining my health.

Each step, each duck, and dodge wore me down. I kept hoping my magicka would last long enough to keep the flames spewing forth. At least long enough for Deagon or Lydia to get back their strength and stamina.

Over and over I drank a potion until I had used up all my bottles of the potion for magicka.

I felt my left heel bump into something behind me.

I knew if I stopped that monster would close in. The snow fall flakes became huge and thickened more between us. A moving wall slapping and stinging my bare skin every where it was exposed. My spell melted it, wrapping flames around the monsters frame as it licked at the monster's fur.

Still all I could see was it's silhouette each time I cast the flames. I had to move back. Don't fail me now!

I realized the monster stopped attacking. For a moment I was out of reach. I had only a few seconds before the monster would move in again and finish me if my magicka failed me.

I sensed the beast had me in it's sight. Any second it would appear breaking in through the snow flakes. I was cold losing energy faster. My body started to slump. I cast the flames. It was out of range. It moved in to attack. My strength was failing me. Not just my magicka anymore.

I had to stop casting the spell. When I did I might get away if I turned and ran. Only when I looked back I couldn't see behind me. I need time to think. Time to see if I can find a safe retreat. I moved back a bit further hoping to see. Again the snow blinded me.

I ducked down and made a sweeping move to test to see if the beast was getting too close. Nothing! Something stirred in my thought. If you're dragon born you can shout. Try and shout. If you can shout you're dragon born.

I recast the flames spell. I saw the silhouette again as the monster paused in it's tracks. I knew then the flames burned enough fur off that the creatures fur might no longer protect it's hide underneath where it was burned away.

I shouted. The snow cleared, the monster stood as if frozen where he stood.

I cast the flame spell. Stopped as it stood there frozen, then again. I cast it in spurts to keep the beast from getting back it's control. I got closer while it burned off more of it's thick matted hair little by little.

I backed up to cast again. My magicka was spent. I tried to shout again.

It stunned the beast once more. Before I could cast snow swam in between me and the creature.

I felt a hot blade graze my cold belly skin. I tried to cast the flame spell again. A spurt shot out. I saw the figure of the creature enough to dodge as the other arm of the creature appeared in the flame. I heard it growl loudly. I sensed it was about to charge.

I felt hot breath on my throat. I felt fur and flesh mingled pressing at my exposed belly's skin. I felt moisture on my throat. I reached up to try and stop the bleeding.

I felt a heavy pressure against my chest. It sank down sliding down my belly. Then dropped between my knees, sliding down until it stopped at my feet.

That'll teach you to mess with me! Lydia yelled!

Think you're tougher then a princess? Deagon shouted.

The beast's was dead. I knew it was. I could feel it laying there. Motionless. Dead. The storm stopped. Almost as if the storm itself was on the beasts side and died with it's last breath.

The snow fall in the air ceased. Still, I could barely see even as the blizzard died down. Snow blindness. I searched my pouch for a health potion. I popped the cork and gulped it's contents down.

I stood stock still until my eyes began to clear. Once cleared I beheld Lydia and Deagon. But their expression raised my alarm.

Fear! What?! I said. I slowly turned to see what they could be looking at behind me.

They both cried out. No. NO! Don't do that!

The instant I looked behind me I knew why they had the expressions on their faces. I was standing on the edge of one the mountain's slab rocks. A rock sticking out. Like the tongue of the mountain tasting the air.

It was a high ledge above the ground far below.

As I turned my feet my toes twisted around so my heels were all that kept me standing up. As soon as my toes were over the edge they bent down over into the air. My heels began to slip.

I bent forward trying to get my balance and got a quick glimpse of how high up it was.

There; off the stone's tip down below the mountain I could see Iverstad. I leaned back to try stop my dive off the edge. I felt my robe being pulled.

Half torn off the remaining part above my bottom rib up over my shoulders of my robe began to pull at my arms. My arms began raising up pointing above my head.

My butt slapped down on cold stone. I bounced. I felt cold air rush up from between the stone and I. I felt like I was floating on the wind. Beneath me was nothing. I felt sure I was going to collide with the mountain's rocky body any moment.

I pictured me floating down the side of the mountain. Falling down.

My butt hit hard on ice or hard packed snow.

My back hit against cold rock, but I felt like I struck branches or, or large roots that jutted out. I was sure I was falling down the mountainside. Bouncing off it. I was blinded by the snow. I tried to reason. Certain death was about to collect me in it's opened jaws. I felt pain in my groin.

Pressure building inside my bahoogies swelling, feeling like the sack was about to explode. No, maybe burst into flames or explode making a bright flash of sparks. Hot or cold I couldn't tell the difference before the pain suddenly was increased when they slapped back between my legs onto something solid and colder.

Where was my loincloth?

I slammed against something, was nearly flat on my back and butt, but again I felt the large roots or branches. Then I was still. I touched them. Is this death?

They were warm.

Behind me. I heard someone say, Phew!

You're safe Fyr. I've got you.

We've got you! Princess Deagon said.

I um mm a mm I m ah alive?! I turned my head to see what I lay upon. Lydia on my left and Deagon on my right. Both holding parts of my shredded robe's cloth.

I was on their legs. They pulled me back so I landed on top of their legs. I patted them. I felt insanity creeping into me. Mingled with doubt. Joy mingled with fear. Patting them, gauging them, the legs with my mind and hand as I patted the legs again and again reassuring myself they were real.

I saw their boot's toes sticking up above where their heels were pressed into the rock's lip where I bumped into it in the snow. I felt a gust of air up cooling my ankles bared skin. I shuffled my feet shoving myself backward.

My shoulder pinched in between theirs. I looked side to side. Stared at their faces. I could see them both. Did we all die?

The storm subsided, clouds cleared out so the sun shined in. We laid there. Catching our breath. My senses still wary.

Deagon said. I sure would like a warm mug of mead right now.

We sat up! They stood. They grabbed the monsters legs and dragged it back to the snow packed ground. I babbled while it lay there. I wanted to jump up and run away, but I had not the strength. I swallowed hard. I suffered my fear it might be alive still. Reality stepped in. Mage that I am. Good thing to be in times like this.

I stopped blathering and began examining the beast at a safe distance from where I sat. It was stretched out face down on the hard packed snow. All three of us fumbled with words to say.

The beast was dead. I was barely able to reason with new words. After a moment I gave up. I got up to my feet. Stretched! I raised up my arms. Reaching as high as I could when I realized I was almost naked. I started to stammer. Then I kicked the beast. Through a raw throat I cried. I WIN! I WIN! I felt like a child that had learned a new game and won. I kicked the monster again and again. Until tired and fell back down to the ground.

Lydia and Deagon came to my side. We're tired. We need to get some rest. Make a camp or get to the top. One or the other. We need to get some sleep.

For the first time sanity ruled. I nodded in agreement.

I grabbed at a bit of the dangling robe's cloth and pulled it up to protect me from the cold. Sitting there draping it over me.

They both looked at me. Deagon seemed unnerved at seeing how troubled I was. My first real battle where I was toe to toe with a deadly opponent I had never known the likes of before, babbling about it.

I laughed hysterically. Yes! I need, we need sleep.

Turn around. Deagon said.

Wa h whhat?! I stuttered.

I'll open your pack. Get you some fresh clothes.

They helped me change into my country clothes. I tried talking, but my throat was sore from yelling at the beast while we fought.

My experience with terrors were not in close quarters before. Mage that I was I preferred a safe distance. I wasn't getting that with that monster. It caused me no end of fear, the fight gave me no time to be aware of my fear. I realized I had experienced what another of my family did. I stank.

I couldn't gather thoughts to make enough words for anything meaningful about it. None. My sanity was challenged too much yet. I realized how precious my life is. I became aware I had a taste in my mouth. It wasn't any residue from the potions I drank. It was how fear tasted. It tasted like metal. Like Brass.

I was still struggling to think clearly. I needed a distraction. I decided to oblige Deagon's suggestion so I could get my mind off the crying matters I began to realize only an inexperienced child has.

I pulled my pack up to my knees. Dug down into the bottom. Fumbled with some flasks. Then found what I was looking for.

I cast the flame spell on the rock I nearly lost my life on. As the stone grew hot I stopped. Uncorked three bottles. Put the bottles standing up on the hot stone. As soon as the tops showed wisps of steam I called out making a sound more like a grunt, because my throat was so raw it felt like I had swallowed rough stones.

They heard it. The two of them saw me pointing at the bottles. I didn't have to speak again. They hustled over to the warmth of the stone. Grabbed a bottle each. We drank silently. They were first to talk. Like two warriors. I was glad to listen while they talked. I did my best to speak without grunting, but failed miserably.

Deagon asked Lydia. What is this creature?

Lydia said. It's a Troll. The only thing that harms them is fire.

No wonder my knife had no effect. Deagon held up the Elfen Blade. It's fur... She poked at it. Pried some fur up with the weapon's tip. It's fur is too thick to cut through matted like that.

Deagon looked at it. Next time we're near a enchantment table I am going to make my weapons enchanted to do fire damage.

Lydia said. We can go to the Drunken Huntsmen and buy arrows too with Fire damage.

Deagon's eyelids widened. Great! After we see the Graybeards to find out if they think Fyr is Dragon Born... We should go to Whiterun to get some of those Fire arrows.

I got tired. Their discussion about the beast went on. I drifted needing rest. Before they got close to disecting it bit by bit I felt better.

The mead helped. My throat felt better after drinking the hot mead. I spoke softly. Winterhold. Next to the college. Place to go.

I grunted. Then pointed out that the hot stone is cold. My feet are cold. The best I could do I did next.

I pointed to the canyon. Got to be some more stairs?!

They nodded in agreement. We walked. As we neared what appeared to be the wall in the canyon the canyon turned to the left. We walked slowly. Tired as as we were. We were glad to see it opened up ahead just a short distance away. I remembered... I thought it might.

As we walked my mind cleared and I remembered the reason we were climbing the 7000 steps. I wondered what I would learn. Different stuff? More about my ability to shout? Any other use of it to help with anything else; including dragons?

I softly spoke. We're definitely going to Winterhold when we've had some rest. I said.

Great idea! Deagon said.

Agreed. Lydia concurred. Either of you two mages could learn to make weapons at the college then. Lydia's idea sparked our enthusiasm. We picked up the pace. Her encouraging words gave us all a bit of a stamina boost.

As we walked a shrine appeared at the other end of the canyon. We walked to it and read it. I gulped hard and said. I am sure glad you two are on my side.

Clouds above moved and opened up the clear blue sky. The sun shown. Warm and soothing.

We saw stone steps ahead. Although Lydia had brought me around so I was more enthusiastic, we were all more so. I was still tired. Battle tired. I sensed it would have made my father proud if he knew I fought a troll toe to toe. He didn't know I had magicka powers.

My older brother wasn't all alone when he took his axe and shield, armored and ready, into battle the first time. He came back covered in blood, urine in his loin cloth, shyte too, and lost innocence from the battle ground into him.

I remember when he returned, how he trembled. His eyes darted around as if he was looking for something he'd lost. He stank to high Søvengård. Father walked to him. Put his hands on my brother shoulders. Stared into his eyes. When my brothers eyes met Fathers their bodies straightened up. Stiffened like stone statues. Father smiled.

I could see how proud of him he was. My brother's body jerked once. Then his battle worn face changed. He looked Father in the eyes. I think at that moment they shared an understanding.

My brother backed up and pounded his axe again his shield. The rest of the men standing to, followed his example and beat their weapons on their shields. Tired. They all walked with him to the bath house.

There would be a ceremony, he would get a new set of armor and new rank, a big feast would follow. Then everyone would drink, sing, and dance the night away.

Lydia nudged me. Are you walking in your sleep Fyr?

Almost! I joked.

Deagon moved in closer. Looked me in the eyes. I see you've become a man. I'm a princess. I know your Father would be proud.

I froze. Can you read minds Deagon?

No! Experience is how I know. I know the look in the eyes. The windows to our souls. I know how they change, when a boy becomes a man.

Now! By my right as a royal princess... She looked me in the eyes. I officially name thee, Warlock of my court. Warlock Fyr.

Lydia stood wide eyed, a battle harden woman and all, but there was a tear in her eyes. When she turned to. Congratulations, my Thane.

For moment I stood just taking in the feelings that came from being officially recognized as both a warrior and mage by a real princess. I bowed. I would have kneeled, but I think... Deagon sensed I might not have been able to get back up without help. I accepted my new rank.

We gathered our will and our wits and began the journey again. Let us all ascend.

Onward! Up then! Up the remaining 7000 steps.

This thread is referred to as Druid's Garden. Researching the Druids has brought Moon light on a fact. That is, that they don't plant any vegetables, tubers, carrots, potato, cucumbers, wheat, barley, oats, hop, corn, leeks, okra, cabbage, lettuce, sugar cane, groves of one kind of tree or another, berry producing bushes, vineyards, well that's enough of that. I have looked at the garden where Druid's gather to and if it's really a garden it's either they like to think those rocks are some sort of living beings. Or they prefer to gather in the outdoors for planting their seeds when there is a full Moon at night high over head.

While the Moon is overhead precisely above the center of the circle, I wonder if that has some signicants.?

I wonder if they take turns using that stone in the middle for a couple to do it? You know, a woman on the flat surface and a man putting the seed in while she lays there to accept it and the full Moon overhead to assure a good seed gets into the garden?

While the Moon is overhead precisely above the center of the circle.

Do all of them arrive as couples? A man and female come to the Stone grounds bringing mats and blankets so they all can do it at the same time in the circle and just one couple does it on the center stone with a mat or blanket to keep the stones rough surface from causing abrasions on their flesh?

Is the center stone reserved for the two members called the high leader man and high leader woman?

Probably not like some of the women I have known who work it like they are a One Arm Bandit in the casino's. Only you don't put a coin in the slot and pull a lever when taking a chance on the women. When it was common as liquor women who used to hang around outside and inside the casino's.

Interesting fact. I saw it done several times with different men and women at house parties when I was growing up.

Back when some men were stupid and some women just wanted to learn about the physical ways of women comparing them to the physical ways of men there was one experiment that was strange.

A man and a woman sitting down. Not at the same time. All of them were sitting down on a chair fully clothed in a private room.

A person appeared wearing a smock and face covers so they could not be distinguish between a man or a woman.

The person than stood facing the woman sitting in the chair and tossed a coin toward the woman's lap.

Every woman that went through the experiment in all sorts of dresses, long or short pants when the coin approached they spread their legs.

In another room a person appeared incognito as well standing facing the man sitting in the chair and tossed a coin upon each man's lap.

Every man that went through the experiment also in a variety of clothing all clamped the legs together.

Anyone want to pose a theory about the results?

Did it have something to do with money, the coin?

Or would the results have been the same with any other item which was something small enough that we all are familiar with?

Why do women spread their legs when they see a coin dropped onto their lap?

Why do men clamp their legs together when they see a coin dropped onto their lap?

You might want to experiment a little before getting undressed to go to bed tonight. See for yourself if the results are the same.

Sometimes a little funning around that isn't foreplay could make a big difference before bedtime.

That is, if you have the coin. ;- )

• 2 weeks later...

Daegon, Lydia, and I were on our way back to Riverwood. Walking down the mountain going north toward Windhelm. A Troll charged me from the side of the road. Knocked me off my feet. I fell into the river. I struggled to get aright. I saw Daegon and Lydia finish off the beast, just as I went over the falls.

My left leg was broken above the knee. My right shin bone too. I swam toward the shore line. Got swept away by a fast current. I awakened in a bed. The woman here had caught me on her fishing line. Reeled me in.

She's taken over the mill. Getting it running again. She told me it's on Ulfric's land so when she's got it up to snuff she'll be giving him a tribute from the profits.

Unless someone with powerful magic comes around soon my leg bones won't likely heal up good enough, my hero days are soon to be over.

I sat up today. I will build a forge and work to keep the mill working, and sharpen axes. I haven't seen hide nor hair of Deagon or Lydia. It'll be a year since my fall. I'll helping her with the lumber mill.

At least I didn't get an arrow in the knee.

I dreamed I was in a room in a palace. The ceiling was barely visible because a tree's top was high up nearly to it. I could see a carving at the edge of some stones the tree's roots had grown over. I pushed in as close as I could to read the plague. I reached to brush aside some small roots growing out of a main root. I felt warmth as my hand neared the stone. I tried to cast a spell to clear away the aged roots dead covering the stone. I was too weak. I tried to shout. My breath barely moved.

A word started glowing. I felt it enter my mind.

Dragonborn! Sky above!

I felt like I had awaken. A man in a hooded cloak stood over me. My eyes cleared little by little.

Suddenly I could not see.

A woman's voice whispered. Dragonborn. Be still.

I saw a light get brighter.

Arngier?

My name is Talitha. A friend summoned me to help find you. They heard your shout. Barely a whisper but the greybeards heard you. This is my home. Ataabea. The plague is for the dead to read, and you shout made it clear you are not quite ready to enter Edes. Those who die before they are born or a child dies without a reason or cause are welcomed here. They await until a new child is ready for a soul The well is the well souls where their souls ascend to be reborn.

A trr ee.

No, what you saw was the fountain raising the souls up to Tundr to the moat where they cross over into the palace of birth. To stars which take them and give them a new life among the living. You disturbed it when you tried to shout at it. I restored it before a child's soul was harmed. Come! Look at the fountain now!

You see!

It is time for you to return to your own. A powerful mage was awaken when you shouted. Your powers are returning, but you must rise.

But Bel Anne?!

Leave the mill woman's house. A barrier will rise to protect her until they have found you have gone and leave there. The dragon laird in Solstheim knows where you are and this time if his followers find you before help arrives you won't survive.

My magic?

You must get away! Find the one who knows of the well of magic. Rise! Go to the college of Winterhold!

Well. Hunh! Well of magic? College of Winterhold? I must go! Bel; I must go.

I know. My dear. I feared this day would come. I didn't realize you were the dragonborn. I couldn't imagine the dragonborn being so frail. Human. I thought... Never mind what I thought. Here! I keep this potion for emergencies. It will give you more stamina. Should be enough to get you to Windhelm. You can hire a coach there at the stables. Take this! It should be enough gold to pay for the coach to get to the college. I'll go stay with a friend. Until the danger passes.

Thank you. Bel. I have grown fond of you. Just thinking of leaving hurts.

Their eyes met. Tears welled up in his eyes.

You must though. The end of days will be close at hand if you don't. Neither way will give us more time together.

He stood up. Pained a bit still. But he was used to it. He opened his arms. Bel moved close. They stood holding each other tight.

My tears go with you. Come back to me after you've given that devil dragon his due and kill the beast Alduin.

They stood apart. She turned to look at the door.

He stepped over to it and paused. I'll bring the false dragon laird down and we'll mount his crown upon our mills gate head when I do.

If he could of seen her face that moment he said our gate she felt faint with delight.

Walking through the door, she turned, grabbed him, and gave him a kiss rising from the depths of her heart. She got weak kneed. She pulled him down. He picked her up, carried her back across the threshold to the bed.

The cock crowed, stirring the silence that came when their passion ended and they fell asleep in each other arms. The cock crowed and they both yawned. Stretching. He found he was having difficulty getting moving. She wasn't doing any better. She rolled onto her side to face him. He gave up trying to get up too. They hugged. The cock crowed.

You must go now! There's no time to waste.

Another long kiss. A kiss goodbye. They both felt it.

Back to business.

He dressed with a renewed spirit.

He remembered how poor he felt as he healed. Slowly and painfully. Then a healer chance by from Winterhold and attempted to put his bones back in place and in good shape. He recalled it hurt like hell.

Felt like fire running up and down the broken bones. Straightening them as it felt like they melting and freezing so, they reformed into cool new steel.

Stronger like a forged steel sword. More flexible like a young green tree trunk.

He dressed. Glancing over at Bel. Still laying in the bed admiring him.

Bel watched a moment longer.

He looked at her. Smiled. You should get dressed too.

She smiled. Faking a sad baby look.

He pounced on the bed nearly breaking the main boards. Pawed her naked breasts. Leaned in for a kiss. While holding on he slipped his hand down her back. Pulled at the bedding. Raised up her under cloth and pulled it over her head.

She allowed.

He dressed her in the slip over.

As her head poked out at the top he picked up her scattered clothes, and tossed all her dress clothes over the rail at the foot of the bed. Pouting at him she bowed and looked up with her lower lip sticking out so far he said, If don't pull that lip in; some bird will likely fly in and perch on it.

They laughed so loud the rooster's crowing was drowned out by it. The Sun was up. The air was stirred up in the light beams. Tiny stars danced in the air all around them.

I won't let you go. I will carry you with me. She finished dressing, only troubled by him tugging and pulling her.

I will be back. I am stronger, tougher to break, and will keep my guard up.

Keep your eyes open too so you don't fall of another mountain water fall. One last kiss. Please?!

He closed his eyes. He began to feel warm. He sensed his body shifting. He felt nothing against his lips. Nothing. He felt himself begin to turn. The motion continued. Spinning slowly. All the way around. Then faster. He felt his stomach begin to churn.

The ripple of muscle below his chest rolled upward forcing his gut to push his stomachs contents up his throat. He spun around and around. Nothing came up. But he felt like he was being rung out like a wet rag. Over and over.

The motion made him feel sicker and sicker. Then, as if something grabbed him, the motion stopped.

Between breaths Lydia spurt out first. That did it!

Daegon sat back her feet near his. I thought we lost him.

We were fortunate. The healer turned toward a satchel.

Water spewed out of his mouth. His first breath felt ice cold. He coughed spewing streams of strings of water from his lips. His eyes opened. As his vision cleared he searched for something familiar. Anything that he remembered. Where's Ba... aaa?! Where am I?! What? What? Daegon? Lydia? What happened? Where are we?

Both of them sat back and took deep breaths.

Daegon huffed and took a deep breath. The words shot out of her mouth. I kept you warm while Lydia went to get a healer and potions.

He looked about. Saw a cowl covered head. A tall figure in a robe he had mistaken for a tree. But.. but ... I was just... he thought of Bel Ann.

Daegon looked at him. It's been hours since we found you. I used six healing potions and cast the healing spell over and over while Lydia ran to the Windhelm to find their healer.

The healer turned to face him. You suffered some hard breaks. I had to place the bones together, bind them. while Daegon held you still. You were writhing in pain. She had too before I could perform the rebinding spell. It was close.

What do mean? I was with someone. She had dragged me out of the river. We were.

Illusions. The healer looked around at the women. He was dreaming all the while. That is unusual. Good too! It aides the healing process.

How long?

Stay still! The healer looked at the shadows cast by trees. Picked a post sticking up straight out of the ground nearby to examine the shadow. Looked at it's shadow. Half a day. She turned toward Daegon and Lydia. Cast a healing spell upon them for a minute. Their breathing slowed and their shoulders and chests ceased to heave.

I can't believe it? It seemed like a year or... passed.

What's that? The healer looked at his eyes. You were experiencing an illusion your mind concocted. Some say it was years and other say hours. There are many hypothesis on what occurs, before we die, when people are so close to dying. I have had no experience myself. Thank Arkay.

He looked at Daegon. Something about her got his attention. She seemed to have changed somehow. He felt his lips tingle. Daegon! Did you kiss me?

Her cheeks blushed red. She held back her response. She rolled her lips inward as color changed and blossomed to deep red. Yes. I did! I did. Tears flowed. I thought...

Come here!

He hugged her.

She hugged back.

He gasped. Whispering. Dae gon! Not so tight. I am still a bit sore.

She relaxed her grip.

They hugged.

The woman from Wndhelm began to ready herself to leave.

The two were hugging when she turned to her satchel.

He lifted his chin off of Daegon's shoulder so he could talk. Thank you!

The healer liked him. She had a habit that made some people quiver. She explained everything she did when anyone gave her attention. Words began flowing from her lips.

I had feared the damage to your bones was severe. Too severe. I learned a spell from a strange book. It allows for the channeling of bone marrow to increase red blood cells. I was afraid the healing puss would overwhelm the regular cell's purpose. I wasn't sure you would survive either way. I chose to do the last spell to heal you. The usual way of healing might have exhuasted me. Then I might have lost you. It was a risk. I chose correctly.

Daegon looked at the healer. Where did you learn the spell?

Like I said, It's a strange book I found. I found it in a cave. Inside a building that had been buried or sunk into the ground near Seyda Neen. The building was older than any I had ever seen. The language was strange to me.

How did you know the spell if you couldn't read it. Daegon stalled her feelings.

It has pictures. The words were not readable, but a set of letters followed them that looked like they might be linguistic so I tried to managed the arrangement in sets.

I got a chicken. I tried to pronouned the letters as the chicken was held still in a cage. I repeated them until I gathered some sense from the air being changed. One time I did and the chicken swelled up and nearly exploded. The next time I did I separated arrangements. Mu X Skai lao Ga E x n dur. I eventually discovered Mu X skai was MoaXsky than lao was L OwgaE and the last was extendr.

Daegon's jaw dropped. Where's the book?!

I have it in my satchel. The healer saw the look in Daegon's eyes. She reluctantly turned her back on Daegon to get it from her satchel. Fearful she might pounce like a beast if she did.

She pulled the spell book from inside the satchel. Spun around swiftly to use it as a shield. In case she was attacking. Here! Take it!

Daegon's eyes glared at her for an instant; then as if she had been surprised she looked as though the woman had brouht back a pet of hers that was lost; her eyelids widened as her pupils focused on the book. She took the book in her hands. Looked at the cover. Held it to her breasts. Thank you! Thank you!

She opened the cover to the first page. Stared.

Can you read it? The healer moved in closer.

Show me the spell you learned.

The healer fingered a page marker. Open it there!

Daegon spred the pages apart. Mueaxska Laog Edure x meant to leave the n off to etenDuwr

There's no w there.

Daegon looked at the pictures. The mystery of our ages. She mumbled as she read more of the literature. She looked around. How's my dragon pet feeling?

The healer looked where she was looking. The dragonborn straightened when he saw fear in the lady healers looks.

Daegon. In her own mother tongue she read. This spell once cast can never be reversed. The Telvani's author's words told the story of two lovers who had a such a short time together he wanted to find a way to extend their lives, even if it was just for another day. He found an old text. Learned of the healing magic that gave back life just as though the body was born again.

Warning! Life ever after with out love is not life at all. Do not cast this spell on any who are strangers to the meaning of love.

Where is the place you found this book? Daegon looked at the woman. She looked at her man and was reassured they were in love. Then back at the healer.

I'll mark it on your map. May I have the book back?

These are Telvani spells. They are not for fighting, healing, or casual use. You cast a spell that will prolong his life now. No Telvani ever knew that this spell was the reason for many of us to have life as we do. If it were to be used again and again you would learn of suffering you've never known before. I would have suffered a great loss sooner than I would have liked, but you, you must have been meant to be here. Sent by the gods for this purpose and this purpose alone.

The healer was in aw for a moment. Even began to reach for the book.

Daegon opened the book to a page. B Elli bel goa actuus exactus.

The healer's eyes blinked a couple of times. Without so much as a pause to see if she could get Daegon to reconsider she picked up her satchel. Daegon gave her a bag of gold.

The book was no longer of interest to the healer.

After she was out of ear shot Lydia perked up. What did you just do?

Daegon smiled. I just opened her eyes so she could see her home. Cozy, warm, with the people she misses. She's going to be with her family soon. Sitting around the hearth reminiscing. While we get going.

We were on our way to the Mages College of Winterhold. Let us go and get the coachman at Windhelm to give us a lift.

• 3 weeks later...
A mile along the way his stamina waned. Warlock Fyr felt weaker. They could see the junction ahead where the path turned toward Windhelm. As he fumbled to regain his footing he saw a statue appear up on a hill to his right. He leaned into Lydia as his right foot landed on the ground.

Lydia turned to Daegon. I think we should rest a moment. He is getting weaker.

The warlock's smile was more of grimace. Daegon listened as he claimed he was just looking at the statue. He pointed at it. Straightened his shoulders and started toward a broken path leading up to it.

Growls from a wolf caught Lydia's attention.

Two of them appeared. One in front and one from Fyr's right. Lydia dispelled the one on the right as Fyr drove a fist into the one attacking him directly. Daegon cast a spell killing it before it could get a second bite.

Lydia recognized the statue. It's a shrine to Talos. It probably has a healing and restoration shrine.

The climb was easy. Warlock Fyr stopped at the shrine with Lydia at his side. They prayed to Talos. A bright halo of light engulfed them as the shrine cleansed them of any disease. Giving them more stamina for physical combat. He rose to his feet restored. Lydia looked at Daegon to speak to her. Daegon turned her face to avoid being seen with a worried look. She quickly wiped a tear away.

They walked down the path to the road. Walked to the place where flat pieces of wood had names painted on them. A few pointed to the left and one to the right. Windhelm was over a bridge to their right. They could see the palace on their left as they walked to the bridge. They a shared a sigh of relief when a horse became visible to their sight. A moment later they stood by the coach.

Do you want a ride? I can take you to any of the major cities.

Do you go to Winterhold?

Winterhold is fifty Gold.

Warlock Fyr handed him fifty Septims.

Climb aboard and we'll be on our way.

As Warlock Fyr walked to the back of the cart he heard a shout. He turned to the direction of it. Two of the dragon lairds lackeys were nearly upon them. Warlock Fyr cast his strongest ward spell to surround Daegon and Lydia. Daegon turned to face the attackers. Lydia lifted her bow and notched in an arrow. The two lackeys ignored them and cast fire and Ice spells at Fyr.

He lifted his right hand. A lightning bolt shot out dancing across the two lackeys. For a few seconds they were stunned. Not long enough though. The ward spell drained too much of his magicka. Daegon was readied and attacked with her own magicka. Lydia launched her arrow at the bigger of the two.

From Daegon's spell and Fyr's lightning spell they were stunned a few more seconds.

The bigger of the two got Lydia's arrow through the heart. Slowed the lackey down. The big cultist dropped onto a knee. One last spell shot out of that cultist's hand. Daegon cast a ward spell. The two spells were aimed at Warlock Fyr. Lydia notched another arrow. Sent it flying at the arm of the smaller of the two lackeys hand she noted was used for that one to cast spells.

The arrow struck under the armor on the glove as the hand rose to aim, tearing through the cultist's glove and up through their forearm and stuck out through the back of the lackeys elbow.

Fyr prepared to cast the lightning spell hoping he had recovered enough magicka. As he prepared. A gust of wind lifted snow up into the air making a blind between them. He couldn't see his target. He cast his ward spell and waited.

Wind whipped snow into his eyes. Dropping his right arm he raised his hand and rubbed them. As his hand left his face darkness fell. The snow became ashes. A bright red spot grew in his sight. He could see a bright red oval growing in hieght. It grew ten meters tall and four meters wide at the middle. Then disappeared. The ashes vanished.

Lydia appeared standing casually overlooking the two cultists. Where's Daegon Lydia?

Didn't you see?! Lydia said.

See what? I was blinded by snow and ashes. I saw a ball of light in the ashes. Fyr replied.

Lydia shrugged. Snow?! I saw no snow. Daegon killed the cultist my arrow struck in the arm. I looked at you and turned towarad the bodies. While Daegon and I walked toward their bodies a door to Oblivion opened. A voice called out. Daegon turned toward the doorway.

She said, Mother?! She turned toward you and said, Don't worry about me.

Lydia turned to look at the carriage's driver for reassurance.

Seeing the look on her face he said. That's what I saw too. You were all standing there in clear sight.

Fyr slumped to grab the cultist to strip and search the body. I was blinded I tell you. Snow blocked my sight. Then a cloud of ash.

Don't just stand there. Grab that ones gear. I want all of their stuff, clothes too. They might be worth something. That ones blade and their swords look valuable.

Lydia bent down stripped the other cultist. You saw only a glow through the snow and ashes while the gate to oblivion was opening? Something made it so you couldn't see us.

Carrying the gear as they walked alongside Lydia she countered. I could see you. Standing there ready for another attack. Clear as we see each other now.

Fyr pondered Lydia's words. He recalled the day he met Daegon. While she talked she told him about herself. He found out they were adventuring for artifacts.

They tossed the gear on the floor of the back of the carriage. After recalling she said something about her father and mother. She is some Deadric's daughter. Maybe??? He decided to keep what he knew about Daegon to himself.

I saw it too! The coach driver looked at Fyr. It looked like she waved at you. If you couldn't see, then some spell was cast upon you so you couldn't.

Lydia and Fyr climbed aboard.

She say anything else? Lydia.

No! She just casually walked through the gate. Lydia saw Fyr's facial expression. She suspected he wasn't telling her something. She turned to look away to the driver and sight ahead. Silently she repeated the words of her duties as housecarl.

Settled in?! Good. We should be able to get to Winterhold while it's still light out. I hope that's that for the rest of my day.

A crisp cold nipped at their faces as the coach rolled along the path going west. It was sunny with clear skies. The road west came to a road to the right. The driver turned to it. Concerned about Daegon; Fyr was deep in thought. Wondering why he was blinded.

The spell didn't kill him. Blast it! There is something about him that is different than most Dragonborn.