My mods aren't working D:

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

meggleicious

meggleicious

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

Hi, I'm new to modding and I've been trying to do this for rouhly two hours now. In DA 2 I've been trying to download the Custom Female Hair pack and I follow youtube video instructions and it still won't show up for me. Anyone have any suggestions? I save the download and then drag the custom hairstyle folder into the Bioware override, and according to what I've read and watched this should be all I have to do. Except it won't show up in the game.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Sorry the mod isn't working for you.

Some questions to help diagnose the problem:

What do you mean by "it won't show up"?  Won't show up where? This is a "Character Creator" (CC) mod.  It's purpose is to add some new (female) hairstyles to the CC, so you'll have to start a new character to use them.

Did you extract both the ".erf" file, and  the cgmc.xml file from the archive?

Did you place the ".erf" in your "\[player's profile]\documents\bioware\dragon age 2\packages\core\override" folder? 

Did you place the ".xml" file in that same "\override" folder, or make the changes to your cgmc.xml file by-hand, (if you already had one) or use the Compiler) as described in the Description and the included HowToUse file?

You might want to read this article:  Using Dragon Age Mods for Dummies:thumbsup:

meggleicious

meggleicious

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

I extracted both files into the folder labeled 'Custom female hairstyles', which I then put into the /override folder.

And like I have the unzipped 'custom female hairstyles' in the override folder, but none of the hairstyles are showing up in the character creator...

And yeah I've read that twice now, still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong >.<

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

You don't say whether you've edited your chargenmorphcfg.xml file according to the author's instructions (or used the CharGenMorph Compiler ultility instead) in order to integrate this mod's changes with your CC.

If this is the ONLY Character Creator mod you're using, then the cgmc.xml file provide by the author is all that's needed.  But if you have any others they have to be merged.  That's what the compiler is for.  :thumbsup:

(And just to be sure, since there's a chance of confusion, you did put the files into the "\override" folder under your player profile, and NOT the one under the game's "\Program Files" entry, right?)

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.860 seconds