Is Seridur really a vampire?

MidbossVyers

Honestly, he has no vampire eyes, does not drop vampire dust, and apparently some of the vampires in the cave might even attack him. Is he really an actual vampire or just a blood-crazy high elf?

Yes, he is a vampire, but he's somewhat modified from the standard vampires in the game. He doesn't look like a vampier (obviously), and that's presumably because the developers didn't want to give it away and spoil the quest. But he has a set of abilities that are somewhat weaker than the usual NPC vampires, and he doesn't have any of the vampire spells or take sun damage. I kinda wish the developers would have thrown in some little detail here or there to explain how he's able to hide it so well as opposed to, say, Janus Hassildor. Would've helped with the realism.

I have a mod installed that allows the "conceal nature" spell to make you look completely normal even if you're a vampire (can't cast it if you haven't fed recently though), so that applies to my vampires, but doesn't account for how it's done here. Honestly, I wasn't sure if he really was supposed to be or not, I think they should at least have had him look like a vampire when you actually fight him, even if not during your first meeting with him.

• 3 weeks later...
Seridur is a "Bethesda cheat", based roughly upon the Second Stage of the disease, but without the special spell abilities a player gets at that point. In addition, he's not a member of the Vampire Faction. The problem is that if he were recognizable as a Vampire, then his own people would not have anything to do with him, AND the Player wouldn't be duped into believing his line, either. For me, it stretches the storyline a bit thinly, but is a necessary evil to make it possible in the first place.

I think Seridur is a Half-Vampire. It makes sense because in several novels i've read (I like vampire books) Half-Vampires still hold part of their human blood before becoming a full vampire, As such. They can walk out in sunlight, They can drink blood, and have few vampiric abilities. It can explain why he can do such things and why he doesn't have Red Eyes

To be honest, I don't think there is any backstory behind this, and that the reason being Bethesda didn't want to give it away. It was either intentional or they forgot to give him the vampiric appearance when you meet him in the cave/