A Few Assorted GECK Questions

djmystro

Perhaps you already tried, but what happens when you execute the addperk command in the console? You will need to get the exact 8-digit hex formid. Try it for vanilla perks to make sure you see the effect; then try with your own perk. This will tell whether the problem is "addperk not getting executed" or "perk not working".

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some strange results when I tried this:

The first perk added fine through the console but did not appear in my PipBoy list of achived Perks.

The second despite only being one digit different refused to work with console. I rechecked the code later and it was correct.

The perks are both identical in all ways (no conditions) apart from thier effect which are an ability and entry point type respectivley. Neither effect has any conditions on it either.

they look like this:

trait no

playable yes

hidden no

level 1

rank 1

No conditions plus relevant perk entries.

Sorry about the delay in my respone, I have been very busy on another project.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay again. I have had loads of stuff on recently and have not had much chance to test AWOP. Now that I have I have found that both perks are now showing up in the list of selectable perks available at each level-up. However this is not what I had in mind and I would like them added immediatley as the last note is collected. Unfortunatley I am having no luck with this.

Despite being so close I am tempted to go back and try Quetzlsacatanango's method but I had a few questions first.

Once I have created the script do I need a quest to attach that to also? Also, am I likely to just run into the same problem at the end?

If either of you (or anyone else) want any more info I can paste accross all the details of scripts and stuff I am using at the momemt or I can upload a test version (using coc teleports can check whether or not it is working very quickly).

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have a few major problems now and I am at a loss as to expain them. If anyone has some knowledge of scripting and has the time to spare to repair AWOP please get in contact as I have a big update planned but I can't release it like this.

1: Roach's Quest (to collect 9 missing audio discs) refuses to update it's quest markers for discs that have been collected prior to quest activation. I have a list of script commands in place attatched to the main quest script, each disc and a trigger for each location all of which should solve the problem but do not.

Though one solution is to make the discs inactive until quest activation I would much prefer not to as I feel this is not very realistsic and may force people to backtrack accross huge sections of the map.

2: Major Hoff's Quest (to hunt down a Spy in the Underground) completes immediatley after activation. This just started happening after months of working correctly. I had thought the problem was related to the BOE Patch which modifies the NPC/Spy in question but after more testing and feedback it is not the cause. I can't spot a flaw in any of main file scripts and other related info nor are the NPCs or quest affected by any other patches.

3: If possible I'd still like the perk problem fixed. As it is I have it set up so that perks need to be selected after activation but that's no fun and no matter how powerful I make 'em I'll never use 'em beyond testing this way so I doubt most others will either.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping.