Modify Shops and Merchants

Kindo

Greetings,

I was a bit saddened to see that modding TW3 is not nearly as simple as it was in TW2, but thankfully, we have a nice tool that helps us unpack and repack a lot of the files we are trying to get to. I ran into a bit of a problem, however:

I can't seem to successfully modify stores and what the merchants are selling. After my changes have been applied and successfully reimported into patch.bundle, all the merchants lose their entire inventory save whatever items I have previously sold to them. I tried changing the inventory of various merchants as a means of trouble-shooting, but so far, it seems no matter which shop I tamper with, it and every other shop are affected and neither the old inventory or the new (modified) one show up anywhere.

If anyone has any idea what could be the cause, or, better yet, a suggestion for a workaround, I'd be forever grateful. :)

Kindo

Yeah I have the same problem with weapons. The updated mod tool is allowing reimporting of over sized files, but the game still won't read them. So as of right now if we want to use the "remporting" method we have to wait until the mod tools are updated again so it will stop this. As for a workaround, you can use the HellGhost method which will allow you to use over sized files, but modding with this method takes a lot longer because you have to move around 24gbs worth the files and whenever there is an update for the game you have to move the files back.

Hmm... Yes, I get a warning when trying to reimport a file which is larger than the original, but I made some changes and deleted enough lines to make it a tiny bit smaller than the original. It then reimports without the warning, but then all the merchants lose their entire inventory (apart from things I've sold to them and DLC items).

A file has to be the exact same size, no bigger, no smaller. Try using Notepad++ and make a note of the "lenght" and "lines" at the bottom of the sceen. If you want to see if it's the mod tool, try to reimport a non-modified file that you're trying to modifiy, if everthing still disappears then you know it's the mod tool.

A non-modified file reimports without a problem, so the mod tool seems to be fine.

I have also tried to alter the length and number of lines to match the non-modified file, but even with the exact same length and number of lines, the tool reports that it is bigger than the original. Sigh. :)

Thanks. The file I'm trying to modify is def_loot_shops.xml. I made absolutely sure that the length and lines were identical to the original file, but the tool still reports a size difference. The uncompressed size, however, is identical. This is what the command prompt reports:

new size: 31931 (1148066 uncompressed)

old size: 31753 (1148066 uncompressed)

Baffling.

Yes, I understand that. I'm baffled that the exact same length and number of lines somehow ends up being larger than the original.

I did check the merchants after importing the original file, and then they work normally.

Edit: def_loot_containers.xml is also problematic. Minor changes made, then I lines adjusted to match original. Reimport works fine with these smaller changes, but once in game, all containers are now entirely empty.