Looking to Write Dialogue, Quests, and Anything Else.

TheSandwichMan

I could really use some help in this area. I am currently working on a mod that is relatively small in comparison to what other people are making. Anyways I need help fleshing out the backstory and writing the journals, dialogue and whatever else I may need to tell the story to the player. I have ideas of what I want and I have designed NPCs, areas and items. I'm not a great writer or story teller. Also if you have knowledge about the mythic dawn and dremoras that is a plus. Currently I have 2 quests in the mod that are short. If you're interested in helping out PM me. Thanks.

Think up an idea, and start your own project! Writers are the backbone of Skyrim modding, and I think it's always best to pursue your own dreams.

Er.....

Writers aren't the backbone, I'm afraid. A good writer is important to a story based mod - at least, giving a story based mod a good story. But in terms of general stuff, and even story, writers are actually the least important aspect. You don't need them for any other type of mod. If a writer LEARNS TO MOD, then sure. They can be the backbone and the supplement at the same time. But you can't make any mods just as a writer. Unless you write a book and put it in game, but even that requires a tiny bit of CK knowledge.

If this is true we have a lot of spines rolling around with no feet hands or head yo!

Now unless you meant the ability to write, cause that I will admit comes in handy, being illiterate does not a modder make.

You know that saying, If you're functionally illiterate thank a public school teacher.

:P

I'd throw every writer who ever worked on discworld out a plane for one more solid dungeon designer imo. Not saying I don't love the writers I got and that they aren't valuable, but a good interior dungeon designer to me is far more valuable. Think of it like this, everyone can write, I will admit some cannot do it as well as others, and some just write gibberish, but everyone can do it. Been to a barnes and noble recently? Now if you take a commodity that everyone has, and then put that in the open market, you get a devalued commodity. Sure the ones who are great are still selling books like hotcakes, but so are the ones who are complete trash, anyone here read 50 shades of grey hmmmmm?

The backbone would be people who Do, period. Just coming up with ideas alone will never really cut it :P And saying all that and I love this kid btw, love the way he storyboards and writes lol, think once he learns the ck a bunch he can do some insane s#*! with that imagination, but by itself it needs either a extremely talented person to Do it or a team of people.

So, my vote, writers are the Sternum of the modding community!