A real pregnancy mod

briancs159

I've always wondered why there wasn't a mod that would allow a female character to go through pregnancy. There was this great mod for Morrowind that allowed your female PC or NPC to get pregnant. You would go through all 9 months of pregnancy although each month would be 5 game days or so. Each month the pregnant woman's belly would get bigger and bigger to simulate actually going through pregnancy. The mod would not allow you to equip all armor and clothes that were unsuited for your new heavier form. A new set of clothes that would "stretch" to your growing body would be available to you of course. Afterwards you would have a child that you'd name although there wasn't much you could do with the child other than role-play from the small commands available. You could even "equip" the baby and you'd be walking around with the baby in a harness on your back.

I was wondering if anyone could come up with a mod that would simulate your female PC or NPC going through the 9 months of pregnancy. A small set of clothes that would change with your character or at least a set of clothes for each month would be nice. To avoid clipping and other strange effects the female in question should be unable to wear anything but the new clothes until the child is born. Having only clothes and no armor would be realistic cause no pregnant woman should ever do too much fighting unless absolutely necessary. There is a bunch of things that could be done with this as well like changing your stats for a more realistic feel.

There are Oblivion mods that change your body in mid game to nearly anything available so I assume the basic idea is possible. I also know there are mods that change your body to look pregnant. Those mods are all from the same source though and the body is not dynamic and doesn't change with time.

I have no experience with modding so I have no idea if this is a small, big, or impossible request. Any feedback or ideas would be great. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
There is one around on certain other sites. It's part of another mod, amd I (having Googled "Oblivion pregnancy mod") don't wish to research further, but you may. Edited by MarkInMKUK

I would love to have a mod like that, but I've only seen one or two pregnancy clothing mods. I really hope someone takes this idea.. Especially having the baby part, because it would just be too weird to have a pregnant belly but no baby in the end. :sweat:

I have tried to search here. I have found a HGEC pregnant body re-placer, pregnant dresses that make your character look pregnant, the Sexlivion mod: pregnancy addition, and there is a mod bundle pack out there that has a equip-able pregnant body among other things. I'm pretty sure most of them ALL use the same source material. The Sexlivion mod requires the HGEC pregnant body mod and that was made from the mod bundle pack. The pregnant dress is nice but it's only clothing and doesn't change your character's body at all.

There are a couple mods out there in the works that sound exactly like what I'm looking for but they are not even close to being done. Goranga was doing one and that sounded perfect but he abandoned it and I'm pretty sure he never uploaded any of the files he worked on up to that point. There is also a Tamriel family system but I have found no details on that.

Is there a mod on the forum or on the internet that I missed? Just about all other aspects of real life have been implemented in this game except pregnancy. Everyone seems to default to the same material. I just think it would be nice for a little variety is all.

Edited by briancs159

You may have noticed the other big omission - children. The potential for abuse has been highlighted and so they're sadly lacking. I guess it's all related

The children issue is why I never really asked for them to be included. The pregnant mod from Morrowind actually addressed the whole possible abuse thing rather well I thought. The babies from the original mod from Morrowind didn't age. They stayed as infants. You could also do no harm to them as they were treated like another item in your inventory rather than a living thing.

I have an idea though, if children were to be included in this game or Skyrim why not make it a special crime to harm a child? Give it an automatic high bounty where the guards will just want you dead. Better yet, if it's possible, why not have the all the available townspeople team up with the guards to try and have you killed. It would be a realistic reaction from the guards and townspeople at least. Have a bounty put on your head where the people would actively want you dead and hunt you down.

The Sims had this but I think the devs of Oblivion intentionally tried to make it difficult or impossible to have any children in the game because of that ugly abuse issue. As I have mentioned in another thread, there are some child mods but the children are just shrunken adults that look about the age covered by the Harry Potter books. I have seen a screenshot of an equippable baby which looked to be basically a doll. It didn't look like it had any animation because it was bundled up. I haven't found it on any English sites even though that would rule out the problem of possible abuse. I think it is probably from Asia. I hate to say it but Oblivion isn't an easy game to mod for Sims style pregnancy and family mods. It probably won't happen since most people now are just waiting for Skyrim to come out. If you know anything about meshing you could alter the existing pregnant meshes for different stages. It's a shame, really. I miss raising kids in the Sims II. Sandbox rpg games without families kind of lack something to me but I suppose the emphasis in Oblivion was intended to be on combat. It was the players who added crafting and most of the other everyday citizen type mods.

• 3 months later...