Changing All NPC's Stats

FezodgeIII

Hello,

I'm new to modding in Skyrim, and have successfully installed the creation kit.

I want to change one stat for all NPC's in the game. Is there anyway t do this relatively quickly, or will I have to go through every single actor and change them individually?

Sorry if this seems a bit up-front; I have been searching for an answer for ages now, but to no avail. Hope you can help!

Fezodge III

Depending on what that stat is. You can try to edit basic stats of each race and this should change stats of all NPC's with that race. It still requires some work, but definitely less than editing every NPC.

Where would I find this base stats?

You could use a cloak spell to change the stat for all NPCs in the player's vicinity.

Download this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28456/?

And look at how they did it.

How do you mean by a cloak spell? Also, how does the vicinity thing work?

Thanks for responding, by the way!

Do you mean every base character? Arn't there like 24 of these for each race?

Well like I said, you should download the mod and have a look at it.

Cloak is a type of magic effect archetype, like the Flame Cloak and Frost Cloak spells in the game. It automatically applies a chosen spell to all actors in its range.

I don't know what you mean by "base character." Neither of us mentioned that term and it doesn't really mean anything. Likewise I have no idea where the number 24 came from.

Cloak is a type of magic effect archetype, like the Flame Cloak and Frost Cloak spells in the game. It automatically applies a chosen spell to all actors in its range.

I don't know what you mean by "base character." Neither of us mentioned that term and it doesn't really mean anything. Likewise I have no idea where the number 24 came from.

Oh, in that case that wont work. I need it to apply to all characters at all time.

Also I was referring to the base stats, I was wondering where I could find it.

Why do you need it to apply to characters who the player has not encountered yet? If you are trying to fill an alias, it shouldn't be too difficult to change the value by script.

I'm i am trying to change the speed of all people, so it would have to work before the player has spoken to them. I don't mind writing some script though, only I don't know what to right.

The player does not have to speak to them for the cloak spell to take effect, only get within range. That range can be larger than the loaded area, so that every NPC would already be affected before the player even sees them.

Woah now. Don't go using cloak spells; do you want to bloat the save and drop performance?

@OP, Tes5Edit scripting is the way to go. What you want to do is very simple. You'd only need the following functions:

GetEditValue(GetElementByPath());

SetEditValue(GetElementByPath());