Milkman (my first mod)

Testudini

Big update! First thing's first, the mod is coming out October 20 (next week). For more info, watch the brand spankin' new trailer!

So, what'll you get with the mod? Well, as was covered in the video, you'll be getting fifteen new quests, nine new perks, a fully functional farm, and a complete overhaul of milk. Of course, that's all a bit vague and not nearly all what you can expect, so let's go into more detail.

1. There are eight main quests, three required side quests, two optional side quests, and two farm-related quests (one of which is optional).

2. There are nine new perks. These include Lactose Intolerance (tougher limbs and +1 STR), Rather Be A Mule (the lower your INT, the more melee damage you deal), Moonlight Serenade (+2 LCK and +25 Speech while the moon is out), and more.

3. The farm has 19 possible upgrades (not counting the varieties of crops and cattle you can tend to). Out of these, 9 are functional and 10 are purely cosmetic.

4. There are two parts to the milk overhaul. First, you can now milk Brahmin (but only Brahmin added in by the mod, an optional .esp will enable you to milk all Brahmin). Milk from Brahmin cures radiation and gives a small strength bonus. You can also buy new varieties of milk (classic, chocolate, and strawberry) from various vendors.

5. The mod will feature voice-acting, but will not be fully voice-acted. Unfortunately, I had some issues with unresponsive or uncooperative voice actors and delaying the mod really isn't an option, so some characters are going to have to go unvoiced. It's not that big of a deal, but some people are finicky about that.

6. Right now, a 100% completion run through for me takes about 3-4 hours. I'll be having people help me test the mod over the weekend, so I'll have a more accurate playtime estimate by then (expect it to be more than 4 hours).

And, of course, the mod will be releasing next Tuesday (October 20)! Prepare thyselves, the milkman is coming.

P.S. If anybody has any questions, feel free to let me know! :smile:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mod.

There is an overarching story, funny bits, new mechanics, a new companion new items (The moustache vault boy is a great idea to distinguish them from vanilla items), new dungeons and it enhances Freeside.

The only thing that could use work is the voice acting but even that, is not bad.

+ Alchestbreach started a playthrough of this for those interested.

Great mod.

There is an overarching story, funny bits, new mechanics, a new companion new items (The moustache vault boy is a great idea to distinguish them from vanilla items), new dungeons and it enhances Freeside.

The only thing that could use work is the voice acting but even that, is not bad.

Thank you! :)

Great mod.

Do you mind if I ask what needs to be improved with the voice acting? I confess that I wasn't 100% happy with mine, so feedback would really be appreciated if you can spare the time :)

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the mod!! :D

Great mod.

Do you mind if I ask what needs to be improved with the voice acting? I confess that I wasn't 100% happy with mine, so feedback would really be appreciated if you can spare the time :smile:

What character did you voice?

Great mod.

Do you mind if I ask what needs to be improved with the voice acting? I confess that I wasn't 100% happy with mine, so feedback would really be appreciated if you can spare the time :smile:

What character did you voice?

YEAH, THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL :pinch:

I voiced Karen, Carolyn and Maria.