Moderators: Read this please

Duskreaver

~~~**Please note that this is a copy of my message in the Tradeskills thread**~~~

Okay, mod's. Ask yourself this, and try and see through the ego that seems to have blocked your vision. Why am I here? Now, you could answer that one of two ways: To stop members breaking the rules. Or, and this is what most experienced mods will say, to help members do the right thing. Now, this isn't the approach that I've seen a couple of mod's take (though admittedly, Helll and Switch have been VERY helpful). There have been unruly lockings which I will not go into, but most of all it's the problem here that's got to me - Okay, this immature guy (forget his name) makes a chauvanistic remark that may or may not have been correctly interpreted. Big deal... however, a whole big thing seems to be made out of ThetaOronis' so-called 'violence'... Now, if the kind of violence I am talking about is what you mean, then I don't call it moderating at all, I call it dictating, and abuse of power - Why should a moderator be able to reak particular havoc on a member just because they can? It's not only completely unfair, but it also strikes me of such well - known names as Moussolini, Franco, and ultimately Hitler. Now, I would not go nearly as far as to say that this is how Theta is acting, but it smacks of it.

Now, Theta (and I use her name soley because she is the only mod I have experienced a problem with) will probably reply saying that this is all, and I use these terms lightly, 'codswallop, tosh, bull.' Of course. Rudimentary self-defence mechanism. That's fine - I'm not stopping her defending herself, quite on the contrary. I'm not trying to cast her down without her fair say - I just think that you all need to realise that you are MODERATORS. You Moderate, not perform crude acts of 'justice' upon members who screw up. You check that posts are present and correct, and correct them if they are not. That's all... This place seems to be far too wrapped up with it's own power - Dark One and the others seem to have lost sight of the fact that they aren't running a medieval fifedom.... Of course, I more than expect to get banned, now, but unless this forum shapes up its act bigtime I'm not sure I particularly want to be here anyway.

Okay, and please note that Theta is not the object of this - She's done some bad moderating, certainly, but I don't know. I could be wrong.

Also, please don't take my low post-count against me - I've had a HUGE amount of experience in this particular area. This is a request, not a furious tirade, however it appears. Just a plea for help... this place could be SO amazing, but it isn't. Not now. I dunno, maybe you need my help, maybe you don't. I'm open to suggestions... All I know is that things need to change.

Hm.... bets on whether this is thomas back for more?

To answer your post, welcome to reality. Reality is not nice. You post something that needs mod intervention, you deserve what you get. You might have a point if the mods were posting page after page of personal attacks every time they corrected someone, but I have yet to see anything even close to that. I read the tradeskills thread "abuse of power/violence" that you refered to, and honestly, you have the mind of a 5 year old if you can seriously call that excessive modding. You are the only person (Theta Orionis included!) who took even one word of that seriously. Now goodbye and enjoy your ban, we won't miss you at all.

Tisk Tisk.

My first thought was to lock this imediatly because IMHO you are trolling. But I thought no. Why do that. It would only add merit to your case.

Personally I have no ego. My beliefs teach me differently. The style that I mod is to up hold the TOS and to keep MW Source a safe friendly place free from Trolls, Flames and SPAM. I can not speak for the others but this is IMHO. I can appreciate your concerns but please remember we are only human. I am in no way trying to justify what was said and done. But lately we have been subject to an increase of hateful and hurtfull SPAM, Flames and trolls. Just go through the censored forum for a look. Previously we had not seen anything of this magnitude so for me anyway it is a learning curve. Locking is a last resort for me. I will only lock if I know there is a breech of the TOS. I usually either 1) ask for the thread to remain OT or 2) alert/ask the opinon of another mod.

Your references to certain historical features is not entirely a good idea. Theta as a mod is enitled to have a ceratin amount of respect showen to her. Even though you may not agree with her or like her you should still show respect. Im a mod and I still hold EVERY single mod/admin with the same respect as the next. That too also goes to memebers. I have been invovled in some "heated" disscusions with certain memebers who though my actions where unjust but I pointed them to the TOS. You break it; punishment is dealt. While in some instance some mods may take things to far; I have to give my benefit of the doubt to the mod. IMHO this is a site for the community. I have and will still continue to help and serve it. To me that is where I get the most satisfaction. Helping others. However attacking others is another matter. While you are entitled to your own opionion and I shall not knock you for that; I hope you relise that you have opened a Pandoras box for yourself. I shall NOT lock this as I beleive that your opionion is a vaild one. I just sincerly hope you fully reliese and underatand what you have done.

Regards

HeLLL

Helll,

D I was merely using Theta, however incorrectly, as an example I still hold repsect for her, as I do for any human being, and I of course give her the due respect that is necessary for mod's, though it may not seem like it. I thank you for keeping this post open - and I did state in the post that you have been particularly helpful, and I thank you for it. I am not going to retract my comment, however, as I still believe in it. I of course understand that you have to tighten up under the recent wave of SPAM, but that doesn't mean every member has to suffer - and anyway, what I am trying to get across could not be affected by the SPAM'ing, as I am referring to the attitude, more than anything else, for example, and please note that I am using Theta purely coincidentally - I have no quarrel with her personally:

I advertise my forum. You, or Theta, says that it's looked down upon, and locks it. Switch says that it's fine, and unlocks it - however, he forgot to move it back. So, I make a new one. Then, Theta, fully aware of Switch unlocking it, locks it again, saying it's SPAM. Maybe. But what I am trying to say is that it is the attitude, more than the actions, that is the problem here.

Sincerely,

Duskreaver

Hm.... bets on whether this is thomas back for more?

To answer your post, welcome to reality. Reality is not nice. You post something that needs mod intervention, you deserve what you get. You might have a point if the mods were posting page after page of personal attacks every time they corrected someone, but I have yet to see anything even close to that. I read the tradeskills thread "abuse of power/violence" that you refered to, and honestly, you have the mind of a 5 year old if you can seriously call that excessive modding. You are the only person (Theta Orionis included!) who took even one word of that seriously. Now goodbye and enjoy your ban, we won't miss you at all.

Okay. No, I am not your ellusive 'Thomas'. I was using that as an example... Seriously, I am VERY tempted to rise to your bait, but I'm not going to.

[EDIT] And I'm leaving it at that. I have nothing against the members here. I'm trying to get through to the mods. I will not get into a personal attack with you Peregrine. Let it go.

[EDIT EDIT] And I know I will get banned. That in itself does not worry me... admittedly my handling of this could have been better, but the damage is done. I await my fate.

Thanks for missing the point... if you'd read my whole post instead of dismissing it at the first not so nice comment, maybe you'd understand. As I said, reality is not nice. You'd better learn to deal with a little unpleasantness if you're going to get anywhere in life. And nothing the mods here have done is anywhere near abuse of power. And you're a hipocrite as well, objecting to a minor insult from me while suggesting that the mods are anywhere near as bad as some of the most completely evil people in history.

I AM NOT going to make this a personal attack! You have no part in this, Peregrine... you have some vendetta against me that is completely unfounded. If you want to get nasty, do it via PM. And I am NOT a hipocrite. Your comment was unnecessary, completely so - Moderators have a duty to keep their comments nice. And yes, reality is not nice. I know that. But some of the moderators here are making it far more so than it needs to be.

I am leaving it here. Peregrine, if you want this foundless attack to continue, I would suggest that you do not tarnish your reputation further by posting here.

Sincerely,

Duskreaver

Like it or not, you are a hypocrite.

It's not only completely unfair, but it also strikes me of such well - known names as Moussolini, Franco, and ultimately Hitler

And you dare accuse the mods of not being nice enough after comparing them to one of the most evil men in history?

And yes, I do have a part in this. I object very much to you coming here and making unjustifiable accusations of abuse of power. Now, since you are so sure that you have a case here, present your evidence. Show your quotes of unfairness or shut up. All I see here is a whiny 10 year old who can't take even the most minor of insults.

Okay,

This is my closing remark. Peregrine, I was saying that their behaviour smacked of this in places. That's all...

Now, I've had it pointed out thta some of my info is incomplete and/or incorrect... now, please don't degenerate this by posting remarks like "Oh, that's wrong! N00b!" etc.... I am trying to get across that the attitude needs changing... now I understand that I am going to get humiliated, and left for dead, probably banned. That's fine. I can accept that - and at least I am willing to take a hard hit to the vitals...

Yours,

Duskreaver.

Thomas claimed to have a popular forum, and claimed corruption in the moderation group starting with myself.

Thomas had a major issue with myself, and Theta. It's exceedingly odd to find another person suddenly in the forum who has their own forums and advertises them, then post's a claim of corruption in the moderating group with Theta as an example but quite obviously stated as being an example and not necessarily bound only to her.

I very very rarely even enter the boards other than the MEMod boards, and even more rare is my moderation of said boards.

Thomas claimed that I was corrupt because I suddenly showed up as an Admin with a ton of posts and started moderating spam.

My postcount is explained in other threads on these forums, as well as my moderation tactics.

Before acting on this thread, I would appreciate your excessive detailing (with links to threads in question) of your claim, and reasoning behind the assumptions you've made. Your trolling behaviour in comparing the moderation team to the likes of Hitler are beyond idiotic and that type of behaviour is both un-called-for and will not be tolerated.

-- D

Archived