Moderators: Read this please

Duskreaver

I think the issue is with people who make fake accounts for themselves to decieve people. And then pretend that there's no connection. Like giving false praise for their own mods, flaming from a false account, etc. Considering its clear who "your" other account and why you're using it, why would it be a problem?

And I appologize for the less than polite manner in which I responded to this thread. Guess I'll blame it on lack of sleep and drop the discussion.

Thank you, Peregrine, for your present display of maturity. Do not forsake the forums for too long, as many of my peers find your abrasive manner to be entertaining. I agree with them.

I am going to petition Dark0ne to relock this thread now that Duskreaver/Hawk/Whoever has permanently damaged his credibility with his double life. This discussion need be taken no further.

Dream ...

I'm a former accountant - I like to live within the letter of the law when dealing with things like this, so that an audit can't suddenly come up and jump all over me. If this is a technical violation, and there is a way to make it clean, I'll take the clean in a heartbeat so it can't be used in comparison for someone to say - "well, Melisande and Kethruch both use the same e-mail address and computer" as an excuse for them being able to do it themselves. I'm old school, where conflict of interest means that the appearance of a conflict is enough to nix a deal, not that there could be conflict and we just will be careful.

As far as Duskreaver/whoever goes, I have found the moderating team on this site more than reasonable - it takes a serious series of remarks to get them annoyed to the point of banning someone from the site. The fact that this discussion continues shows the tolerance of the moderators and their willingness to work with those who unwillingly cross the line. As far as the flamers go, or those who willingly cross the line, I can wholly understand why the moderators believe that they are a problem, and wish them the best of luck in keeping this site free of them.

Thanks

I have screwed up here beyond repair - however, I would like to say the following before I am banned:

First of all: I am sorry. Mindblowingly sorry, for all the pain I have caused the people of these forums. It was wrong of me, very wrong indeed. I would like to thanks Peregrine for apologising, and I would like to tell Luxar that what he did was not acceptable - not by any accounts. It was deceitful and wrong. Signing up on somebody's forums and pretending to be a normal member is not on, mate.

Also, I would like you all to read the sentence in which I supposedly 'likened' Theta to Hitler. I did not. Read it carefully.

Okay, that's it... I'm signing off now... I am going to apologise and see if it is accepted. If it is not, I am leaving - the damage is done, and good luck to you all.

Words are a poor means of communication but the best we have over the internet. You say, unless I misread your post, you did not compare Theta to Hitler. You certainly implied that her behaviour to you brought an image of Hitler to your mind. In my view that says the same and to try to use semantics as an excuse to wriggle out of it will get you nowhere.

Why don't you do the decent thing and resign from the forum? It will give a decent cooling off period. At present nobody is going to take you seriously. When you have had time to reflect, you can come back knowing how this forum works and accepting of its rules. And if these rules don't sit well with you, there are other forums out there.

If you get banned getting back will be harder and full of resentment.

That's my opinion anyway.

Archived