Fx In skyrim.. need some help.

bryanwee20

Hi all, I hope someone can tell me if its possible to apply the an effect to the player upon equipping an armor. Similar to the shadow cloak effect one the ebony mail. Or the frost effect/ mask that is applied to the player character in the frost fall mod.

From what I have been able to tell from looking at how the ebony mail FX works is more like a spell and links to a script that will run when the player equips the armor and tells the FX to play when the player is sneaking. I'm just speculating, I'm still relatively new to the scripting in the CK.

One thing I am hoping is that since I want the FX to be constantly applied to the player's character upon equipping a particular armor, I don't really have to create another script based of the ebony mail script.

In the mean time, I'm gonna experiment with enchantments and hopefully get the FX to play with the need for scripting.

Thank you so much if you read this and I hope you could help me out.

PS: I forgot to mention, Im trying to make it in such a way that the armor you emit similar effects as the atronachs, specifically the frost atronach. I'm not sure if that is a "mesh" thing or a "creation kit" thing.

Edited by bryanwee20