Game not responding on startup - worked fine one day prior

First post here, I really need the help now unfortunately. I'm running Fallout 3 on Windows 8.1 w/ Intel HD Graphics 4600, used a handful of fixes to get the game running (and it was in vanilla), added a few mods such as Iron Sights, Fellout + streetlights, Project Beauty, Sprinting and Weapon mod kits. All of the mods work well and for the last few week I haven't had any crashes and nothing has gone wrong. I decided to go run through Operation Anchorage, saved before I got in the pod, (placed my Gary to be cheaty and get the shock sword and stuff), and ran the sim. I played for 5 minutes, took out about 4 guys, saved and quit.

Cut to today, open NMM, run FOSE, and the game runs. It shows the loading screen, with the taunting "Please Stand By" signal and the music plays, but my it doesn't progress, my mouse disappears and I can't click, tab out, or alt+F4 the game. The only thing I can do is ctrl+alt+del. Going to task manager at this point just brings up my desktop, but i can only mouse over the taskbar. Everything above that is inaccessible, so no force quitting Fallout in the task manager, and closing it by mousing over the taskbar doesn't work either. Pretty much, restart or shut down only.

So given the problem I'm having with "not responding" instead of simply crashing, what should I do?

tl;dr: Fallout "doesn't respond" instead of crashing on startup

I didn't change anything since previous play

No previous problems, at all, even w/ mods

Got into Anchorage, saved and quit

Next time I load, its poop

I'm currently reinstalling the game and can't load the manager, but if anyone knows what this is about, how to fix, or if I should see what the reinstall does, all help is appreciated!