How to make modded merchant someone you can talk to.

omnomnomgoat

No actually I have been working on a mod that I have recieved permission to work on for bug fixing as he abandoned it. This was actually a bug with the original mod and had other users who had the issue but I have went through videos about how to create merchants and have made sure that this merchant has those traits and it does I believe but I see no solution. The funny thing is that no other merchants in the mod has this bug yet a comparison of there traits seem similar so I see little reason as to why this specific merchant has the problem.

I have considered recreating the merchant from scratch but I would then have to figure out the hiring script in place in the mod and mess with it which sounds like a big can of worms to open (not completely against it but I was hoping to avoid it).

Btw Quick saving and reloading the save did not work.

if your interested in getting a closer look at the issue:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52837/?

go to this link and it would be the Darkwater Sanctuary mod in the files. Its essentially a remake of the vile lair dlc from oblivion. The location is to the left of darkwater crossing and south of eldergleam sanctuary. The Warlock is the bugged merchant which you can purchase. He is located in the VLBastion World Space Interior of the creation kit. Of course this is only if interested.

You know, I was under the impression that we were talking about custom dialogue here, but now I see differently.

I'll take a peek when I can

You know, I was under the impression that we were talking about custom dialogue here, but now I see differently.

I'll take a peek when I can

So was I, now that I fully understand what tour trying to do I'll also take a look to see if I can turn anything up.

I can't see the problem.

The warlock dialogue works fine for me.

He uses the native skyrim DialogueGeneric quest (that has the services dialogue for vendors/merchants)

He meets the dialogue requirements, eg: his voice (MaleOldGrumpy) is in the DefaultNPCVoiceType list and he's not commanded.

He's not held by a quest alias that blocks dialogue (there are no quests in the mod period, all done by activators, messages and scripts).

I thought maybe his AI Packages may stop the dialogue, but that's doesn't appear to be the case from what I tested.

The only things that have the warlock in use is a few idle and furniture markers (Warlock is set as owns them in the patrol tab, even though none of his packages are linked to the markers).

Also the Lectern that enables him stores his ref id.

But I can't see that causing the problem that some may have.

So it looks like the bug isn't happening for everyone.

Have you tried opening the console and select the warlock, disable and then enable him?