(PETITION) unskippable video adds cross the line

mikeloeven

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the sites I have ads on are the smaller ones. :P The main site that I operate (Which may be moved to a different domain; there hasn't been much recent activity because of this) doesn't have ads. Why? Because we like to keep users on our site and not annoy them to death. I don't even mind you having the video ads, but don't make them un-skippable(If that's even a word. :P ). Here's an example of a gaming site that has no ads besides a banner and gets many visitors, more than this site: FunOrb.com. OR, even RuneScape.com.

EDIT - Robin, yes, I saw your post. I'll stop. I had to have my voice heard.

Edited by joquanpro

Ok, good.

Because that's enough. You two: joquanpro and Zaldiir are getting dangerously close to having a flamefest going on here, and that's not a good thing. For either of you two.

Agree to disagree, and let it go.

[/thread]

-DW

Edited by DarkeWolf

Both FunOrb.com and RuneScape.com lives on people paying every month to get special features.

There's a bigger demand on those features on such sites, as those features are more or less essential for the games to be any good at all, whereas on The Nexus, not many bothers to go premium because they already get what they need, and premium is just a plus, and not a necessity, thus very few people pay for premium. :/

I can understand the frustration of a video ad, but sometimes, they are essential, unfortunately... :(