NEED HELP FROM THE AWEOSME COMMUNITY Skyrim Spell Package Quest mod ideas

Wyzen

Okay! So this is not as much of a request for a mod to be made by the community, but to have the community assist me in ideas for a mod that i'm making. So, what is the mod i'm making?

The mod I'm working on is going to be one of those huge spell package types of mods with a large variety of magic to use such as ice, fire, earth, holy, water, time, nature, lightning, light, darkness, wind and a lot more. Anyways I need some of the creative people to help me think of a questline that is lore friendly and allows the player to acquire the spells in a lore friendly manner. I want this questline to be somewhat lengthy and epic ( but not repetitive) and I want to have some sort of epic boss battle at the climax of the plot. Anyways the goals are: 1. Come up with an interesting backstory that explains why the types of magic have been lost/ withheld from modern mages in skyrim. 2. Come up with an epic plotline/ antagonist that results in the player having to master all of these types of magic in order to defeat said final antagonist!

Oh also if anyone wants to drop some interesting/ unique ideas for magic effects that could be useful aswell! :laugh:

If you are adding earth, holy, water, time, nature, light, darkness, wind, etc. I don't think it will be lore-friendly, anyway. None of these elements have ever existed in any of the Elder Scrolls games. The only ones that might be lore-friendly are time, which could be implemented as a slow spell as seen in Morrowind and Oblivion, and holy/light, which could be implemented as a Sun Damage spell similar to the spell found in Oblivion and the Dawnbreaker enchantment in Skyrim. You could make an argument for air/wind magic, as air atronachs exist in lore and in both Daggerfall and TESO, but there is no evidence of any use of air magic in lore other than that. There are also flesh atronachs, which could loosely be used to justify a nature/flesh element, but I really don't know that it would be possible to implement it in a way that seems to fit with Elder Scrolls lore, either. You could add poison, which was a type of elemental magic in Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion, though.

I suppose you could somehow involve some higher power - maybe a Divine or an Aedra - to somehow amplify the holes from mundus into aetherium and allow new magical forms, but it would be questionably lore-friendly at best, and would absolutely be non-canon.

I know that it hasn't existed in previous elder scrolls games, that's why I'm making a mod for it in order to add a little variety into the elder scrolls rather than the vanilla shock fire frost spells, wind magic isn't necessarily out of the question in terms of lore friendliness, in the dragon born dlc there is a whirlwind cloak where the caster clearly manipulates the wind. Holy would just be the name of the type of abilities focusing on burning and turning undead targets. As for the others that haven't been present in the elder scrolls that is the purpose of me trying to think of a storyline that would support their existence in the game but give a reason the general public has no knowledge of these types of magic (or hell have the quest create these new types of magic) but that's what I was looking for help with, just creating a good, logical backstory behind all this new magic

Okay. Since you aren't going with strict canon, you have a little bit of wiggle room.

I think I would connect this to the College of Winterhold questline. Maybe make it so that you can talk to the Augur of Dunlain a second time after completing the final quest, and following his directions by returning to Saarthal and discovering a collapsed passage that leads to a new part of the dungeon where there are more artifacts like the Saarthal amulet that are enchanted with forgotten magic from ancient mages. Maybe there's a dragon priest at the end who has an earth weapon and earth spell tomes, and a map to where dragon priest with the other elements are.

...or...

You could add a dragon with one of the new elements to the leveled lists that would have a special kind of on it as loot. The player would have to take the scale to someone who could tell them more about it, and that person would give them directions to a dungeon where they can find a map of the where dragons of the other elements have been sighted.

...or something like that. I don't know really, but if you need to spitball ideas, let me know. I can help you brainstorm. I'm not a writer or anything, but I'd be happy to help.