Read If you'd like to finish our Cassidy Mod

simplywayne90

http://i56.tinypic.com/bg62x3.png

"If I was twenty years younger, I'd go east and explore the Midwest."

- John Cassidy

Well everyone, You all need to thank Tribalizer for his wonderful job. He sent me his Cassidy and It looks great.

Now then what we need are modders with the ability to incorporate him into the game, abd by that I mean creating a well made area to find him in, scripters especially, and NPC builders since Cassidy will be voiced when he is released.

Since your reading this thread and are willing to help bring back Cassidy then please message me or simply post here.

So message or post what skills you have and what you'd like to do in the mod making. That way everyone can make thier part the way they feel, within the bounds of the agreed plot.

Current status:

Cassidy has been recreated, although we will likely add-on to his appearance later on.

We have a good volunteer for voicing Cassidy, however we'd like more choices, as well as a female voice to voice a few lines for Cass.

We have a script of lines for Cassidy, as well as custom starting armor and a custom gun is being looked at

While there is a basic outline as to how he is still alive and where has he been, I truly want to hear more suggestions..

Here is a photo of Cassidy, who is Cass' missing father and was also a companion in Fallout 2.

http://i54.tinypic.com/a9pumt.jpg

Our recreation doesn't have the scars or metal plate yet, so if anyone can add those I'd love to hear from you.

Edited by simplywayne90

--------------------What Does He Look Like?--------------------

"His long history of adventuring have left him in a less than perfect state, including a metal plate in his head, tons of old wounds, lack of an eye and memory of severe wounds, including a knifing in 2203 and gun wounds from 2201, 2195 and 2199. Yet, despite his state, his skill with a rifle is nothing short of excellent - he is the best marksman the player can get"

"Despite his life of violence, he is a very kind and polite person, at least to people he respects. Anyone who gets on his bad side can expect to be treated no better than dirt, usually accompanied by a number of curses from Cassidy's sizable catalog of insults."

--------------------How is Cassidy Still Alive?--------------------

The basic plot device we plan to use to explain Cassidy not being dead from old age is that by some strange event he ended up in either a cyrogenic perserve, stasis chamber, or something like Mr. House.

That will likely be where he is in-game, either having just escaped his stasis, or the player s the one who awakens him. (Similar to the people from the Zeta DLC, but no aliens in this story)

We've got it much more detailed but I'm trying to keep my thread from looking too big, since that discourages readers.

--------------------Why Did He Leave His Family?--------------------

Anyways we also had to find a reason for why he left his daughter and tribal woman wife.

Some reasons that are in discussion are.

- Cass mentions she inheirited a heart condition from her Father, perhaps Cassidy learned this and left to find a cure since he felt that while he had survived with his heart, that his daughter may not.

- The Chosen One (The player) from Fallout 2 returned after Cassidy had Cass, and perhaps Cassidy left with him/her on some important quest to save the world...again.

- Because he was simply a man born to beat ass?

- He always said he hated being in one place, Maybe he wanted to go see Texas? or he said he wanted to explored the Mid-west.

Thats all the reasons for leaving so far. If someone has a good one post them.

--------------------Possible Plots or Ideas--------------------

Here are some of the ideas we have hashed out while working on things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we've decided that he'd likely be dead by New Vegas if he'd been simply adventuring and kickin ass the entire time.

Why not have him trapped? Perhaps in a device like Mr. House except it keeps him unconsious and from aging. (It'd look great to see him in that)

The backstory (which we could build on)

An intelligent vault (Maybe another ZAX computer) that never had inhabitants, that activally sent out robots or messages via radio or pip-boy and captured people and keeps them in stasis. Like a venus-fly trap, the vault does this to ensure the survival of those it captures as it cannot comprehend that the bombings have already taken place.

What about diffirent pre-war facilities (like medical ones), where a lot of experiments were going on?

Depending on what this place and its storyline will be you can conviniently connect the story of the Cassidy with the lore.

(like if the place will be a free-roam location you can modify a piece of it in order to free the guy and thus explain his existence by him being a prisoner of this place for long decades because he was cryo'd or preserved in some other way, you name it).

So yeah Cassidy leaves shortly after Cass' birth after learning he may lose her as she is his delicate rose, however this is Fallout, and no one is really wanting a big heartfelt moment, especially since we won't be able to voice any replies by Cass so it'd be weird.

I've been trying to think of fun scenarios for him to have been mixed up in, like he was always one step behind the lone wanderer as he traveled D.C or he got trapped in Vault 69 for a while, Maybe Cassidy and Harold teamed up in search of old tech to help Cass. Eventually Harold and Bob ending up where they are. etc Funny like referneces and cameos if possible.

I loved Cassidy, but much like Star Wars I would be perfectly happy if he lived on only in my memory.

Well don't worry I'm not accepting anything less than high quality when it comes to the actual character and voice acting etc.

I even designed all of his dialog by starting with his Fallout 2 dialog file and editing and adding to it in order for him to fit New Vegas. I've also added in banter for him to interact with other companions (vanilla ones only) based on his conversations with other companions in Fallout 2.

Here are some samples of banter, and a few favorites of mine from his updated dialog file I made.

(Banter with Raul) Dammit, Raul, you need a bath. Or some disinfectant, hell do both.

(Banter With Raul) Ghoul-boy, you better keep your damn distance. Shoooo-weee, you stink like a deathclaws ass left out in the sun!

(Banter About Rex) You know....I've never seen this dog eat. I Wonder what a cyberdog eats. Humans, probably.

(Banter About Rex) If that cyberdog starts humping my leg, I'm gonna put it down.

(Comment on New Vegas) This place looks worse than me or Vault City.

(Comment on Nipton) If I kick the bucket, don't bury me here, you go and find a damn flowerbed I don't care how long it takes.

(Comment on Novac) Well, Just when you think you've seen it all, a god damned dinosaur, what's the world coming to? (Little joke on the fact the world has been destroyed)

(Battlecry or Could be used as a comment with the Meyers ending at Primm) A little frontier justice never hurt anyone...well, at least not me

(Battle comment) The next sonuvabitch who tries to hassle me is going to be wearing his ass as a hat.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, please, PLEASE tell me this is still in the works, or even finished by now. Cassidy was the MAN.

Also, as far as ideas go, if he wanted to explore the Midwest, maybe he got captured by the robots from Fallout Tactics, and stuffed in a cryotube. Maybe have an underground base full of bots you have to kill, and a lot of empty cryo tubes, and have Cassidy in one of them.

Oh, please, PLEASE tell me this is still in the works, or even finished by now. Cassidy was the MAN.

Also, as far as ideas go, if he wanted to explore the Midwest, maybe he got captured by the robots from Fallout Tactics, and stuffed in a cryotube. Maybe have an underground base full of bots you have to kill, and a lot of empty cryo tubes, and have Cassidy in one of them.

Thats a good idea, and yes I haven't given up on this mod, although it is currently only in development, there are no modders working on this currently. We have a voice actor lined up and waiting for the mod to progress, then we also have a custom sawed-off for Cassidy called "The Thorn Of John Cassidy" to include, and are simply waiting for a modder or two to volunteer and help development.