Unique Companion Concepts

RamenAwesome

Here we go! One genuine banter for Rynnfox!

This is supposed to be between Yiyeni and a Human Warden who has begun to show interest in her. I've written some little notes that I hope will help you when you record these lines. All you have to do is read Yiyeni's lines and attach them to a post. Feel free to ad-lib a little if you need to, whatever helps you keep it sounding natural. Try both of the accents that we talked about. Also, I think its really important that you keep in mind how Yiyeni's tone changes throughout this scene. Remember that Yiyeni is normally very confident (even cocky) and is always sure her beliefs, but also that by the end she stumbles around awkwardly, almost to the point of babbling.

Setting: Party Campsite

(Conversation starts)

Yiyeni: You need something from me?

Warden: Can we discuss something personal?

Yiyeni: (jokingly) Personal? Yikes! That sounds ominous!

Warden: I wanted to make sure you were settling in alright.

Yiyeni: Well enough I suppose. I must admit you've got some colorful companions following you around.

Yiyeni: (light-hearted) I can't imagine how you cater to all of them.

Warden: Hmph... It's harder than it looks Yiyeni.

Yiyeni: (giggling) I'll bet! They can be so funny though! Some of them even remind me of-... (suddenly disheartened) people I used to know.

Warden: You must miss the Dalish.

Yiyeni: (sadly) I remember them… I remember their faces. Merrill, Fenaryil…and Keeper Marethari. I miss them terribly.

Yiyeni: (awkwardly trying to change the subject) Ugh, I’m sorry I’m getting distracted aren’t I? I should be focused on the blight, on helping you.

Warden: It’s okay if you’re homesick. I understand.

Yiyeni: (thankful) I know you do. It’s just that…(concerned) I don’t want you worrying about me.

Warden: But I do worry about you. I care about you.

Yiyeni: (startled) Umm…you do?

Yiyeni: (awkward) I…I just…this is a little awkward.

Yiyeni: What I mean is...(sighs)…I’m an elf. Not just an elf, I’m one of the Dalish! And…you’re…not.

Warden: I know that.

Yiyeni: (embarrassed) I-it’s not like that’s a bad thing…(almost inaudible)…I mean, I don’t think it is…

Yiyeni: (unsure) I don’t know. I just don’t know. You have been so good to me…

Yiyeni: (retreating) I need to think about this. I’m sorry but I-…please excuse me.

(Conversation ends)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, is there anything i can do to help? And in my last comment i meant that if you play as a male(was wrong there) there are no dalish elf companions to romance which means that you can't romance anyone if you want to keep to be a "true" dalish.(because if you romance a human you will be cast out of your clan...)

Ah! I see your point now. But in my mind I figured that the Dalish character wouldn't care because she already has near zero chance of seeing her clan again. And as for your offer to help, of course! Was there something in specific that you wanted to work on?

Hey i´d like to sign up as voice actor and/or text writer (dialog or banter)

Should the mage be Fereldan and talk like an englishmen or is he from somewhere else, because i´m able to speak either english dialect or pretty much clean english since i was raised bilingual, and learned the clean one at school here in austria

To Lenweelessar

Well I definitely need someone who has enough experience with the toolset to build the mod, someone who knows how to insert the character into the game and consolidate all the audio and video files. I also could always use another writer, as not many people have expressed interest in writing the script. Lastly, although this isn't really a job, I need people to get the word out about this project, to attract other modders (I don't have many associations sadly...)

To Meneldur

Manasus is native to Fereldan so he would speak in and english/american accent. If you want to voice act him, I can write you something to read and record. If you want to be a scriptwriter, than create some form of conversation involving Manasus (such as a banter or maybe an argument between the warden and Manasus). If you need an idea of how Manasus would react to a situation I posted some scenarios involving him in my original post.

I have an idea for a banter between Manasus and Sten

As you know, Qunari Mages are kept on leashes and their holders also responsible for oppressing the growth of their magical power (If you have played DA 2 then you know how terrified Qunari are of the idea of freeing mages)

So Sten might disapprove of a Mage who ran away from his "holder"

Sten: Did I understand right that the warden is your new Arvaarad?

Manasus: What do you mean by that? I don´t even know how to spell this word...

Sten: The one who holds back your evil

Manasus: Same Question...

Sten: Your Power, your curse, that which makes you a danger to everyone

Manasus: Oh! You mean Magic! Why would we need that?

Sten: You´re out of one of these circles you humans have... Shouldn´t there be someone to control your powers?

Manasus: I don´t need a bloody templar in my neck all the time! I can do that on my own!

Sten: You´re Sarebaas, a corrupted one too!(In refference to his beeing a bloodmage) You should not be allowed to be alone anywhere you go!

Manasus: I can control Bloodmagic! I am careful when consulting demons!

(If Alistair is in Party) Alistair: Sten, I´m a templar, doesn´t this satisfie you?

(Regardless of Alistair) Sten: Pasherra, you Humans are so careless! Remember this Baas! I will keep an eye on you!