mod ideas for xcom

xyvr

1) lootable corpses in the original if a trooper died an he had the only ark thrower ,rocket launcher or medpack i could just take it from his body. plus you could carry your fallen an wounded troopers off the field instead abandoning them when you abandon the mission.

2) i liked the original inventory system

3) i liked purchasing ammo and equipping mags for my troopers the prospect of running out of ammo added to intensity of the fire fights. i had to run n loot to survive, or have a trooper throw a mag to another trooper who has run dry. you had too build general stores an make sure you had extra guns an ammo in case of alien base attack.

4) in the original i used to supplement my income by manufacturing laser rifles an selling them on the grey market ... now its not even worth doing cause the manufacturing costs more than sell value. now its a struggle to build anything.

5) i liked the way the original you could have multiple bases around the world and you could have missile silos and defense systems to protect your base from alien base attacks. now its just a one time scripted event .... lame!

*you know what if they could give me the game mechanics of the original xcom that would be great.

i liked hiring my scientists n engineers heck let me hire pilots too an give them skills too boot *

(oh an I hate the pod triggering system an the free movement into cover the aliens span with)

6) submachine guns should have a bonus to hit at close & medium range and higher crit & damage bonus at close range heck id give them that fire twice perk that the infantry usually get.

give me a reason to take it into the field.

7) bigger maps 30+ trooper battles with tanks , APC's n gunships an the ability to call in artillery an airstrikes set up napalm zones or bomb drop zones or missile strike zones i think you get the idea.

new class type comms officer. trooper with the radio to call in the strike zones. number of airstrikes will depend on the load out an number of available aircraft.

8) cooler looking weapons the lasers look like freaking stupid kids toys.

they should of modeled the guns after the original! they where bad ass!

not the lame child toys the have today.

the fusion bomb was a foot ball of destruction that destroyed half the map ( you need to bring that s#*! back)

plus i liked how i was able to plot the trajectory of my missiles an the fusion bomb like in the original.

9) maybe an under the barrel shot gun or grenade launcher attachment for the rifle for the assault class.

a six cylinder grenade launcher that can shoot a variety of grenades, smoke flashbangs ect (depending what you choose to load it with) for the Grenadier class or engineer class. (grenade launcher would lob the grenades twice as far than can be thrown.)

10) start the game with helicopter to ferry troops. make skyranger a later development making troop deployments take longer or will have to be deployed from nearer bases.(just an idea)

broaden the scope of the war. fight beside police, military an partisan groups.(there weapons look accordingly.)

heck maybe be able to choose form different weapon manufactures that will set the style of the weapons an armor that you get to choose from.

if I made this game you would start small with an office an agent or 2 doing x files type investigations then slowly grow into a big paramilitary organization when it gets to full blown war. you would start with low funding from the country you choose to start in. an the funding will grow as your work becomes more relevant an the need for your expertise comes into demand..

you'll have one agent and a desk that you rent from the local investigative branch. and a car that will define your agents effective range for that day. manage a fleet of cars to airplanes. you can set up safe houses to agency's an offices anywhere in the world . an when you get the funding for it you can set up military encampments to xcom bases. (not to forget naval and under water engagements)

or maybe your not government funded at all but by some insidious private company

so there would be 2 types there would be your investigative or spy types your agents an then you would have your military troopers

i also thought that being able to conduct the autopsies on the alien cadavers would be kinda cool.

Garrison armies of troopers in cities send units out for patrols send out recon units to explore an track.

there would be alien or activity hot zones on the map where you send an agent to investigate where he either reveals the alien threat or activity. depending on what the situation is he maybe able to resolve it him self or he can call for back up for other agents or troopers.

then there will military hot zones where you can blindly send the troops in or have recon team prob it first.

make the science more interesting research every thing from a zombie viruses too mutant freaks. have a failed project with unexpected consequences. send out your troopers to contain or hunt down escaped test subjects.

well there is your multiplayer right there. rival agencies stealing an sabotaging other agency science projects.

We could call it X-com Total War.

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion, for future additions to XEW:LW. Pre-built squads, not so much as the mod that remembers the previous team used last; but allowing players to make preset rosters listed by a unit designation. Referenced by whatever designation the player decides to use. Alpha Strike, Delta Force, SWAT 1, etc..

This would allow players to setup units of pre-made class mixes to quickly be setup in the launch window that are designed to handle specific mission threats. Extractions, crash recovery, assaults, terror attacks, base defense, etc. Now, even if there are wounded members in the infirmary, the active members (ready or fatigued) will still fill out for active service. Any wounded members spots remain empty so players can quickly sub in the missing personnel.

Y'know, something tells me no one is actually working on any of these ideas. In which case I suggest you use the mod request forum instead. This forums is for the modders themselves to discuss things. At the very least, I shall tell you that about 80% of this would be incredibly difficult.

xyvr:

1-5.) Honestly, if you like the original so much more, play the original. The difficulty of reimplementing the original elements is incredibly difficult. 1, 3 and 4 are possible but difficult (and are large projects), 2 is a massive project (probably about half the size of long war), and 5 is literally a rewrite of most of the strategic games coding. 5 is impossible.

6.) Doable, if you are willing to look into the code.

7.) Impossible, literally impossible with our current abilities.

8.) Changing the appearance of weapons is nearly within our capabilities, but impossible ATM. Changing the function of them completely would be truly impossible.

9.) Actually the second most sane of your ideas, but wouldn't be able to show a model in game.

10.) Helicopter: Impossible. Other types of allies: Impossible. New styles of weapons: Impossible. Office: Why do you want this? But still, impossible. New Research: Possible, actually, but you never said what they unlock. Multiplayer: Impossible, due to communications reasons.

SX0: Possible, but difficult.

However, please use the mod request forum unless you plan to make these yourselves.

In regards to 4, I'm considering implementing something similar into my alternate tech tree mod. Essentialy manufacturing weapons/items/armor will cost less cash and more resources. Then I'll be changing the sell value from the ".4" or 40% that it is to a higher value.

Also I'll be adding several new foundry projects that will cost more cash than resources. So technically you'll be able to supplement your income by selling weapons/items/armor on the Grey market, but the alien materials will be the new "limiting factor".

Anyway, just wanted to share. Not sure on a timeline for release, but hoping for before XCom2 hits.

• 6 months later...

how about a MAGIC SWORD!

basically i just want a sword that can also function as a Psi-Amp.

it would need to come with the slash ability and have all the stats needed to make psi-powers work but i think it IS possible!

it will make my Witcher character all the better!

oh and some1 should rework a few psi-powers to make a witcher class with all his signs... and 2 swords... and 1 of them would need to be his awesome psi-blade!