How to edit basic AI?

tomdemoo123

That's not AI, that's dialogue. It's in the quest DialogueGeneric. You can just condition it out by adding a condition to the general dialogue of it to block out the entire quest, or just to the individual lines.

You go in, make a new global constant that will always equal 0, find the quest (I used the Edit>Find Text feature of the CK), find the line, add a condition to the line to only play when the global has a value of 1 (never).

Edit: Here's an ESP that will disable all dead body comments excluding those like "Oh no, Roggvir" which are specific to Roggvir and would only happen once anyway.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwlIF_4xkSTvYm95VGE4SEFvUkk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mattiewagg

That's not AI, that's dialogue. It's in the quest DialogueGeneric. You can just condition it out by adding a condition to the general dialogue of it to block out the entire quest, or just to the individual lines.

You go in, make a new global constant that will always equal 0, find the quest (I used the Edit>Find Text feature of the CK), find the line, add a condition to the line to only play when the global has a value of 1 (never).

Edit: Here's an ESP that will disable all dead body comments excluding those like "Oh no, Roggvir" which are specific to Roggvir and would only happen once anyway.

First of all, thanks for the reply.

But I said it was AI earlier because not only do they say that, but they stop what they're doing, look down and say whatever they want.

But I said it was AI earlier because not only do they say that, but they stop what they're doing, look down and say whatever they want.

That's part of the dialogue. The dialogue runs when they see a corpse - the dialogue is not checked "can move when greeting" and so they stop, and they headtrack the target. Part of that is hardcoded (when the event is sent, and what they look at) - the moving part is not. Stopping the dialogue lines from playing will stop that from happening - saying "Can Say While Moving" in the dialogue should allow them to keep moving but it'll be super weird if they just walk by while saying it.

"I'm trying to make a mod that removes NPCs saying" led me to believe you wanted to remove the dialogue. What I said above is one way to do so, rather than deleting, which I'd never recommend.

That's part of the dialogue. The dialogue runs when they see a corpse - the dialogue is not checked "can move when greeting" and so they stop, and they headtrack the target. Part of that is hardcoded (when the event is sent, and what they look at) - the moving part is not. Stopping the dialogue lines from playing will stop that from happening - saying "Can Say While Moving" in the dialogue should allow them to keep moving but it'll be super weird if they just walk by while saying it.

"I'm trying to make a mod that removes NPCs saying" led me to believe you wanted to remove the dialogue. What I said above is one way to do so, rather than deleting, which I'd never recommend.

And one last question? May I upload this to the nexus? (Of course under your name) I don't see a point to make it myself if it's already been made :P

Edited by tomdemoo123

I was just uploading it now under my name, actually. I've got a similar mod so figured I might as well put it out there. I'll link it when done b/c I made a couple quick variants. :P

I was just uploading it now under my name, actually. I've got a similar mod so figured I might as well put it out there. I'll link it when done b/c I made a couple quick variants. :tongue:

Oh, alrighty. Great! I wanted a mod like this, because when I play the new skyrim multiplayer mod (Tamriel Online) the npcs keep talking about the dead bodies. Thanks!

I was just uploading it now under my name, actually. I've got a similar mod so figured I might as well put it out there. I'll link it when done b/c I made a couple quick variants. :tongue:

Oh, alrighty. Great! I wanted a mod like this, because when I play the new skyrim multiplayer mod (Tamriel Online) the npcs keep talking about the dead bodies. Thanks!

Sure. Should be up in like 10 min.