How much FPS do you have?

Rage912

I average in the high 50s to around 60, with the GFX cranked pretty much all the way up. My only real problem is the occassional CTD; which is usually preceded by warning video stutters. No idea what causes it, as it doesn't always happen in the same location excepting the area in front of the Prospector Saloon and Chet's Store seems to be especially sensitive for me. I'm hoping to start a new job soon; if I do I'd like to upgrade my gaming laptop to one of the new rebadged Clevo 7200 units with SLIed GTX 485Ms..............the GF104 chip they're based on has totally kicked elbow in the comparison tests I've read vs the GF100 based GTX480M. w00t!..............as they say. Beyond that, it'd really be nice to see the next edition of FO to be based on an engine that wasn't 2007 tech, so I could actually take advantage of most of the GFX features of my system! You know................like something REALLY high tech........maybe DX10 from 2009 or something. :laugh:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys/girls Im back! I just wanted to make a quick post about Frames Per Second(FPS).Not many people know this but my FPS completly sucks :laugh: . If you look at the pics in my mods they look like really low quality. My computer is not even ment for gamin but my passion for FNV is to much. Before today I was only getting an average of 5-8 FPS when I played FNV. I dont know what happend today but I installed a couple of mods and my FPS shot up to about an average of 16-20. I know thats not a lot to most people on this site but thats a loot for me. Im suprised my computer can even handel High res textures and the texture quaility to HIGH without a lag. All I want to know is how much FPS do you get when you play New Vegas and if there is anything I can do to make my FPS better without getting a new computer. I always wanted an Alien Ware but my family does not have enough money to buy one so until then Im stuck with 16-20 FPS.

You can actually lock the framerate at whatever you want with NVSR, I keep mine locked at 40 since 30 looks a bit laggy to me. You actually don't need to lock the framerate at all you can just apply the 64hz fix. I'm sure that the lower framerate causes the game to take longer to crash due to what sounds like a memory leak.

Ohhhh... I tried that but It made my computer more slow when I played FNV. IDK why but it didnt work for me. Besides its supposed to keep the computer at 30 FPS at least but mine was still arounf 8-18