Dead Money Released!

IIJG53Valantine

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rubbish. I played through it on 360 last year and it was absolutely terrible. Nauseating gameplay, minimal extra content (weapons etc), terrible excuses during story (you meet a mute, and it's so obvious they just made a mute character so they wouldn't have to do voice-acting for it), and it's just awful.

Avoid at all costs.

It's rubbish. I played through it on 360 last year and it was absolutely terrible. Nauseating gameplay, minimal extra content (weapons etc), terrible excuses during story (you meet a mute, and it's so obvious they just made a mute character so they wouldn't have to do voice-acting for it), and it's just awful.

Avoid at all costs.

I'm pretty sure you can restore her voice (not exactly sure how and under what circumstance, so it's not really a spoiler), and she is one of the cooler characters in this game, to me. I can definitely say that so far it is much better than Op:Anchorage, Broken Steel, and (especially) Mothership Zeta. I found The Pitt and Point Lookout to be more interesting than the base game of Fallout 3, and I haven't completed this yet so I don't know if I can say if it's better, worse, or the same as them to me. Also, I wasn't aware that content=items, which is implied by "(weapons etc)". I thought that content was how much stuff there is to do in the game. I suppose weapons can be a part of that, but oh well.

Paid for it for nearly an hour ago, Steam is now on the 3rd update. Makes no sense to me. 17mb update to New Vegas followed by 100mb install of Dead Money. It lets me start the game, but NVSE needed updating so I quit the game and went and updated that. Then Steam won't let me play New Vegas, saying it has to do a 7.3gb update. After closing Steam and opening it again it says it's already downloaded 7.0gb (in 2 minutes apparently) and now I'm waiting for it to download the remaining "300mb".

=/

This may be unrelated but it's similar;Twice before Team Fortress 2 updated for me and it said I had to install a portion of it again (about 1.25 gb) and it kept saying the server was not repsonding. I found out it was because it was having problems with the FAT32 which was the format that my external hard drive was because I install all my steam games to it. So steam may be having problems with the updating files correctly.