First game you remember playing.

JustATac0

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, get out your calculators. I used to think that The Legend of Zelda on the NES was my first game. Then I read this thread.

I played a table top version Pong in a bar in 1973. I never counted it as a 'video game' until I read this thread.

I also saw that RattleAndGrind mentioned ADVENT. I played that game too. It was a 1975ish command line game and it is considered the father of all RPG games.

Edited by PoorlyAged

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly can't recall. It was more likely on the 2600, but for some reason, most of my earliest memories were arcade and intellivision. I'll just say Pitfall. That was definitely one of the first I was fascinated with at least.

Edited by kthompsen

The very first game I ever played was A computer game called "crystal cave" and "Commander Keen" back on MSDOS when those games were popular.... I also played Sega mainly sonic, street fighter, etc... But the MSDOS games were my fav.

Hugos house of horrors was hard to beat... If you have never played it you should.... the hardest part for me was when the dog ran to you when you left the room... and you have to type commands into the game LOL

I also played a game called "The Dig" if you have never played it... you should...It's about 3 people that drill a hole in a asteroid to blow it up... and end up being teleported to another planet... then you learn all about it and the story in the game is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

A Pong clone, probably at some family friends' house. One of those cheap consoles that had a pair of paddles and about ten built-in variants of the same game, creatively named "tennis", "football", "hockey" etc.

The early eighties were a neat time to be a kid in terms of diversity in electronic entertainment. Microcomputers, consoles, arcades, Game & Watch. Bloated market and everything incompatible with everything else so everything that looked different also was different and always felt fresh.