First game you remember playing.

JustATac0

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember sneaking out of primary school at lunch time to play the "table top" arcade games at the local shop. Some one unscrewed the lid on one of them and we would sneak the occasional free game. Used to get caught and the principal would give us the cane across the hand for it. ;)

Space Invaders, Galaxian, Frogger etc were the ones at the time.

Was fortunate enough to get Galaxy Invader 1000 and Galaxian 2 hand held games when they were released. They are still in my cupboard with the original packaging.

• 2 months later...

I believe it was Super Mario Bros but it could had been Doom as I'm not sure which I played first. All I remember is sitting next to my older brother as we took turns in the former while the later was completely due to him having the PC first so most of the games were FPSes... and Myst. And Maniac Mansion.

That being said we have a Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 but I have no idea if we had them because of Dad being a such a tech geek or if we had them because my brother got them years later like with the Sega Saturn.

• 2 weeks later...

California Games for the NES. To this day, I still don't know how any of the controls work as it doesn't tell you in the game, and we didn't have a manual. This didn't stop us from playing the absolute hell out of this game just button mashing during every sport to see if we could get any points.

ogzAhTU.png

Music is still stellar in my opinion! A lot of NES music holds up pretty well.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh boy

I remember when my father brought a fake NES console and "999999 in one" caset.

The first game i played is super mario cause it was on the top

then played the others and loved the game with fighting with other tanks and protecting a silver medal(i think)

• 2 weeks later...