Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mod that's based on a necromancer who has a secret hideout in a small farm house. I remember that you have to go down and around a corner in the house, then there is an easel with a painting, and when you touch the painting, it takes you to his secret hideout. I can't remember the name to save the life of me, and I can't find it here on the Nexus by searching for "Necromancer" so if you guys could help me that'd be great.

Thanks!

Tracy

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mod that's based on a necromancer who has a secret hideout in a small farm house. I remember that you have to go down and around a corner in the house, then there is an easel with a painting, and when you touch the painting, it takes you to his secret hideout. I can't remember the name to save the life of me, and I can't find it here on the Nexus by searching for "Necromancer" so if you guys could help me that'd be great.

Thanks!

Tracy

It's Markov manor.

Hi there, I like that we can ride horses in-game but i hate the fact that most of the enemies would target my horse instead of me when it's closeby.

Is there a mod that can help with that? like say scripting the horse to run away when enemies are nearby, then the enemies would only target the player and the horse will return when the enemies are all dead?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies for the somewhat open-ended question: What's currently the best solution for locking items in place? This is specifcally for hanging things on walls and preventing items in display cases from bouncing about and sliding down.

Been about a decade since I last played, but I remember there were two options:

Decorator Assistant which worked ok except occasionally items would get "stuck" in a position.

Put It In Its Place which could lock items, but also did a ton of other things which are probably overkill for my specific use case.

Unsure if there's a better solution or one of the above is the best option.

Edited by snargel

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I did as you asked, and played the vanilla version of Oblivion until I got to the end of the sewers. Then I installed the mods on Oblivion Mod manager. Once again, the game crashes before it can even begin. This is the eleventh time I've tried to mod it using Oblivion Mod Manager. When I took a look at the data files, I noticed that it said the Unofficial Oblivion Patch was an "invalid file" along with "citadel door fix". Can someone please try to help? Why isn't Oblivion Mod Manager working with me!?!?

Okay, I did as you asked, and played the vanilla version of Oblivion until I got to the end of the sewers. Then I installed the mods on Oblivion Mod manager. Once again, the game crashes before it can even begin. This is the eleventh time I've tried to mod it using Oblivion Mod Manager. When I took a look at the data files, I noticed that it said the Unofficial Oblivion Patch was an "invalid file" along with "citadel door fix". Can someone please try to help? Why isn't Oblivion Mod Manager working with me!?!?

Try my secret weapon.

Using that same end of the sewers save that has zero mods installed exit the sewers and run around to places like the Market District. What you are looking for is how the game is running with no mods ... nice and smooth is the ideal, how you are measuring up to the ideal is the info you are getting.

Then exit the game and install one mod. Load the end of sewers save and test again. All good ... move on to the next mod. Big problems ... it should be pretty simple to figure out where to start troubleshooting. When you add one mod to a properly working game troubleshooting is a trivial affair. When you add a bunch of mods to a game that wasn't really stressed (the tutorial sewers are peanuts for any half decent computer compared to the game world) and now it doesn't work you are where you are now finding yourself ... with no idea where to start figuring out what is wrong.

Slow is faster.

And by the way ... this is the Mod Detectives thread, not a troubleshooting thread. Read the previous posts and you'll get an idea of what this thread is about.

• 1 month later...