Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Speaking for myself, I don't think I've ever seen a Mod that was dependant on USKP. The Unofficial patches (all) fix errors/bugs left (not fixed) by Bethesda in the Skyrim.eam , Update.esm , Dawngaurd , Dragonborn , and Hearthfire I believe. So any mods you have should work whether you get all the Unofficial patches or wait to get USLEEP. Plus make sure to clean your files with TesVedit (Do Not Clean your Skyrim.esm) if your having problems plus LOOT to help with your load order.

There are, indeed, mods that are dependent on the patches. It's not the most common thing though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never installed any of the unofficial patches but have been putting a lot of thought into doing so now (I've simply always been worried that some of my mods will wind up being incompatible, leading to an even less stable game than I already have. Skyrim is a finicky little b****).

Would you recommend that I go ahead and install all the patches (minus HD, as I don't use it) now and then update with the oncoming release, or would it be better just to wait?

You should be ok to install the patches now and upgrade to USLEEP later. If you'd rather avoid the hassle involved in uninstalling the current patches to install the new one when the time comes, you could just wait. It'll only be a matter of about 6 more weeks at most. Assuming nothing goes wrong with the upcoming public beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Daunting? Dunno about that. It's actually gone pretty well. Better than expected even, which makes this suspicious lizard wary that we've missed something :P

But that's what public betas are for, which should be happening in the next few days.

Yep, the long awaited beta run is here! Those of you who have been following along already won't be surprised by this, but now it's official. We've entered the public beta phase for USLEEP. Please keep in mind this is NOT something you should use on any save you intend to keep, as has always been the case with a patch beta.

We expect this stage of things to last at least a full month. Please confine testing to making sure the merge performs flawlessly. You may need to update some mods which depend on the USKP to properly function alongside USLEEP. I have made copies of Cutting Room Floor and Bring Out Your Dead available that will cover this for those of you who use them.

Mod authors and translators, now is the time to begin planning. While we can't guarantee this will be the final form for the official 3.0.0 release, the goal is to try and do just that. So any changes that may be needed along the way should be minor.

We're getting closer. Unification Day is coming!

Download link: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/files/file/1615-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-beta/
Official announcement: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4276-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-usleep/

• 2 weeks later...

Will USLEEP make cleaning the default master files obsolete?

No, unfortunately you will still need to clean those ESM files (Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn) yourself. To the best of my knowledge - only Bethesda has the ability to fix the dirty edits/ITM records and we all know that isn't going to happen since they've shifted their efforts to FO4 now. Just in case it isn't clear, the USLEEP plugin file will not have to be cleaned just as the separate version of the patches have never needed to be cleaned; we always do that before releasing the patch(es).

Edited by blackpete8427

Will USLEEP make cleaning the default master files obsolete?

No, unfortunately you will still need to clean those ESM files (Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn) yourself. To the best of my knowledge - only Bethesda has the ability to fix the dirty edits/ITM records and we all know that isn't going to happen since they've shifted their efforts to FO4 now. Just in case it isn't clear, the USLEEP plugin file will not have to be cleaned just as the separate version of the patches have never needed to be cleaned; we always do that before releasing the patch(es).

But since USLEEP loads after all the ESM files, can't it just overwrite the dirty edits?