project nevada equipment and weapon retexture project compatibility issue

ehchung7

i found texture problem of homemade rifle in project nevada equipment.

homemade rifle and homemade assault rifle uses default weapon textures but weapon retexture project(by millenia) changes that texture so it makes mapping problem

could anyone fix this problem?

Edited by ehchung7

• 3 weeks later...

i found texture problem of homemade rifle in project nevada equipment.

homemade rifle and homemade assault rifle uses default weapon textures but weapon retexture project(by millenia) changes that texture so it makes mapping problem

could anyone fix this problem?

Same problem here. Textures areee all scrambled

Millenia changes some of the UV maps of some weapons (marksman carbine, sawn-off shotgun, sniper rifle, 9mm smg, 12.7mm SMG, silenced pistol, 357 revolver, .44 magnum from memory). What you need to do is find the original texture for the weapons, extract them (from textures.bsa) to somewhere and rename them (silenced22.dds to silenced22OLD.dds) and put them in your textures folder then open the homemade assault rifle mesh in nifskope and point the texture to the renamed texture.

Millenia changes some of the UV maps of some weapons (marksman carbine, sawn-off shotgun, sniper rifle, 9mm smg, 12.7mm SMG, silenced pistol, 357 revolver, .44 magnum from memory). What you need to do is find the original texture for the weapons, extract them (from textures.bsa) to somewhere and rename them (silenced22.dds to silenced22OLD.dds) and put them in your textures folder then open the homemade assault rifle mesh in nifskope and point the texture to the renamed texture.

Thanks. I've never used nifskope but I'll try it I guess. (Even though all the weapons you listed are fine with Millenia's textures, for me. It's just Homemade and Lucky so far). I'm not quite following. Change thje name of trhe messed up guns' textures than find the mesh and point it to the renamed? So point the Lucky mesh to LuckyOld? That's what you seem to say but it looks counterintuitive.

Thanks. I've never used nifskope but I'll try it I guess. (Even though all the weapons you listed are fine with Millenia's textures, for me. It's just Homemade and Lucky so far). I'm not quite following. Change thje name of trhe messed up guns' textures than find the mesh and point it to the renamed? So point the Lucky mesh to LuckyOld? That's what you seem to say but it looks counterintuitive.

I mean get the original textures for the guns messed up by millenia's pack then rename a copy of the original textures (or put it in a different folder, just don't overwrite millenia's) then point the mesh to the renamed old texture. Is that clearer?

I mean get the original textures for the guns messed up by millenia's pack then rename a copy of the original textures (or put it in a different folder, just don't overwrite millenia's) then point the mesh to the renamed old texture. Is that clearer?

Yes, thank you. Wish me luck.

NEVER MIND!

I figured it out! (at least for Lucky. Haven't checked other guns yet)

Wrye Flash turns off the WMX-Arenovalis esp when you make a bashed patch.when it really needs to be on.

Hopefully this helps other.

Edit: doesn't help the Homemade Rifle. hmm.

Double edit: oh somehow the inmvalidation bsa had migrated from the top

Edited by thebigJA

• 11 months later...

Hey. I've no idea if anyone is still replying to this thread, but I need a solution to what I think is the same problem you both were going through

My 12.7mm smg, 12.7mm pistol, brush gun, and several other textures are jumbled and mapped incorrectly. Is there an easy quick fix or am I just stuck with mismatched textures?

Do you have any form of "ArchiveInvalidation" active? You might need to "toggle it" off and then on again. (This is included in most mod managers. How to activate for the four major ones is listed under the "Checklist" in the wiki article "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting Guide".

-Dubious-

Since Mill changed the UV's of everything, they really should be in separate folders and his meshes pointing to them rather than overriding vanilla assets. That's really the only correct way to fix this issue, and he's not supporting WRP anymore.