How do I remove a standalone NPC's hood? Help needed

TheDragonforged

Ok, so I downloaded this follower: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54973/?

Necromancer Follower Xavier. He looks awesome, but I want to remove the hood. The problem is he

isn't wearing anything on his head. When I go to his inventory he has equipped his armor,

boots, gloves, skirt, cloak and (I think) a silver necklace or a ring. I downloaded the file

and tried manually to erase the hood and I did, but that left him bald. I got a strip spell and

I used it on him and he was down to his undies and he had his hair! So somehow I made the hood

invisible that makes his hair dissapear when equipped. And before anyone asks, no I can't

ask the creator since he locked the comment section of the mod page. Please help.

Edited by TheDragonforged

There is a mod on Nexus called NPC Clothes Manager & Maintainer by Dudestia. Your character will receive a ring & when you talk to someone with it equipped you will have the option to change & manage their clothing.

Select the first option Change Outfit to add the NPC to your control list, & take any items that you want to keep & give back to them (if you don't do this you will lose these items in the following steps).

Now select the Unlock option, then Remove Default Outfit - this will delete the NPCs default outfit that you don't normally have the option to change (including the hood you have mentioned).

Now select Change Outfit & give them any items that you want them to always have equipped, then Lock Outfit to stop the NPC from removing these items (you can unlock, give more items & relock as often as you like).

Once the NPC outfit is locked any items that you give them they will equip as & when they choose - good if you want the NPC to switch between different weapons for example.

It's a good idea to save before you start messing around with this just in case you don't like what you have done - I don't think it is possible to get the original NPC default outfit back otherwise.

Edited by ElioraArin