15 replies to this topic

Moksha8088

Moksha8088

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,171 posts

http://www.infoworld...dows_2015-07-22

In Game of Thrones, winter is coming.  Here on our planet Windows 10 is coming.  We cannot stop either one.  We will wake up one morning very soon and find a screen that looks like we should touch it rather than click it with our mouse.

Will Skyrim work with Windows 10?  Do we need to make modifications of any sort?  

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 5,740 posts

Who could possibly know that? 

saurusmaximus

saurusmaximus

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,743 posts

We won't know until it comes out, though the 8-ball says 'yes'.

vortexhlp

vortexhlp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Skyrim works with windows 10 and clocks at faster framerates than on windows 7 and 8. Whether it works on w10 mobile devices, I have no idea.

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 5,740 posts

Skyrim works with windows 10 and clocks at faster framerates than on windows 7 and 8. Whether it works on w10 mobile devices, I have no idea.

thx, Bill.

notmyhome

notmyhome

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

There was a discussion over at STEP forum not too long ago. It seems to work with STEP Core for the most part, except for a few inexplicable CTDs every now and then.

Moksha8088

Moksha8088

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,171 posts

My son tells me that it works with his Windows 10 preview edition.  Seems scary having a Windows operating system before its update patch 1 is released.

tekkertista

tekkertista

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just downloaded the full version of Windows 10. Glad to say Skyrim is loading with the rest of my 106 mods :))))

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

I have been following the Win10 forums for a while, and Skyrim, plus all mods seem to be working just fine on the final release version. :thumbsup:

jhelzei

jhelzei

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 360 posts
Just upgraded today, and it seems to work fine. No change in FPS, but it does seem a little smoother, with fewer FPS drops. The Win10 desktop fonts look all blurry though. Turned off DPI scaling, and now they're too small.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10, skyrim

Page loaded in: 1.176 seconds