• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

james1994

james1994

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
First off: You just earned yourself a lifetime exception in my AdBlock Plus filter; I never knew the adverts were so essential to keeping this place alive.

Second: I will pay for Premium and donate when my parents allow me to get my own debit card. This is my second favourite site on the Net. Keep up the good work. You rock, Dark0ne.

Thanks again for this great site,
-James

alividlife

alividlife

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 490 posts
You should be proud... Definitely nailed a niche in a very unique market.

From a base level of reading your blog here, I am very impressed and definitely think you are right for the job.

Perhaps I am just very tired, but in a certain way, if I was reading between the lines, you aren't thinking of outsourcing more of your admninistration?

What I like about the site, is it is simple. I remember the first time stumbling on Oblivion mods, and just being blown away... I wish I had only known about this in the Morrowind days.

Anyway, I will definitely be getting a premium account once again, as I have done it off and on for quite a while now.

I can't wait to see how this ages over 10, 20 years.
Cheers to many more!
:)

chaospearl

chaospearl

Never tell me the odds!

• Premium Member
  • 613 posts

actually, you already can donate. It's just that the information is buried at the very, very bottom of the page about Premium Membership:

Excellent! I had no idea that was there -- and I even looked around specifically for a donation button. Maybe it ought to be a little less difficult to find, heh. I'm off to donate. Thank you for the information.

Edit: Wow, I was apparently underestimating when I said it was tough to find. I just spent 10 minutes poking around the forums, the Nexus wiki, search boxes... and even KNOWING it's there I still cannot find the page about Premium Membership you referred to. I got there using the link you provided, but how on earth does one get there without a direct link from a mod's post? Feel free to make fun of me if I'm missing a big huge obvious link somewhere... the closest thing I could find is the wiki page about giving back to the community.

Edit the second: Aha, I found it. Box to the upper left on the Nexus main page itself. I was so busy hunting the forum area I didn't think to check the main site download area at first.

Edited by chaospearl, 02 March 2011 - 06:09 PM.

lostone1993

lostone1993

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
After reading this article I actually want to become premium Just so it will support this site, This is the best series of modding sites I have come across

RedVexHK

RedVexHK

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
Dark0ne I could build this site with my hands tied behind my back!!! *ties hands behind back* OK. lets get errm... uhm.. where's my glasses?? I can't read the screen without my glasses.. oh darnit... my hands are tied..... can't reach my glasses....

LOL>. wonderful job hon.. you have put a lot into this.. not sure why.. must be a hobby.. or growing insanity. *smiles* But I'm glad you have.
Looking forward to see the new changes

LordWushin

LordWushin

The Night Stalker

• Premium Member
  • 743 posts
After being here for a year, I finally decided to go premium. Because of how awesome Staff and Admin have made this place. Just disappointed I didn't do it earlier. Thanks Dark0ne and everyone else! :wub: :thumbsup:

AllanOcelot

AllanOcelot

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Robin is actually on my list of real world role models. :)
No joke. aha.

I have another list of `impossible people role models,'......I often ask myself `what would homer do,' ......not the simpson >.>

Nycimus

Nycimus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
This almost made me cry. I am buying a lifetime membership to the site, and I am definately posting posting more stuff and becoming more active now.

Zaldir

Zaldir

• Moderators
  • 12,667 posts
That was a good read, Rob! :D

I appreciate everything you've done with these sites, and I am also very impressed! With basic knowledge on the matter, you started a Morrowind mod site, and now, you're running 4 Mod Hosting Sites and a huge forum! :)
I'll donate once I turn 18, be sure of that! :thumbsup:

... oh, and; nice way to get more people to get Premium^^

Herculine

Herculine

NEKOMANCER

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts
I've heard it said (not here per se) that video game websites are just a hobby and nothing serious.

Those people making such statements truly have no clue.

Dark 0ne, you've obviously invested not only a substantial bit of The Queen's Currency in this, but a substantial portion of your life as well. For that we all are in your debt.

If I'm ever on the island I'll buy you a pint!

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.016 seconds