• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Pyrosocial

Pyrosocial

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
You've made the biggest, most freindly, and supportive forums I have ever seen, or been a member of. If i had the resources I would gladly use them to help this site.

Thank you, and the rest of the staff for for doing what you do, great job!

Zalpha

Zalpha

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
Thanks that was really informative, I have been a member for a long time now, well since Fallout 3 really and have about 30 GB in just zips from the Nexus site for Fallout 3 alone, not to mention the other nexus site mods. I plan to get a life time membership as soon as I get job and get the cash together (currently studying), as I donít plan on leaving the site anytime soon.

Thanks for what you have done for the gaming community. XD

Netwit2008

Netwit2008

No you're notbeing paranoid-I reallyAM reading your thoughts

• Premium Member
  • 1,844 posts
Like Chaospearl, I choose to renew every 6 months or so (did choose a one year renewal this last time around) to hopefully provide ongoing financial support. I was a site moderator for another community back in the day, and have played key roles in a few other online communities. However, and I've said this before, I've never felt the inclination or desire to become a paying member, like I did here.

I was impressed with Robin, which I've also said often, and his admin/mod team. That made a great difference. The site wasn't owned and maintained by some corporation or big company. I liked the fact it was started by an avid gamer, for gamers. Robin, you were really smart to match your academic work and degree to compliment what I'm sure started out as a hobby, but has now grown into a business.

My decision to become a premium member was solely based on how much I liked and felt comfortable on this site. I couldn't even mod, I just enjoyed having so much content being made available to the masses, regardless of ability to pay. Wanting to give back and help, I went premium and plan to stay that way.

I also liked the availability of the admins/moderators, including Robin. I never felt like they were way up there looking down, but just regular folks, die hard gamers like myself. I know I can PM any one of them and I'll get a reply or the help I need, so again, it's like being a part of a big family or group of good friends. That goes a loooong way to keep good members. I recommend the Nexus whenever I meet a gamer who loves any of the games we have here.

I've learned so many new things, met so many cool people of all ages, from all over the world, and have just in general enjoyed my time here. There will always be some who don't agree, don't like the sites, or want more, etc. but the sheer size of membership and level of consistent activity here attests to the fact that you all must be doing something right.

I just looked at my profile stats the other day and realized I will have been a part of this community for 2 years on April 30th. I can't believe the time has flown so! It's been gratifying to see the evolution of the site in this short amount of time. I know it will be exciting to see how it continues to evolve.

If you ever need any help with anything here, don't hesitate to call on me. Thumbs up and keep it rolling! :o)

Edited by Netwit2008, 06 March 2011 - 10:21 AM.

iillithidd

iillithidd

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for such a well run and professional site - it really is pleasure to be part of this community.

Great support from and for genuine gamers.

LHammonds

LHammonds

Ghost in da Machine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,337 posts
Ah, another good reason to have moderators that are mainly "into" one game or another....because anyone that likes playing / modding Oblivion (like me) will be fairly non-existent around here or anywhere else on 11/11/11 and maybe a few days/weeks after. hehehe.

LHammonds

FoxZero

FoxZero

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I run several low-traffic sites off a rented shared server and I find that alone to be a headache. The plus side is that they're so cheap to run I have literally made back ten times what I invested in a month back. I have seen figures from blog sites in upwards of a few thousand dollars, I can only imagine what you have to pay. And then of course the fact that you've designed all the sites is just as impressive.

I recently purchased a Premium membership as I was going mod crazy (I'm slowing down, I think), but I think I'll continue to buy the 3 month packages. I'm too poor right now to outright purchase a lifetime membership. This is definitely not a fan site. It's without a doubt a serious mod site of professional quality and the Premium features are definitely worth paying for.

Thanks for your wonderful service.

tactcom

tactcom

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 125 posts
I was thinking to go premium by some time already (fallout 3) but never stopped to actually do it for real. After reading this i took the time and subscribed.
Thank you.

Tlz

Tlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
No offense man your great and awesome and all but learnt isn't a word. As a college graduate you should know that. It's learned ;)

evilneko

evilneko

Honohime

• Premium Member
  • 2,187 posts
http://www.merriam-w...ctionary/learnt

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,419 posts
Welcome to how to speak English instead of "American English" ;)

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.071 seconds